Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Deciding on EMC values would really be a bitch. It's even harder then it looks like at first glance. What about EMC values of something like the old uu-matter? (just cause' I haven't touched the new version yet) It cost scrap, so you could say x scrap = one uu-matter. However, uu-matter also costs energy, so you'd have to find a way to balance that. And even then, you'd need to add extra EMC for skipping right over the mass fabricator, and all the over machines you'd be skipping over to get that mass fabricator.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of Iron Ore/Iron Ingots, why not just give iron ore an EMC Value but not iron ingots or things made from iron ingots? This forces your EMC Value to remain static and balanced at the cost of lacking options.
Also isn't the new Dynamic EMC system gonna deal with this sort of thing?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Deciding on EMC values would really be a bitch. It's even harder then it looks like at first glance. What about EMC values of something like the old uu-matter? (just cause' I haven't touched the new version yet) It cost scrap, so you could say x scrap = one uu-matter. However, uu-matter also costs energy, so you'd have to find a way to balance that. And even then, you'd need to add extra EMC for skipping right over the mass fabricator, and all the over machines you'd be skipping over to get that mass fabricator.
The new emc values are determined by a program called dyna-emc that changes and adapts to the enviornment your playing in. That means that things like a creating recipe for 3 iron = ender pearl would make ender pearls worth three iron in emc. Get it?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Tell me the EMC for uu-matter then.

It would have to be based on the crafting recipes; I think diamond generated the most EMC per UU, so a piece of UU would have to be 1/9th of a diamond or more, otherwise you'd get a crafting loop.
It does mean that UUM->EMC->Item is more efficient than UUM->Crafting->Item.
I'd probably say 1000 EMC per UUM

On the topic of Iron Ore/Iron Ingots, why not just give iron ore an EMC Value but not iron ingots or things made from iron ingots? This forces your EMC Value to remain static and balanced at the cost of lacking options.
Also isn't the new Dynamic EMC system gonna deal with this sort of thing?

The dynamic EMC would fix things like the blaze rod/bonemeal exploits with macerators ect, by adjusting the EMC values of rod/dust to always add up to eachother. Even if you used Minetweaker so a rod gave 64 dust in a macerator, the game will change the EMC values so a rod is 64 times more expensive.

The only problem is this can open up minor exploits where the EMC can skip certain aspects of the tech tree.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
The little think that bothers me... are the recipes that end up giving you a few left-over items/blocks that you'll almost never need again.
Like TC Wand Caps. And RC Blast Furnaces, though at least there you're likely to build more than one to make up for it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The little think that bothers me... are the recipes that end up giving you a few left-over items/blocks that you'll almost never need again.
Like TC Wand Caps. And RC Blast Furnaces, though at least there you're likely to build more than one to make up for it.
It's easy enough to recover the spare nugget in TC4(except for thaumium ones) if you have a ore berry farm(and who doesn't these days?).

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
It's easy enough to recover the spare nugget in TC4(except for thaumium ones) if you have a ore berry farm(and who doesn't these days?).
Wow I feel like such a noob right now for not having an ore berry farm lol....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk