Texture packs in the launcher

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
We want as many texture packs as possible in the launcher! if you make (and only if you make it) a texture pack that has full (or almost full) FTB support, feel free to send me a PM, i will use the pack for a bit and unless i find any major errors, i will add it onto the launcher :)

I look forward to populating the list of texture packs with a huge variety of packs for everyones needs and preferences :)

Lothendas27

Jul 29, 2019
Although this isn't related, could I get an answer as to how we know when a texture has been updated on the launcher? Does it work much like the modpack updates?

twilightking

Jul 29, 2019
one question i have is about texture packs that are already made by other ppl but other users have the right to modify them to work with FTB. could they be added to the launcher?

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
one question i have is about texture packs that are already made by other ppl but other users have the right to modify them to work with FTB. could they be added to the launcher?

they can be added in game by going into the texture packs menu and opening the folder, then dragging the zip into there

twilightking

Jul 29, 2019
they can be added in game by going into the texture packs menu and opening the folder, then dragging the zip into there
that much I know. I'm currently running a modified version of oCd (FVdisco texture pack). my question is if the people who are modifying it be allowed to post it onto the texture pack section of the launcher

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
oh, right, sorry. it all depends on the licence, you cant distribute other peoples work if they say specifically they dont want you to

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
We want as many texture packs as possible in the launcher! if you make (and only if you make it) a texture pack that has full (or almost full) FTB support, feel free to send me a PM, i will use the pack for a bit and unless i find any major errors, i will add it onto the launcher :)

I look forward to populating the list of texture packs with a huge variety of packs for everyones needs and preferences :)
Thank you for specifying this

Reactions: NeedMoreTea

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I did try to contact JJW123 about this a some days ago, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

sorry man, i spoke to someone alse on isabella aswell, and we're talking about it.

i get a lot of PMs a day, so its pretty difficult to read them all, but i try to, eventually XD

Reactions: RedBoss

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
sorry man, i spoke to someone alse on isabella aswell, and we're talking about it.

i get a lot of PMs a day, so its pretty difficult to read them all, but i try to, eventually XD
I can understand that you get quite a lot of PMs, but who actually contacted you. Gnomeo?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
MrAndrew420
I thought that I was supposed to do that.
Frederikam said:
Before I do anything, I want your permission to contact the launcher
developers regarding distributing our pack in the launcher. I hope to
be able to sort out everything like, describtion, image and contact.
Frederikam
MrAndrew said:
It's fine with me and bonemouse.
I'm not sure how complete they want the pack to be before adding it to the launcher.
Just let me know what they say.
Andrew
(Quotes from our shared Dropbox folder.)

But to be honest I don't mind that much if he want to do it, as long as the pack goes into the launcher.

Georgie

Jul 29, 2019
some texture packs which work on all versions (and have downloads for all versions in forum) report a "Incompatible with this version of the [modpack variation]" when trying to install from the launcher.

Not sure if it's just mine having this bug or if it's a common bug.

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
some texture packs which work on all versions (and have downloads for all versions in forum) report a "Incompatible with this version of the [modpack variation]" when trying to install from the launcher.

Not sure if it's just mine having this bug or if it's a common bug.
Update your modpack and try again, it fixed the error for me even after backdating afterwards.

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that the texture is missing for the wireless remote in the Soartex Texterpack, any ideas what I could do to fix this or do I wait until it gets fixed?

Nuttyprot

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that the texture is missing for the wireless remote in the Soartex Texterpack, any ideas what I could do to fix this or do I wait until it gets fixed?

That is not missing it is a bug in the mod itself so cannot be supported via texture packs

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
Not so, I have used a different texture pack and it shows up in the John Smith TP but thanks for the response