Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
My ...complex is approx 181x181m on a side. The first floor fits my Thaumcraft, an AE2 auto ore processing system built using ender io. That interfaces via a single fluix cable connecting a storage bus to an interface of the next network: storage. Here a controller controls arrays of drives and storage busses linking barrels and DSUs in. This has another interface on the other side which my on-demand crafting and general access network connects to.

On demand crafting is currently an AE chip fab. About 24 molecular assemblers. And various TE and EIO machines.

That network has recently grown enough that I am using p2p tunnels to extend its reach as making dense cable is bloody expensive.

At any rate I have 3 separate me controllers that are all linked into a coherent whole by their common need to store and access storage.

And p2p tunnels as well. Given the scale of this network I can't say the channel limit is really holding back large builds. But I am concerned all these network abstractions are going to hurt server tps

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure I ever figured it out...how do you use P2P tunnels to extend a network? I don't think I ever got that...

I thought it was complicated until I saw direwolf20 use them in his lets play s7 e70ish iirc.

All you need are two p2p tunnels and a memory card and enough fluix cable and two fibers.

Attach the one p2p tunnel to your existing network where there are sufficient available channels. To the other side of it attach the fluix cables. This cable now is technically a new network which will need a channel for each p2p tunnel attached so it will need power. Use the fiber to connect it to your main networks power as well. Right click the p2p tunnel with the memory card to memorize it.

Now go to the other side. Add the other p2p tunnel to the remote network. Hook up the fluix cable to that and bridge power using the 2nd fiber.

Use the memory card to associate this p2p thingy with the other and job done.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So, something like...

CTCCTC

Where C = cable and T = tunnel?
Yeah, pretty much. Just make sure the tunnels are facing outward, the cable between them has power (which can be supplied by connecting it to your main network either directly or via a quartz fiber), and the tunnels are linked via memory card. Shift-right-click the tunnel closer to your controller with the card, then regular-right-click the remote ones.

Also, recommendation: Put the "sending" P2P tunnel directly on the face of your controller or with a single dense cable in between. Don't do like Direwolf and have controller faces branch out into multiple separate sending tunnels; that just gets way too confusing way too fast.

The AE2 wiki has a really good video explaining (almost) all the tricks regarding channel management that I link to all the time. It's here. About the only thing this video doesn't cover is the Super Soaryn Drive, which some people think is cheaty and may not have existed when Algo made that video anyway.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It already can get confusing enough to remember which P2P is linked with which ^^
Oh and colored cables are also your friends when building networks...easier and more overseeable than cable-anchoring adjacent cables

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Different mods implement container GUIs differently, especially concerning shift-clicking. And it's annoying when they do it so that they only search for the first free slot to put the items into, rather than first merging with already existant stacks. And most annoying when they don't support shift-clicking at all.

That's why the code I use is how vanilla does it...

Reactions: Strikingwolf

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The fluid storage bus from extracells doesn't recognise a multiblock structure of openblocks tanks.

My fluid terminal is giving me a readout from the single block of the structure that i've attached it to. I might be forced to swap the tank out for a railcraft steel one...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The fluid storage bus from extracells doesn't recognise a multiblock structure of openblocks tanks.

My fluid terminal is giving me a readout from the single block of the structure that i've attached it to. I might be forced to swap the tank out for a railcraft steel one...
Yeah that's inherent in how the Openblocks tanks work...every tank stands on its own and it's not really a multiblock. That can be annoying at times.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
1. If you have a biome base height of -1.99, you get ground around Y=32. If you have a biome base height of -2.0, you get nothing but bedrock.
2. Moving the biome base height from -1.99 to +8.01 gives you a chunkwall. But it's not a constant height wall -- the noise pattern that is seen up at Y=200 is very different from the noise pattern at Y=32.
3. There is no sanity or logic that I can reverse-decipher about about the ground level, at least not yet.

At best, I can say that ground level is roughly between 16.666 and 17.333 blocks per unit, and 16.85 is my current "best guess" assuming that it does not change along the way -- that every one unit between -1.99 and +8.01 is the same size. That is ... completely untested at the moment and not something I'd bet on.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well the problem might rather be that it is put in modpacks in this state ...*shrug*
Still no reason to complain. I get burn-outs enough times. He gets them.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
The skeleton that keeps spamming it's bow and not letting you get close enough
TiC refusing to make pickaxes out of my choice materials
Big mods that confuse you to the point of rage quitting. *cough* Thaumcraft *cough*
You waste high quality food because a lag spike makes you to eat 2 at once
Getting poisoned and having to wait 45 seconds before continuing with what you were doing
Creepers that see a light source on my house and literally explode on it because of AI.. (A creeper blows up my chest full of stuff on a skyblock map because it saw a torch, twice)