Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have some issues with itemducts and their filtering (blacklist/whiltelist).
Here is the setup: Input: Chest, Output 1: Induction furnace, Output 2: Pulverizer, Output 3: Pulverizer.
Output 1 is the closest to the input, while outputs 2 and 3 are equally far away.
The Input has a whitelist for 8 ores and cobblestone - this works.
Output 1 has a whitelist for Gold, Silver and Aluminum ore.
Output 2 has a whitelist for Cobblestone
Output 3 has a whitelist for the 5 other ores (copper, tin, iron etc.).

The input properly pulls items and ignores non-whitelisted material.
Output 2 only accepts Cobble
Output 3 apparently only accepts the 5 whitelisted ores.
Output 1, however, accepts everything but Cobblestone.

All filters are set to use the ore dictionary, but ignore NBT and Metadata. All are set to "Signal required: Low" and report "Status: Enabled".

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if Aluminum + the ore dictionary is messing it up. Have you tried removing either one of those from Output1's setup?

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if Aluminum + the ore dictionary is messing it up. Have you tried removing either one of those from Output1's setup?

Ah, no, but I found it: Ores don't have different IDs, they use metadata (i.e. 2001:1, 2001:2 etc.). Disabling metadata of course messes up ore sorting.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance that you would add a switch to turn off the auto-eject from the machines (maybe a checkbox in the redstone tab)?
The game crashes if any other block tries to fetch items from the inventory (e.g. a LP crafting pipe). In the old TE2 the crafting pipe was attched to the input and could 'see' the output slots. Now the output slots are no longer accessible from blue sides so you have to attach the crafting pipe to an output side (yellow, red or orange) but then the game crashes as soon as the product is ready. The TE machine outputs it and at the same time the pipe tries to import it and so one of them gets an invalid pointer.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance that you would add a switch to turn off the auto-eject from the machines (maybe a checkbox in the redstone tab)?
The game crashes if any other block tries to fetch items from the inventory (e.g. a LP crafting pipe). In the old TE2 the crafting pipe was attched to the input and could 'see' the output slots. Now the output slots are no longer accessible from blue sides so you have to attach the crafting pipe to an output side (yellow, red or orange) but then the game crashes as soon as the product is ready. The TE machine outputs it and at the same time the pipe tries to import it and so one of them gets an invalid pointer.
you can configure output to gray or white(can't remember which one), so it doesn't auto-eject items.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Just have it output into a chest. Problem solved.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019

I think one cobble/stone pipe would work as a buffer between the LP and the machine. However it is also correct to set the machine face to grey (non colored but still shows a hole) and this will allow for the pipe the pull. This is also necessary for pulling items out of TE machines using factorization routers.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm grey you say? I'll test that. I always clear the sides by shift-clicking so I didn't recognice this 'color' yet ;).
The chest solution works very well (that's what I do atm) but takes more room and doesn't look nice.
A bufferpipe won't help. If you do that the product does indeed enter the logistic network but not as a result of the crafting (and is hence routed to the storage and not to the request pipe).

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that there has been a grey side for Thermal Expansion machines since the 1.4 days.

Wow, it just destroyed my world to realize that was true. I just started testing 1.6.4. I hope that doesnt kill my ability to use routers. I am coming from 1.4.7 so I guess that's why. My apologies for the outdated info.

On the upside, DW20 seems to have finally released an update to his pack containing Binnie's mod and several upgrades to UE, Calclavia, and MFFS.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, it just destroyed my world to realize that was true. I just started testing 1.6.4. I hope that doesnt kill my ability to use routers. I am coming from 1.4.7 so I guess that's why. My apologies for the outdated info.

On the upside, DW20 seems to have finally released an update to his pack containing Binnie's mod and several upgrades to UE, Calclavia, and MFFS.

DW20 does not do the pack updates... I do :p

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. He lets me know if there's a mod update he really wants quickly but otherwise I update when there's a decent number of updates.

Oh I see, then I thank you for keeping a well maintained modpack :). I know its a lot of work, I have been doing so manually inbetween updates from time to time.

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having a problem with Flux capacitors and any tool that uses RF both the Redstone Arsenal tools and TiCO tools with the Flux modifier. If I have a flux cap. in the hotbar and it is activated to charge held tools the tool that I am using will not beable to break the block I'm working on. For example if I am using a TiCO pick or hammer with the Flux modifier or the Flux-Infused Pick Axe (This happenes in either charged or normal mode) and I try to break a piece of stone it wont work if I have the flux cap. activated. If I deactivate the flux cap the tool works fine and I dont have any problems.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having a problem with Flux capacitors and any tool that uses RF both the Redstone Arsenal tools and TiCO tools with the Flux modifier. If I have a flux cap. in the hotbar and it is activated to charge held tools the tool that I am using will not beable to break the block I'm working on. For example if I am using a TiCO pick or hammer with the Flux modifier or the Flux-Infused Pick Axe (This happenes in either charged or normal mode) and I try to break a piece of stone it wont work if I have the flux cap. activated. If I deactivate the flux cap the tool works fine and I dont have any problems.

Makes since. I think the charging is interrupting your attempts to dig. A temp fix "might" be to keep the cap of while digging. You can then just turn it on for a bit to recharge the tool.
You could/should also post this but here at the dedicated bug tracker for TE.
https://code.google.com/p/thermalexpansion/issues/list

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting spoiler, very spoiled... I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if all 3 types of ducts could be combined into 1 singular duct? similar to how EnderIO uses their cables, you can run several types of cables through the same block, which allows for compact builds. everytime you run these singular ducts to a machine, you can configure it so you can tell which item/power/liquid goes where. perhaps also add in redstone control like EnderIO and gate-like functions from Buildcraft... damn I'm spoiled :(

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
Your capacitor can't keep up with the energy consumption of the tool. Upgrade your capacitor a tier or two.