Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Wow, and I thought the text-bug on the menu when the mod-loading-progress screen was enabled was a bad mac bug.
I've actually had more textures glitch out than what you can see in that screenshot with certain other mods installed. Reika's suite, in particular, can mess up text and vanilla block textures as well.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Texturally that looks similar to the old liquid DNA from extrabees.
It does, except the textures are mostly white except on items that have color tints applied to them, like Botania's mana tablet and the various vanilla spawn eggs. I'm pretty sure the textures for those items are replaced with either completely random numbers, or chunks of data taken from parts of memory storing things that aren't textures.

And I don't even have Forestry installed, much less any of its addons.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Irksome things:
1. The thermal expansion mod has exactly 0% of its functionality that is related to the heat related expansion of materials science.
2. Big Reactors steam: 1bucket of water makes 1bucket of steam. At stp, 1l of water produces 1600l of steam. This means that, where Pneumaticcraft goes up to perhaps 20bar of pressure, Big Reactors steam turbines are dealing with 1,600bar of steam pressure. Actually more because the BR steam is hot.

Utter happiness: Since upgrading to dw20 1.8.0, a Thermal Expansion update now calls Bronze Bronze, rather than "Tinkers Alloy".

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have a 'Ferrous' bee that produces iron nuggets, and a 'Nickel' bee that produces 'Ferrous' nuggets.
Outside chemistry, ferrous is an adjective used to indicate the presence of iron.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrous
The name of the bee is completely correct. It is named after the Latin word for Iron(just like the Stannum and Cuprum are named after Tin and Copper).
It is the Thermal Expansion ore that makes no sense and especially how it is oredict'ed to nickel. It should be oredict'ed to iron if anything(in which case its existence makes no sense)...

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess it's rather that Nickel often occurs in combination with iron or sulfur in ores.
And both are ferromagnetic :p

Reactions: Type1Ninja

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
All the things in minecraft that are publics, altered from anywhere, with no central update/alteration accessors.

All the things that have garbage names, names that have been known to be wrong for several versions of Forge, and still are not fixed.

Example: getAverageGroundHeight (misnamed), which really is just the lowest spawn height.

Latest: The "heightmap" (public, no sane access, bad name), that turns out to be skylight permeability, that can be modified by anything in the code, and only has an initial / sane generation on a chunk level on chunk creation. Oh, and a client-side only call to update/fix things that get wrong.

(seriously, was this someone's "learning java" project? :)