Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Skyboy is updating it to 1.7. Zeldo was playing Ag Skies and found some bugs that annoyed him so he pushed some fixes to 1.6. He's still restired. I uploaded the 3.0.0.5 version from Ag Skies so everyone can have it. Didn't want to hog it to myself.

Thanks for the update. TE has become a necessity for me, can't wait to try it in 1.7.

Doesn't Skyboy also maintain Minefactory? That must keep him busy...

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I am a tad worried about the fact that skyboy is now in control of TE; the team with KL and Zeldo made the mod remain extremely well balanced and kept it to reasonable bounds etc. They were open to hearing suggestions and considered many things. Skyboy has seemed less controlled in what he has added to MFR (bazooka?!) and has not responded well to any of my suggestions for balancing options (config options)... At the end of the day, there will be EnderIO and next-gen buildcraft :) but I hope I don't have to throw away TE; fingers crossed for a stable direct port that I can hold onto.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I am a tad worried about the fact that skyboy is now in control of TE; the team with KL and Zeldo made the mod remain extremely well balanced and kept it to reasonable bounds etc. They were open to hearing suggestions and considered many things. Skyboy has seemed less controlled in what he has added to MFR (bazooka?!) and has not responded well to any of my suggestions for balancing options (config options)... At the end of the day, there will be EnderIO and next-gen buildcraft :) but I hope I don't have to throw away TE; fingers crossed for a stable direct port that I can hold onto.

Funnily skyboy has added every config option I have requested. Him not agreeing with one person's config requests doesn't mean he is unreasonable.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Funnily skyboy has added every config option I have requested. Him not agreeing with one person's config requests doesn't mean he is unreasonable.
There is a bit of difference between someone turning their nose up at a random nobody-knows-him dev and a well known modpack maker... He has no real reason to listen to me whereas there is in fact incentive to listen to recommendations that you make. I do understand that not every "balance it my way" request can be satisfied though.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
If Skyboy weren't maintaining Minefactory Reloaded, we might not have it. I'm grateful for that. It seems he'll also be responsible for another of my favorite mods, too, so I'm happy with whatever he decides. :)

Reactions: AlanEsh

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Bazooka, didn't WayofTime added one to Blood Magic as well?
So all in all, not that big of a deal?
In terms of homing rounds, I believe Xeno's Reliquary had that very early on too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of homing rounds, I believe Xeno's Reliquary had that very early on too.

Exsept that Zeno's has a decent rate of fire and could hit it's target from a safe distance without keeping a beet on it for half a minuet.
MFR's bazooka is only good for taking out the wither and other slow moving moderately high health mobs.
I tried it against the enderdragon once. I could barely hit it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else hoping it'll be possible to use a flux tool in an activator that can be powered by an activated flux battery which is placed in the activator aswell?
it'd be awesome if that was possible, then I could just drop a flux tool in the activator along with an activated flux battery and I wouldn't have to worry about that activator for a few hours, or just drop in 8 flux batteries and I wouldn't have to worry about it for a week :p

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else hoping it'll be possible to use a flux tool in an activator that can be powered by an activated flux battery which is placed in the activator aswell?
it'd be awesome if that was possible, then I could just drop a flux tool in the activator along with an activated flux battery and I wouldn't have to worry about that activator for a few hours, or just drop in 8 flux batteries and I wouldn't have to worry about it for a week :p

Better idea would be to be able to power a activator to power the tool inside.
But just making indestructible Tcon tools is just as good.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use the metadata filter on itemducts upgraded with servos to white list an emptied tool to be pulled out of the activator, send it into an energetic infuser and autoeject into the activator once the tool is recharged?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use the metadata filter on itemducts upgraded with servos to white list an emptied tool to be pulled out of the activator, send it into an energetic infuser and autoeject into the activator once the tool is recharged?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

you can use the NBT filter

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I am a tad worried about the fact that skyboy is now in control of TE; the team with KL and Zeldo made the mod remain extremely well balanced and kept it to reasonable bounds etc. They were open to hearing suggestions and considered many things. Skyboy has seemed less controlled in what he has added to MFR (bazooka?!) and has not responded well to any of my suggestions for balancing options (config options)...

I havent realy thought about it. But now that you mention it I am kinda worried.

And this increases that worry. Its cool that mod and modpack creators work closely together. Makes for alot of cool integration etc. But if something as simple as config requests from the general populus is already to much I realy do fear for the mods future. Might be completly misplaced worry. Time will tell. But I do think it needs to be voiced.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I havent realy thought about it. But now that you mention it I am kinda worried.

And this increases that worry. Its cool that mod and modpack creators work closely together. Makes for alot of cool integration etc. But if something as simple as config requests from the general populus is already to much I realy do fear for the mods future. Might be completly misplaced worry. Time will tell. But I do think it needs to be voiced.

You do realize that most mod authors will not add config options at anyone's request?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Oh fun is all good and there is nothing wrong with MFR. Does what it advertises and does this well. Even if its to easy with to little depth and to much returns for what you get. TE on the other hand is quite different and hopefully Skyboy realises that.

You do realize that most mod authors will not add config options at anyone's request?

Yeah, I do. And depending on what the actual config is might be warrented. But out of everything, a simple config option shouldnt be hard to add while can be a significant service to the users.

In example:
Code:
  # Set to false to disable the harvester's sound when a block is harvested.
  B:PlaySounds=true

Ive requested this line to get updated to properly reflect what it does and most impotantly: state that it can be a significant FPS increase if this is set to false. My personal recommendation would go so far to set this disabled by default because the FPS difference is huge when multiple harvesters are at work and especially with large trees. But most importantly, its not a client site config.

That he doesnt want to set it false by default? Completly his choice. Infact, I can even understand not doing it. I dont agree with it but I can understand this.

Not updating that simple line of text to reflect that it removes the particals created on block destruction and in turn significantly increases FPS. That I find to be... a big mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanEsh

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Oh fun is all good and there is nothing wrong with MFR. Does what it advertises and does this well. Even if its to easy with to little depth and to much returns for what you get. TE on the other hand is quite different and hopefully Skyboy realises that.

Yeah, I do. And depending on what the actual config is might be warrented. But out of everything, a simple config option shouldnt be hard to add while can be a significant service to the users.

Actually configs can be difficult to add. Depends on the config.

Reactions: Flipz and Padfoote