The Langoliers ModPack [JamPacked2] [Release] [v1.0.1] [Curse]

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
"Start of our new world"...
...By the time I got there, the rewards were very weak; how quickly are you expecting people to reach that?
Very quick if they followed the storyline. And by the way. You might need those weak rewards very soon.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
getting this exception when trying to put anything in my automatic sieve:

Reported exception thrown!
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Updating screen events
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1654) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898) [bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: exnihilo.registries.SieveRegistry.registered(Lnet/minecraft/block/Block;I)Z
at ExAstris.Slot.SlotSieveAutomatic.func_75214_a(SlotSieveAutomatic.java:20) ~[SlotSieveAutomatic.class:?]
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75144_a(SourceFile:216) ~[zs.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78753_a(PlayerControllerMP.java:419) ~[bje.class:?]
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.handleSlotClick(GuiContainerManager.java:504) ~[GuiContainerManager.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146984_a(GuiContainer.java:638) ~[bex.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.public_func_146984_a(GuiContainer.java) ~[bex.class:?]
at codechicken.nei.guihook.DefaultSlotClickHandler.callHandleMouseClick(DefaultSlotClickHandler.java) ~[DefaultSlotClickHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.nei.guihook.DefaultSlotClickHandler.handleSlotClick(DefaultSlotClickHandler.java:17) ~[DefaultSlotClickHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.handleMouseClick(GuiContainerManager.java:453) ~[GuiContainerManager.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.managerHandleMouseClick(GuiContainer.java) ~[bex.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146286_b(GuiContainer.java:607) ~[bex.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:306) ~[bdw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java) ~[bex.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268) ~[bdw.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1640) ~[bao.class:?]
... 9 more
Any help would be appreciated. I probably won't be playing anymore if i cant work this out. I don't care to waste all of my material that i've collected so far to build autonomous activators and all of their assorted sieves, chests and hoppers. especially since i have seen the auto sieve work on funshinex's vids

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Aha! Ancient Warfare needs a physical right-click to bind the research book!

For everything else, blank maps, opening chests, etc., it's the "use" key. I'm on a laptop with a trackpad. My "use" key is a key, not a mouse button.

4 hours left, and play/judging continues.

EDIT: Considering how difficult it is to fish anymore, I'm suspecting that those 5 raw fish will be needed for hiring fishermen, or something like that. I'm probably going to throw away my vanilla fishing rod ... sticks, boots, string, rubber sapligns ... hmm, maybe it's not such a waste? :)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot manage to make the workers do anything.

I cannot get the town hall to do anything but display a death list.
I cannot get the farm block to even plant seeds (but I see why you gave 25 seeds and a hoe to get the farmland going).
I cannot get the fishing block to do anything.
I have a worker that stands still, and doesn't tend to either farm.
I have tried giving him a routing order between the two farms, and he just sits there.

Making the blocks, and advancing in the quests isn't hard.
Getting anything to actually happen, however ... is.

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Wikis are your friend :) Its pretty much expected that when you play modded minecraft and you don't know the mod, you should have its wiki open.

Give the workers the tools they need and they'll...work...wow!

Since..you...like..ellipses...i'll use a ...few

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The ancient warfare thread
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...1547-1-7-10-ancient-warfare-forge-smp-wip-d-l
links to a github. That links to a wiki (http://ancientwarfare.wikispaces.com/) that says:
This wiki's subscription has expired. The wiki will be reactivated once one of the wiki organizers renews the wiki's subscription. For more information, please visit this blog post.

I did download the instruction manual, and read it.
I did not see the "give them a hoe and they will fish" instruction.
I am amazed that a hammer will let you (the player) farm and fish
(and, actually, given the junk you get from vanilla fishing now, that might make fishing viable; it's certainly an AFK fisher.)

I did see your video, and saw you gave the farmer the diamond hoe, and he proceeded to ... hoe the ground at a horribly slow rate :).
And, I saw your next video that started with the chat line saying he fell out of the world (gee, lovely pathfinding).

But if I did not see that, I would not have had any idea what to do.
And by the time I did learn from you, it was time to submit my judging results.

Meanwhile, the manual says:
Crop Farm

The Crop Farm plants and harvests Wheat, Carrots, Potatoes, Melons and Pumpkins. The blocks to be tilled / planted / harvested may be adjusted in the ‘Bounds’ adjustment GUI. Harvested resources will be placed into the upper inventory area. Seeds to be planted should be inserted into the middle inventory area. The lower area is reserved for Bonemeal, which will be used to speed the growth of any crops after tilling/planting has been done. Can use bounds, enchanted tools, and quality tools upgrades.
Fish Farm

The Fish Farm provides an automated means for catching fish (all vanilla types) as well as ink. More water in and below the bounds of the fish farm will result in faster production. Can enable/disable the catching of fish and/or ink through the ‘Adv’ GUI. Can use bounds, enchanted tools, and quality tools upgrades.
Still looking for the "give them a hoe" instruction.

What wiki did you use?

AH!
Page 29/30.
That's where the equipment needed for the NPC's is listed.
NPC Workers will automatically seek the nearest active worksite that has work to begin working at. If no worksites have work to be done, they will begin to wander around. Automatic selection of worksite can be overridden by placing a properly configured ‘Work Order’ item in the workers ‘Orders’ slot.

Workers will automatically return to their home point at night or whenever it is raining. The home point is set when the NPC is initially spawned, but may also be changed through the interaction GUI or with the Command Baton. To disable the ‘go home at night’ AI, remove/clear/un-assign the NPCs home point.

So if they are idle, they wander, and that's kinda fatal on a skyblock.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having a problem with the automatic sieve? I've tried moving it and still get the same problem.

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody? I was really enjoying this pack and would hate to give it up.
I've managed to track this bug. It might be a conflict with ex-astris and ex-nihilo versions. If you downgrade to this version, it will work.
Ex-Astris-MC1.7.10-1.16-35.jar
Ex-Nihilo-1.38-36.jar

The new version of this modpack 0.22, will have those to modpacks downgraded and the final questbook with 150+ quests.

rafacost3d

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
another crash, unrelated to the last problem. I cant load my save---must be corrupted. i have to start over.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, every few hours, I made a backup of my current save, and cleaned them out at the start of each new episode.

Speaking of which, Episode 6.
Since my bees are not actually pollinating anything, lets see if I can get butterflies from botany soil. ... Ok, how about getting the smeltery going ... Perhaps some fishing for another food source to finish the spice of life demands ...

I have the beginnings of automation going on, I think I've found the best place for the smeltery, my farms are going into overkill, so how bad can a skeleton be in the rain, in a pool? Why are the endermen having a party inside my house? Who let this green guy come in, and why is he complementing me on my house?

EDIT: Ick, YouTube did a messy. It's like it wanted to do 2,1,4,3 de-interlacing. Sorry about the "jerky-ness" -- it's NOT in the source I uploaded.

Watch on YouTube

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
corrupted save again! its happening whenever i try to attach a hardened fluiduct to a crucible of lava. i'll have to think about whether i want to start this pack again. this was the 3rd time that i've restarted. a glutton for punishment am i, obviously.

indyman13

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to do multiplayer like on a lan world? My brother and I want to play through it together. Just wondering.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to "open to lan", but I have never actually tried it.

I know multiplayer mode (dedicated server) is disabled, but LAN mode should still be there.