Open Server The Digital Factor|FTB: Unleashed + GregTech|Open|25 Slots|24/7|MCPC Plus|Grief Prevention|PVE

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
CreeperBrute got stuck in an alternate universe version of The End. He needs a little help when you get a chance. Not sure how it happened. He said he tried to do /home, and did NOT use a linking book.
That'll be no problem. That's easy to fix.

CreeperBrute

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno, it went down kinda strange last night saying "SERVER SHUTDOWN" as the end connection message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I donated to the server today! Hope it helps to keep the fun going Digital.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
Server down for maintenance again?
Dunno, it went down kinda strange last night saying "SERVER SHUTDOWN" as the end connection message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I donated to the server today! Hope it helps to keep the fun going Digital.
I wouldn't shutdown the server for maintenance without telling everybody about it... Something strange happened. That's all I know. It seems that logging out of McMyAdmin did that.

Also, thanks for the donation CreeperBrute! :D I really appreciate it!

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Cowserver went down again today sometime shortly after 17:15 EST shortly following a few heavy lag spikes. It's still down right now (18:30).

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed. The main issue that's causing these crashes is Xycraft, but I know people really like it and don't want it removed.

Aerosilver

Jul 29, 2019
Possible solve for this... apparently it's related to having a nether portal within spitting distance (a.k.a. same chunk) of xycraft tanks... Soooo... no personal nether or TF portals? Just one of each at spawn, where there are no xycraft tanks? Essentially, it sounds like the normal cleanup process of chunks unloading doesn't go through because of the tank, when jumping dimensions... Just a thought.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
How about people have a choice - xycraft tanks or portals.
Although frankly, I think banning xycraft tanks is probably the best solution, since the crash exists with them.

Also, Server's down again.

Doormat

Jul 29, 2019
Banning XYCraft tanks would be doable, but difficult logistically.

I currently have three such tanks (two of them with contents at the moment), and while I'm happy to replace them with railcraft tanks, one of them is my lava which I'd need to supply the energy to build the replacement tanks.

It's a bit chicken/egg ... I need the contents of the tank to let me replace the tank.

I might have enough iron on hand to do the job, but probably not.

The other side of the equation isn't viable. I moved over 4k from spawn to get away from the bunched up nether portals and I really don't want to have to share portals and spend hours wandering the nether looking for lava source to pump, which is what would happen if we had a shared portal at spawn.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is that it's going to be a transition, so while we still have xycraft, take the time to transport your liquids out of them and into other storage mediums. I believe Digital has also taken it upon himself to assist people as much as possible (and reasonable) in this transition.
Whatever the case, it's a good thing we're getting it done earlier so there's not so many people who will be affected by this.

Aerosilver

Jul 29, 2019
Banning XYCraft tanks would be doable, but difficult logistically.

I currently have three such tanks (two of them with contents at the moment), and while I'm happy to replace them with railcraft tanks, one of them is my lava which I'd need to supply the energy to build the replacement tanks.

It's a bit chicken/egg ... I need the contents of the tank to let me replace the tank.

I might have enough iron on hand to do the job, but probably not.

The other side of the equation isn't viable. I moved over 4k from spawn to get away from the bunched up nether portals and I really don't want to have to share portals and spend hours wandering the nether looking for lava source to pump, which is what would happen if we had a shared portal at spawn.

I've got some iron tanks left over from converting my storage to railcraft -- if I'm on when you are, you can have them.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
It eventually came back on some time before 8:30 (don't know when). However, it has gone down again at 9:00.
Also, a couple of people have told me that they have lost over a thousand of a single type of item. The incidents seem unrelated otherwise. I suggest getting your LogBlock ready for when you come back on, because people seem to be blaming other people...

CreeperBrute

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, what have I been missing. I have been so busy with school lately I haven't had time for FTB =(

Btw, just wondering how many of you guys play/use Steam, would be cool if we got a Digital Factor group started on there. Plus Steamchat, if you don't like Mumble =P

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to say to everyone right now that the server is going through some updates at the moment and will take a bit longer to get back online.

Oh wow, what have I been missing. I have been so busy with school lately I haven't had time for FTB =(

Btw, just wondering how many of you guys play/use Steam, would be cool if we got a Digital Factor group started on there. Plus Steamchat, if you don't like Mumble =P
You haven't missed much. Just me being an idiot and not fixing the server crashes. As for your steam group idea, it's not a bad one. I always on Steam so I should take it into consideration.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
The major crashes have now been resolved! We still do have crashes, but now have an automatic reboot system on crashes. So those shouldn't be as big of a threat anymore. :D

We have also upgraded the server so we can now hold an extra five players. Not much, but it'll make a difference. Have fun everybody! :D

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Shortly after the daily scheduled reboot (midnight EST), server went down again. Reboot succeeded with a brief (~5 min) rollback. About 1 minute later, server went down again and has not been up since.