Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Winter is coming, time to Batten down the hatches in your infused house.
d7b646756e.jpg

(For those wondering, everything there except the water is infused)

Reactions: Kill-Joy

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Believe it or not, but I'm back and finishing what I started. I've given the OP a Visual update and would like to thank my texture artist huggablecreep for hooking me up with this stuff.

Progress on the Re-write Is going pretty well, I MIGHT have a new update video uploaded soon.

Reactions: InfinityRaider

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Update:

Ok, so I've decided I am going to do these daily updates to keep you all informed on the progress of the mod. I said yesterday that I might have something to show, however due to spending my whole day working on the reflection system of the mod, I had little time to work on the preview of some of the aspects. So hopefully I will be able to put something together by tomorrow. To make up for that, I am going to explain how the new infusion system is going to be better.

So first of, the triangles/focuses have been removed because they were fiddly and unnecessary. The way you infuse a aspect now will be though jars, you craft a pillar place it down and throw a jar on top of it. Now what else has been changed it that there will be no cost of the magic aspect, I have infact implemented a rather simple balance system. Which is that each effect will cost a certain amount of the aspect it is tied to, what this means is that lux will cost 1 vis per 1 block infused. So that will cost 64 lux to infuse a stack, however Aqua will cost 4 vis which will result in 156 vis of aqua needed to infuse a stack. You can see how this can become really costly.

The reason why I have decided to do this is because using magic as an agent for the infusion makes sense but was not balanced as the same amount of magic was used if you were infusing lux (Light source) or vacuous (Inventory).

Also for those who where wondering, the new system comes with tileentity support so all aspects that can be made compatible with other mods, will be. Which means you can hook up vacuous infused blocks to a item duct from TE and it will work.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Update:

Ok, so I've decided I am going to do these daily updates to keep you all informed on the progress of the mod. I said yesterday that I might have something to show, however due to spending my whole day working on the reflection system of the mod, I had little time to work on the preview of some of the aspects. So hopefully I will be able to put something together by tomorrow. To make up for that, I am going to explain how the new infusion system is going to be better.

So first of, the triangles/focuses have been removed because they were fiddly and unnecessary. The way you infuse a aspect now will be though jars, you craft a pillar place it down and throw a jar on top of it. Now what else has been changed it that there will be no cost of the magic aspect, I have infact implemented a rather simple balance system. Which is that each effect will cost a certain amount of the aspect it is tied to, what this means is that lux will cost 1 vis per 1 block infused. So that will cost 64 lux to infuse a stack, however Aqua will cost 4 vis which will result in 156 vis of aqua needed to infuse a stack. You can see how this can become really costly.

The reason why I have decided to do this is because using magic as an agent for the infusion makes sense but was not balanced as the same amount of magic was used if you were infusing lux (Light source) or vacuous (Inventory).

Also for those who where wondering, the new system comes with tileentity support so all aspects that can be made compatible with other mods, will be. Which means you can hook up vacuous infused blocks to a item duct from TE and it will work.

I am very glad that the mod is making progress, good luck for the future!

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

Ok, so with this release I have decided to keep things closed up and secrete. But I will say that the mod will have special effects for other mods (Computer craft) and there might be a teaser mod review coming out, however for now lets dive into the update which is about the new infusion process.

So after being away for a while I have reflected allot on the old releases and I hate the way the infusion process worked in them, they were clunky and unneeded. So I am cutting it away and trying something abit more risky, I have merged my core with the infusion alter from vanilla TC. When you want to do block infusion, you can switch out the pedestal from under the matrix with the infusion core. Now normal infusions will work even with the core, the core will decrease instability but will add a major magic cost to ALL infusions for the stability it adds.

But to start a BLOCK infusion, the player will have to right click on the core itself and not the matrix. The way I intend to have this all work, is you have the catalyst block in the core and aspect shards on all the pedestals, the core can take stacks so all is fine with bulk infusions, the shards on the pedestals surrounding the alter will serve as an indicator. The core will see which shards are on the pedestals and will drain the jars that have that aspect within it. Essentia charges will still apply to the infusion, which means that aqua will cost 1 essentia per block whereas vacusos will cost 6 essentia per block.

All in all, you should expect a better mod than last time. I am sorry to everyone who has followed the progress of my mod and has been let down by me leaving without any notice. But I intend to do a better job this time and make something which is worthy of the following that has been built up.

(P.S. Sorry for any typos, I wrote this on my tablet)

[DOUBLEPOST=1414770771][/DOUBLEPOST]
Updates.png

This is a small teaser of what I ment from the last update, the infusion core will work like a pedestal but will offer more stability and will infuse blocks with the aspects on the rest of pedestals when right clicked with a wan[DOUBLEPOST=1414888932,1414712463][/DOUBLEPOST]Thaumic Infusion V3 is now online on GitHub, if you have ever wondered how it all works or if you just want to help out. Head out onto the repo and fork it, I could use a hand with the localizations as soon as I start adding the researches in ;D

Thaumic Infusion IS open-source, I don't mind anyone taking the code and using it. My hope is, is that if I ever do disappear again. The code will be ready enough for anybody to come along and build a version, but hopefully that wont have to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yusunoha and Yulife

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
So how much warp would I see to incur to use this mod? Between TT, FM and other addons I've been thinking about using I am going to be one warped up SOB. My mind is just one big mind spider nest I know this becasue my crucible told me, then again my alembic keeps telling me that crucible doesn't know crap and not to worry...

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So how much warp would I see to incur to use this mod? Between TT, FM and other addons I've been thinking about using I am going to be one warped up SOB. My mind is just one big mind spider nest I know this becasue my crucible told me, then again my alembic keeps telling me that crucible doesn't know crap and not to worry...

Errrrrrr.... Yes? Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about ;D

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Uh... Warp, the 1.7 TC thigg where you go insane by doing research?

I don't even follow 1.7 mods and I know about it.

Ahhhh, Yeah I'm one of those developers that usually just mod for the fun and don't play minecraft too often.

But either way, there would not be much warp for this mod. All you need to research in the inital block infusion and then so long as you have the aspects discovered, you will be able to infuse them.

Reactions: Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhhh, Yeah I'm one of those developers that usually just mod for the fun and don't play minecraft too often.

But either way, there would not be much warp for this mod. All you need to research in the inital block infusion and then so long as you have the aspects discovered, you will be able to infuse them.
Will we be able to enable/disable specific aspects with a config? ;)