The state of 1.6 Modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Now that RL is calming down for me and I will be getting much much more time to sit down and do what I love (game dev,) it is also time for me to announce the end of 1.6 FTB Official packs. In the next week, I will be releasing an update for all 1.6 FTB Official packs and then having a time of 1 week after for any additional bug fixes mod authors want to put up for us. After that, all 1.6 FTB Official Packs will be frozen.

As of now, I am already looking into 1.7 development as well as talking to a few people about additional tools for modpack creators. I am hoping what we are planning for you meets to your expectations and raises the bar for modpacks overall. iF you are anxious for what is to come, well, so are we.

Notice
1.7 packs are not planned to be released for a few months,
please do not spam the forums asking for ETAs or you will receive a timeout.
~Eya

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Basically the idea of this is Monster, Tech2, Lite2, Horizons, Magic 2 will be locked. Third party packs will be locked when the third party feels its stable. MF2 will probably be locked at the same time. Ag Skies will have a few more updates to deal with some crash and stability issues. A lot of mod authors are trying to update to 1.7 and expecting them to continue supporting 1.6 which for some means a different dev environment entirely, is just silly.

And before anyone asks: Do not expect to see official 1.7 packs before July at the absolute earliest.

Basically we need more mods to update and be stable. There may also be another pack coming out for 1.6 in the interim ... maybe.

Private packs with codes will be allowed for 1.7. But public 1.7 packs will not until the official packs are out. We are not going to limit the packs we plan to create because other pack makers put a 1.7 pack on the launcher. We have plans between Eyamaz and I for 6+ packs for 1.7. And while we have long lists and notes , one public pack that somewhat resembles it leads to people going "they stole my idea"

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
I dont care what happens as long as Dire agrees to put blood magic in his mod Pack :D Lol jk. I CAN'T WAIT FOR 1.7 APPLIED ENERGISTICS :D

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Private packs with codes will be allowed for 1.7. But public 1.7 packs will not until the official packs are out. We are not going to limit the packs we plan to create because other pack makers put a 1.7 pack on the launcher. We have plans between Eyamaz and I for 6+ packs for 1.7. And while we have long lists and notes , one public pack that somewhat resembles it leads to people going "they stole my idea"
:oops:

I guess my pack's delayed then...

Status
Not open for further replies.