Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
7W3iV

A sneak peak of the books GUI, thoughts?

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
87wvG.jpg

After getting feedback about the boom, I have decided to scrap it and try out new ideas. This one I especially like, because this is done though the use of the goggles. All you have to do is unlock the research, then hit the keybind and it will show you what block is Infusable, then the above aspects are those that can be infused.

Pretty simple, however I feel like it is very effective. Any thoughts on this?

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
87wvG.jpg

After getting feedback about the boom, I have decided to scrap it and try out new ideas. This one I especially like, because this is done though the use of the goggles. All you have to do is unlock the research, then hit the keybind and it will show you what block is Infusable, then the above aspects are those that can be infused.

Looking good, I think this is just about perfect.

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
87wvG.jpg

Yep, also think it's pretty neat. Clean and informative. Keep up the good work! :)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
87wvG.jpg

Good lord I have found an amazing new mod :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking... the infusion process looks really cool, but some people may want to mass-produce stones with a certain aspect and might want to do it faster...

thinking about that, would it be possible to create a focus which you can use to infuse blocks with? it could be like the warding focus, where you can right click a block with the wand/focus, and it'll infuse that block.
but to be able to do this, you'd ofcourse first need to craft the focus.

you'll also need to infuse an empty phial through the infusion process to give it the aspects you want to use with the focus.
it's possible to add more aspects in an infusion phial, but the process to do so will become very unstable with each aspect type you add. if you were to just add 1 aspect to the infusion phial, you'll have no instabillity.

each phial could hold a good amount of aspects, so you don't need to carry a dozen of these phials just to infuse some blocks. I think about 8 aspect points would be a good number, with perhaps a jar as a second tier, which could hold 64 aspect points. this does mean if you only have 1 aspect in the phial, you could infuse 8 blocks, but if you've 2 aspects in the phial, you can only infuse 4 blocks.

for the process of selecting which phial the focus should use, you could perhaps add the option to do it the same way as you now choose focuses in Thaumcraft, by pressing F on your keyboard and moving your mouse to the desired position of the focus you want. or perhaps a pouch where you can store the phials in, and the order of the phials will decide which phial is used first

now to be honest, I haven't played with this mod yet, so this whole idea might be completely pointless

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking... the infusion process looks really cool, but some people may want to mass-produce stones with a certain aspect and might want to do it faster...

thinking about that, would it be possible to create a focus which you can use to infuse blocks with? it could be like the warding focus, where you can right click a block with the wand/focus, and it'll infuse that block.
but to be able to do this, you'd ofcourse first need to craft the focus.

you'll also need to infuse an empty phial through the infusion process to give it the aspects you want to use with the focus.
it's possible to add more aspects in an infusion phial, but the process to do so will become very unstable with each aspect type you add. if you were to just add 1 aspect to the infusion phial, you'll have no instabillity.

each phial could hold a good amount of aspects, so you don't need to carry a dozen of these phials just to infuse some blocks. I think about 8 aspect points would be a good number, with perhaps a jar as a second tier, which could hold 64 aspect points. this does mean if you only have 1 aspect in the phial, you could infuse 8 blocks, but if you've 2 aspects in the phial, you can only infuse 4 blocks.

for the process of selecting which phial the focus should use, you could perhaps add the option to do it the same way as you now choose focuses in Thaumcraft, by pressing F on your keyboard and moving your mouse to the desired position of the focus you want. or perhaps a pouch where you can store the phials in, and the order of the phials will decide which phial is used first

now to be honest, I haven't played with this mod yet, so this whole idea might be completely pointless
There hasn't been a release yet, so don't worry, only TheDrunkMafia has used it so far.

...That being said, is there a reason why infusing a full stack of something at a time isn't fast enough?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
There hasn't been a release yet, so don't worry, only TheDrunkMafia has used it so far.

...That being said, is there a reason why infusing a full stack of something at a time isn't fast enough?

I was thinking, if I were to use the mod, I'd often have it happen that I'd want to infuse certain blocks, but would have to constantly go back to my infusion altar, infuse those blocks, and head back to the place where I want to place those blocks. now if I were to have a focus with infusion phials, I could just carry those with me, and infuse the blocks on the spot right away when I would want to infuse them.
it's also that you are not infusing the same block each time, as there's a good chance you'll want to infuse different kinds of blocks instead of just 1 type of block, but having to carry a bag full of different kinds of infused blocks seems a bit tedious to me

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking, if I were to use the mod, I'd often have it happen that I'd want to infuse certain blocks, but would have to constantly go back to my infusion altar, infuse those blocks, and head back to the place where I want to place those blocks. now if I were to have a focus with infusion phials, I could just carry those with me, and infuse the blocks on the spot right away when I would want to infuse them.
it's also that you are not infusing the same block each time, as there's a good chance you'll want to infuse different kinds of blocks instead of just 1 type of block, but having to carry a bag full of different kinds of infused blocks seems a bit tedious to me

Adding a focus to allow infusion sound really cool, however extremely OP. Also it would take quite a bit of time to get it to work and it would not look as good as TC's due to the fact that I cannot texture =D, however this might be a future I will consider working on later on into the development of the mod.

Reactions: Yusunoha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Adding a focus to allow infusion sound really cool, however extremely OP. Also it would take quite a bit of time to get it to work and it would not look as good as TC's due to the fact that I cannot texture =D, however this might be a future I will consider working on later on into the development of the mod.

ofcourse it shouldn't come cheap, it's a way to infuse blocks easier, but not an early game option to skip a whole process
and I just used Thaumcraft as an example, it doesn't exactly need to be like thaumcraft. you could perhaps add an internal inventory to the focus (if it's possible) where you could insert the infusion phials into, instead of the dial window.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've been taking a break from modding and finishing some IRL stuff off. Now that it is all out of the way, I can start to get this finished and have a stable build released. Somethings that you might want to bear note to, is that the whole block system has been re-done. Their are no longer any categories and the system is now self-aware of all the blocks that are registered. Allowing me to more or less make every single block infuseable.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Download Link
  • Updated to latest version of forge and Thaumcraft
  • All blocks are now infusable
  • Processing has been moved to the server side to help the client
This is the final update before version 1, this wont be released for some time as I am going to re-working allot of stuff to make things more stable.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
This mod looks great, lots of weird and useful features that can be added to mundane objects.

I'm really looking forward to "bend blocks my whim". ;)

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking for a long time to make my mod a stand-alone, mainly because I feel restricted by TC and don't really like having to abide by the laws set by TC. So if it goes over to a standalone, aspects will be removed and it will work via allowing you to take modifiers and infuse them into the block, as appose to Thaumcrafts aspects. So I've decided to throw this straw poll up, so you guys can decide the fate of the mod. Straw Poll Link.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
You should do what feels best for you, otherwise we're stranded with a mod that won't be maintained :)

Yeah, I've decided to move over to standalone. Even though the strawpoll has pointed otherwise, I think it would be for the best. Because at the moment I just can't find the mentality to continue working on another addon for TC

Reactions: pderuiter