Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Amber seems a bit too common, and also it wouldn't make as much sense, at least to me. (Quicksilver does seem to be used as some kind of coating or binding/mixing agent according to some of the recipes. Salis is a magical binding agent, according to its in-game description.)
Maybe if it was applied to the triangle podiums as some kind of focusing lens?
Yes, but i mean used WITH. As it seems useless, adding it would not do TOO much to balance it, it would make people actually use it

Reactions: abculatter_2

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting ideas, however I am currently using the Magic aspect as a sort of agent to fuel the infusion process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Pracantatio seems really rather pathetically easy to get in comparison to the power these blocks allow... Also, salis mundus really just makes sense for this kinda thing, according to the in-game lore.

Also, I was thinking that a single infusion should usually not consume a full salis mundus, where right-clicking the mundus into one of the blocks fills an internal 'tank' which is drained from during infusion. The salis cost of any single infusion would ideally be calculated based on a combination of the disparity of the aspects, (For example, combining ignis and gelum into a block would logically require a lot of magical coaxing, while combining saxum and terra would be easy) the amount of aspects going into the block, and the effects themselves. (A furnace that burns forever, for instance, should require a decent amount of salis for balance reasons)

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a teaser of the notebook:
Gkcxk7k.png

The blocks along the top are all the different categories and all the blocks along the bottom are all the blocks which can be infused/ belong to the selected category. The other page will hold all the aspects and their affects for the selected category. Remember this is a WIP and things will be changed.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So over the past couple days I've been working on my mod, fixing as many bugs as possible and adding in more affects. I have re-worked the syncing between the server and client, so that it will be as streamline experience while playing with it in singleplayer and multiplayer.

Here are a couple new affects I have implemented:

• Aqua - Block becomes a water source
  • Alienis - Allows you to tether two blocks together within 100 blocks radius and teleport between them.
  • Cognito - Allows you to set text which is displayed on highlight of the block
  • Permutatio - A player can link themselves to this block and then any other player can access that players inventory by right clicking on the block
  • Exanimis - Upon dieing ontop of this block, you will be teleported back to the block when you respawn.
  • Sano - All Entities will be heal when standing ontop of the block
  • Volatus - Stops entities from taking falling damage
I may have changed some of the affects that were originally planned, either because I think the ones above are better or I had a hard time implementing it. A new video will be released soon showing off all the new affects in action.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, seeing Alienis being used for teleporting seems... odd to me. Why not Iter(travel)? Alienis to me would be more like a beacon for endermen, causing them to more often spawn near/on it, and could be used in some way to either making traveling to the end easier or location the portal easier.
Or I guess allow for dimensional travel if you infuse it in the dimension it's from then bring it to another dimension...

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
The idea behind it links into the ender pearl and the way endermen teleport. It makes more sense to give this affect to an aspect that links into such things, rather than iter. That is my own personal view on it, if others believe that alienis should have a different affect then I will change it.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, actually. Yeah, it is effect isn't it. Damn, that's allot of refactoring I am going to have to do to the code. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
A couple quick announcements: The mod is now licenced under the GNU 3 licence, which means it is now Open-source and you can view the report for my mod here: GitHub Repo

Also I am now on Twitter, so if you would like to get updates on the progress of my mod. Then come follow me at: TheDrunkMafia

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
NEW: Aspects Effects Update:

This video shows off some of the new effects that I have added in and I talk about the new features that I have implemented or I am in the works of implementing.

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I have been doing a lot of research about the different TC add-ons and this one is now on my list. Looks very good indeed.