The Langoliers ModPack [JamPacked2] [Release] [v1.0.1] [Curse]

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious about why you have all of the metallurgy ingots under "Tinkering Around" Their dust, sands, and gravels CANNOT be processed in the smeltery.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like there's an update on the curse launcher, so I'm thinking I'm going to start another run soon. (I am tempted to wait until the aluminum recipes are added though! ;) )

I don't usually use SFM so I haven't run into those issues, so sorry to see it cause so much grief to other players... I haven't had any crashes at all, though that may be because I haven't hit all the nooks and crannies.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I havent made any of the workers for ancient warfare yet. The machines can be powered with rf so i just made some survival generators and am working them that way. I might go ahead and make the courier since he will be the only one I need to collect all of the stuff from the machines and put them in the warehouse. Plus, if I do it this way, I only need to worry about keeping one worker fed.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 8.

This is an attempt to get into forestry. And, I reveal the limits of my understanding of the smeltery.

... why can't I hurt myself to make blood? How do you manage the lava tank as it gets taller? Why doesn't bronze work? Ok, I have bronze, what's with the induction smelter? Ok, I've got invar, realized that there's 4 different induction smelters, finally made the first, and ... how do you make RF?

Watch on YouTube

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
if you want (or need) blood, throw in some rotten flesh. Or eggs. Eggs are my personal preference because once I have a decent chicken farm running, I have more eggs than I have any conceivable use for. You can throw yourself into the smeltery but you lose everything you have in your inventory and if you have done "/hqm enable" you can end up using all of your available lives.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know about eggs. I've got just under 9 stacks of them, and killed off my chickens.

I thought you could get hurt, and turn hearts into blood. Apparently, there's at least one trick I don't know, because ... no damage from being in a smeltery loaded with lava? Every lets-play I've seen has the player being careful not to step into the smeltery by accident, and usually building it two-high for safety.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
went through 3 stacks of dirt. not a single carrot or potato.

I put some of the armor I received from the tinker's line out on armor stands. Now I keep scaring myself everytime I see them.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
No recipes for some of the ingots in the "Tinkering Around" quest line. 6 stacks of dirt sieved and no carrots to breed my pigs with. You might need to increase the sieving chance if for no other reason than carrots are not normally a rare item. Some of the rarer ores don't seem to be sieving either.

benkc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

I've tried this pack three times in the last few days, but I keep starving to death. Even with the two stacks of bonemeal, I run out. I have not once seen it rain, and I've never seen anything grow naturally, only with bonemeal. Since you can't bonemeal cactus, that means I can't get water from cactus, and since it doesn't rain, I can't get water from barrels either. The best run I had, I had an 8-sapling tree farm (which seemed pointless since they never grew without bonemeal), 2 apple trees (not that they ever ripened, or even advanced 1 stage), maybe 10 blocks of grass, 4 berry bushes from a quest bag (but those never grew either), then I ran out of bonemeal and starved to death, and the game didn't like my bed placement so I repeatedly spawned in the void.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason that nothing ever grows naturally? It could be just incredibly terrible luck, but it feels more like something has been tweaked to disable the necessary block ticks or something. Am I supposed to be feeding myself entirely with a mob farm? (I have had trouble getting enough wood to build one -- my next run, I tried for that, but just starved to death quicker instead.)

I've watched the first few FunshineX videos (how I discovered this pack, in fact) and he doesn't seem to have any problem getting food, not much of that happens on-camera so I'm not sure what he did besides bonemealing the soy. (It looks like that's also an older version of the pack, though.)