Open Server The Digital Factor|FTB: Unleashed + GregTech|Open|25 Slots|24/7|MCPC Plus|Grief Prevention|PVE

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I sincerely apologize for this. The server apparently went down because of mismatched item IDs between IC2 and Xycraft. I have resolved the issue and the server is back up.

Once again, I apologize. It does seem to be a very random error, but it is what it is.

Oh, and if you lost anything, let me know. After updating the IDs, some things may have disappeared.

Onlyme

Jul 29, 2019
I sincerely apologize for this. The server apparently went down because of mismatched item IDs between IC2 and Xycraft. I have resolved the issue and the server is back up.

Once again, I apologize. It does seem to be a very random error, but it is what it is.

Oh, and if you lost anything, let me know. After updating the IDs, some things may have disappeared.

Which ID's did you update?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Server went down at around 11:05 today and hasn't come back up yet. Not many people were on.
Update: Came back up shortly after 12:00 noon.

Update: Went back down again at around 1:30 pm. Still down as of 2:00.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
Server went down at around 11:05 today and hasn't come back up yet. Not many people were on.
Update: Came back up shortly after 12:00 noon.

Update: Went back down again at around 1:30 pm. Still down as of 2:00.
Java related crashes don't like to make the server restart. I'm trying to fix it, but I have no clue when a fix will be implemented.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be down again right now.

Don't know what kind of control you have of the server, but couldn't you set up a cron job that, every 5 minutes or so, if ps | grep java returns nothing (jvm isn't running), launch a new instance of the server?

Update: And back up by 3:00.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be down again right now.

Don't know what kind of control you have of the server, but couldn't you set up a cron job that, every 5 minutes or so, if ps | grep java returns nothing (jvm isn't running), launch a new instance of the server?

Update: And back up by 3:00.
I know exactly what is causing the majority of the crashes (which includes this one) and I also know exactly how to fix them, but I can't change the server.bat file on my own. I've contacted the host about it and the person who responded said he'd talk to another admin to see if they can do it for me.

kylewinrich

Jul 29, 2019
may i ask how you got multiverse
to work on ftb i can make it work on vanilla but on ftb it tells me unable to make world, and other errors.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly what is causing the majority of the crashes (which includes this one) and I also know exactly how to fix them, but I can't change the server.bat file on my own. I've contacted the host about it and the person who responded said he'd talk to another admin to see if they can do it for me.
The host has added the parameter to the server and it now has at least 90% less crashes than it did before. There still are a few crashes left to work out, but I'm just glad to have the majority of the crashes fixed.

may i ask how you got multiverse
to work on ftb i can make it work on vanilla but on ftb it tells me unable to make world, and other errors.
Multiverse works on my server because of MCPC Plus. All I had to do was install MCPC Plus, throw Multiverse in the plugins folder, and it worked. There are a few bugs with it regarding some mods in the FTB Ultimate pack, but nothing too severe.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Digi, my house was griefed somehow. It looks like small explosions. Possibly mining laser set to explosive mode. I lost a vanilla chest full of personal valuables (including my turtles), the little glass tanks full of liquid, all my wither skulls, and my tree farm machines/chest.
Let me know when you'll be on or when it's fixed, so I know when I can get back on, since I can't do much without my personal valuables and liquids.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking care of that, Digi.
In other news, server went down at about 7:00 pm and hasn't been back up since (currently 7:30)

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking care of that, Digi.
In other news, server went down at about 7:00 pm and hasn't been back up since (currently 7:30)
It was no problem to resolve. Anyway, of course the server would go down as I go to take a rest. This crash here is one that would usually be easy to fix, but because of the setup, it's taking longer than I would like. It should work within the next week or so.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, legotepig2000 placed a chunk loader and after a server crash, the chunk it was in was reset, causing him to lose a lot of stuff, apparently. When you get a chance, might want to talk to him about it.

Cammino

Jul 29, 2019
Finally its annoying really... So many server crashes and this guys (who are already rich and bored) always crash the server with any experiments stop it !!! youre destroying the gameplay of the new players !!! server down since hours -.-

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe the crashes are generally caused by rich and bored people experimenting. They are mostly caused by general instability of FTB Ultimate and some incompatibilities with the other mods installed. For instance, before we banned Xycraft tanks, those were the main cause of crashes. There was no experimentation or malicious intent whatsoever, just a broken mod.
Realize that FTB is still in "Beta". Everyone here is trying our best to minimize these crashes, because even the rich and bored people still want to play on the server and don't like the crashes.

Cammino

Jul 29, 2019
ok when will the server be online again?

well, they said that they crashed the server with portal guns^^

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
The server probably won't be back up until tomorrow, when Digital sees that it's down.
As for the portal guns, I believe they were joking or speculating. In theory, there's no reason portal guns should crash the server. After all, they only have 3 uses: making portals, removing those portals, and grabbing entities, and I'm pretty sure the third use is disabled on this server. Nothing there seems like it would crash a server, no matter how many times you mash buttons.

Adamiz

Jul 29, 2019
Welp... Just got griefed by turtles by the looks of it. Is it possible for you to look up and ban the person that did it? If you need the coordinates for the griefed area just msg me

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, legotepig2000 placed a chunk loader and after a server crash, the chunk it was in was reset, causing him to lose a lot of stuff, apparently. When you get a chance, might want to talk to him about it.
I'll try to talk to him about that. Generally, placing a chunk loader doesn't causes the server to crash, but anything can happen since, as you said in a later post, FTB is in Beta.

ok when will the server be online again?

well, they said that they crashed the server with portal guns^^
The server probably won't be back up until tomorrow, when Digital sees that it's down.
As for the portal guns, I believe they were joking or speculating. In theory, there's no reason portal guns should crash the server. After all, they only have 3 uses: making portals, removing those portals, and grabbing entities, and I'm pretty sure the third use is disabled on this server. Nothing there seems like it would crash a server, no matter how many times you mash buttons.
The server automatically restarts every 6 hours, so in the event of a crash, you just have to wait til 00:00, 06:00, 12:00, and 18:00 (All in Eastern Standard Time). As for the portal gun crashes speculation, the Portal gun mod has yet to cause one crash on the server.

Welp... Just got griefed by turtles by the looks of it. Is it possible for you to look up and ban the person that did it? If you need the coordinates for the griefed area just msg me
I could have sworn I banned all turtles... I'll have to double check the list, but don't worry about your stuff. I understand and have experienced how being griefed feels so you will get your items back. As for looking up the person who did it, I'm afraid I can't do that without knowing where that turtle is. In case you're wondering why turtles are such an issue, it's because of the fake player it creates. It creates events when it places blocks, but doesn't create events when it destroys blocks which is why they tend to bypass every single protection plugin out there.