Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm just great at stealing ideas from XyCraft coming up with ideas.
:), I'll never tell. However I made a similar post asking for help for coming up with ideas and someone came up with an idea for each and every aspect. I'm going though all the ideas I have been given and am compiling a list of it all.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've went though the list and picked what can work. I have an idea for something similar to boosting, however I can't implement it yet as I need to get all the basics out of the way. Heres the list:

· Gelum (Ice) = Aqua + Ordo | Inflicts slowness
· Lux (Light) = Aer + Ignis | Causes the block to become a light source
· Motus (Movement) = Aer + Ordo |Entities get a speed buff
· Potentia (Power) = Ordo + Ignis |Redstone Signal
· Saxum (Stone) = Terra + Terra |Causes the block to be more resistant to explosions
· Tempestas (Storm) = Aer + Aqua | On thunderstorms the block is often hit by lightning
· Vacuos (Void) = Aer + Perditio | Causes fluids traveling over it to dissapate twice as fast
· Victus (Life) = Aqua + Terra | Gives entities one heart of health boost as long as they are on it.
· Bestia (Animal, Beast) = Motus + Victus | Cause passive mobs to attack you.
· Fames (Hunger) = Victus + Vacuos| Inflicts hunger on entities standing on it
· Granum (Seed) = Victus + Terra | Causes saplings and seeds dropped on it to plant themself
· Iter (Journey) = Motus + Terra | Causes you to teleport one block in the direction you are facing
· Limus (Slime) = Victus + Aqua| Bouncy
· Metallum (Metal) = Saxum + Ordo |Falls like an anvil
· Mortuus (Death) = Victus + Perditio |Withers entities standing on it
· Permutatio (Exchange) = Motus + Aqua |Ocasionally swaps nearby blocks
· Praecantio (Magic) = Vacuos + Potentia |Causes sparkles to rise out of the ground
· Sano (Healing) = Victus + Victus |Heals entities on it
· Tempus (Time) = Vacous + Ordo |teleports entities backwards up to 5 blocks
· Tenebrae (Darkness) = Vacuos + Lux |
· Vinculum (Trap) = Motus + Perditio| slowness VII
· Vitreus (Crystal) = Saxum + Aqua |
· Volatus (Flight) = Aer + Motus |Gives entities jump boost IV
· Alienis (Strange, Alien) = Vacuos + Tenebrae| Randomly teleports you
· Auram (Aura) = Praecantio + Aer Emmits |
· Corpus (Flesh) = Mortuus + Bestia | Gives entities a hearth of absorbtion
· Exanimis (Resurrection) = Motus + Mortuus |Resurrects entities
· Herba (Plant) = Granum + Terra |Causes grass and flowers to spawn on it
· Spiritus (Spirit, Soul) = Victus + Mortuus|
· Venenum (Poison) = Aqua + Mortuus | Poisons entities standing on it obviously
· Vitium (Taint) = Praecantio + Perditio | Like fibrous taint it ocasionally taints entities, but doesn't spread, can spawn taintacles if boosted
· Arbor (Wood) = Terra + Herba |
· Cognito (Thought, Mind) = Terra + Spiritus |
· Sensus (Sense) = Aer + Spiritus | Gives entities night vision
· Humanus (Human) = Bestia + Cognito | Attracts villagers
· Instrumentum (Tool) = Humanus + Metallum | Gives you Haste 3 if you have an empty hand
· Lucrum (Greed) = Humanus + Fames | Attracts dropped items
· Messis (Crop) = Granum + Humanus | Makes crops and saplings planted on it to grow faster
· Perfodio (Dig, Mine) = Humanus + Saxum | Gives enitites haste
· Fabrico (Create, Build) = Humanus + Instrumentum | Causes block items to place themselves on it
· Machina (Machine) = Motus + Instrumentum |
· Meto (Harvest, Reap) = Messis + Humanus |
· Pannus (Fabric) = Instrumentum + Bestia |
· Telum (Weapon) = Instrumentum + Perditio| Gives all entities strength
· Tutamen (Armor) = Instrumentum + Terra |
Things that are empty are still undecided, however I would like to thank codebracker0 for the list.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I will be starting a close alpha soon, to test all the affects that are added into vanilla and to see what needs improving, removing or adding. This will take place when all the affects for the aspects have been added in, if you are interested please send me a PM so I can take note of who to send it to. Thanks.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got around to texturing the infusion core:
2014-02-19_17.04.35.png

I did not make the textures themselves, they are from Thaumcraft. However the models and the UV mapping is mine, this texture will have to do until I find someone who is able to make some textures for the mod.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I've got another update for you, I had a brain wave and I think its coming together :)
2014-02-19_20.31.10.png

Can you spot the difference between this infusion alter and the one you need to craft in vanilla Thaumcraft. If you can't see, instead of the runic matrix there is the infusion core. The multi-block is working and all the model rendering is more or less finished. What do you think, should I use this so it follows the infusion from Thaumcraft?

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I've got another update for you, I had a brain wave and I think its coming together :)
2014-02-19_20.31.10.png

Can you spot the difference between this infusion alter and the one you need to craft in vanilla Thaumcraft. If you can't see, instead of the runic matrix there is the infusion core. The multi-block is working and all the model rendering is more or less finished. What do you think, should I use this so it follows the infusion from Thaumcraft?
I really like the idea and kinda fits in w/ being an add-on to Thaumcraft, but having its own flair. Really like the idea. ;)

Reactions: Padfoote

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Good news, during this past week I have been hard at work, doing the infusion process and I am happy to announce that this week end it should be ready for an video update. Then once that is finished, the mod will be pretty much finished. I'll just have to finish implementing the aspect affects for vanilla.

The private alpha testing is still open for those interested, if you'd like to test it out. Then please send me a PM and I will get back to you when the mod is ready.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
New Video - Infusion Process:

I've given the OP a facelift and got the Infusion Process ready for public viewing, if you have any thoughts or ideas for anything that needs to be removed or added into the process. Then feel free to say.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
New Video - Infusion Process:

I've given the OP a facelift and got the Infusion Process ready for public viewing, if you have any thoughts or ideas for anything that needs to be removed or added into the process. Then feel free to say.

ooooh, pretties... I like :D

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I'm the only one who thought ignis + furnace = faster smelting. Or vacuos + chest = double chest.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I'm the only one who thought ignis + furnace = faster smelting. Or vacuos + chest = double chest.

I wish that could be a thing, but sadly furnaces are no go. As when you start smelting, they replace themselves with a new block. So it would replace the infused block.

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
As for your list I think I have some ideas:
Tenebrae= blindness
Spiritus= invisibility
Ignis= lights you on fire
Ordo= warding
Aqua= fishable?
Perditio= harming