Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Current irk? Dying and loosing my l33t gear. AGAIN. Its the time I spent on the gear that irks me most.
That and I think I might of dropped my Master blood orb in the lava this time.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there's always:
/gamerule set keepInventory true
(Or graves from various mods - but I find them to be ridiculously buggy)

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
1. I hate when you have to make an animal farm, you must put it far from your frequented spots otherwise sounds will drive you crazy. Can make a muffler, but still.
2. Infusion crafting, distillation and research.
3. Can't find a necessary mob for hours. Can find easily when not needed. And it is worse in multiplayer.

Last edited:

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
3. Can't find a necessary mob for hours. Can find easily when not needed. And it is worse in multiplayer.

A slight variation to this: try to find a specific natura tree with BoP enabled. Sakura is easy because it spawns in river biomes, but good luck finding amaranth (vanilla jungle), tiger wood (vanilla forest) willow (vanilla swamp) and there's a few more painful ones.

Reactions: RedBoss

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What irks me?

Looking up videos on you tube only to find info that is horribly outdated, and nothing relevant to the current or even the last version of the mod.

Oh, and arrows.... Damned skeletons aren't dropping enough, and I made the horrible mistake of killing the only 3 chickens that were near me when I started, for food.
Must have had a bad spawn location, 2 sheep, 3 chickens, no cows, no pigs.. I've done a lot of exploring and found some sheep, cows and pigs, but these chicken keep eluding me...

:)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
What irks me?

Looking up videos on you tube only to find info that is horribly outdated, and nothing relevant to the current or even the last version of the mod.

Oh, and arrows.... Damned skeletons aren't dropping enough, and I made the horrible mistake of killing the only 3 chickens that were near me when I started, for food.
Must have had a bad spawn location, 2 sheep, 3 chickens, no cows, no pigs.. I've done a lot of exploring and found some sheep, cows and pigs, but these chicken keep eluding me...

:)
Vanilla arrows? TiC bows are the new fad, vanilla bows suck in compareison*
not my opinion or a fact

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I hate it when other mods add starting books when you make a world. To me it seems like saying "Fuck other mods, use me instead!"
That's why I like Witchery's books. Witchery's got like 7 books, but you have to actually get started using the mod to make them (you need some plant materials and a fume). I guess it's nice because once you are that far in, you'll know if you want the books later or not (in other words, if you want to continue using the mod).

Reactions: xbony2

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And most of them are tl:dr anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And some of 'em aren't craftable! And let me know if you find any like this, because I haven't seen this type in ages if it wasn't a "written book" variant.

Actually even worse, some mods have books that add themselves when you reach a certain point in the mod. I mean, seriously?

I only know of two mods that do this, and one of them is TConstruct, a mod I can't find the will to remove because those slime islands are actually really useful for me.
The other is Mariculture and at least those ones disabled from being just given to you.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
It's the "Welcome to the world, new player! Lemme just take 7 slots of your inventory for books."

Now an early priority is book storage. lol
As opposed to those mods with no in-game documentation that you never use because you don't want to pause the game to load a webpage every few minutes in order to use it?
If there were no beginning books most players wouldn't know how to craft them, since there's nothing in-game to tell them. At least with these books you can check them out then drop them if you don't want them.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
That's why I like Witchery's books. Witchery's got like 7 books, but you have to actually get started using the mod to make them (you need some plant materials and a fume). I guess it's nice because once you are that far in, you'll know if you want the books later or not (in other words, if you want to continue using the mod).
Yeah. Mods like gregtech that put books in dungeons aren't bad either.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if mods would be able to spawn books into your vanilla ender chest inventory when you join a server.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla arrows? TiC bows are the new fad, vanilla bows suck in compareison*
not my opinion or a fact
You know the one reason vanilla bows will always be better to me?? Infinity enchant. It would be nice if the TiC would allow a modifier for it, even if it only worked with vanilla arrows. I understand you can get your TiC arrows back, so you don't need infinity, but how many times do you shoot something where you CAN'T get them back?