Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was like that - however, still, I think it would be more fitting to have a levitating effect more than a creative flight effect ^^"

But creative flight is more fun ;D The main reason I did not implement levitating because I don't really want to replace anything already in thaumcraft.

I wouldn't fix that rendering bug on the matrix too fast lol, unless it causes performance problems, It looks kinda cool.

Its already been fixed.

Reactions: Yulife

Kumquat Alchemist

Jul 29, 2019
But creative flight is more fun ;D The main reason I did not implement levitating because I don't really want to replace anything already in thaumcraft.

May I make a suggestion?

What if, instead of flight, Volatus-infused blocks gave entities one- or two-block high levitation, but also removed all friction for items dropped onto their areas of affect? It would offer something unique in comparison to the Arcane Levitator, allowing for the creation of magical conveyor belts for those avoiding more traditional tech mods.

Whether or not this is feasible to implement, I do not know, but it seemed interesting.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
May I make a suggestion?

What if, instead of flight, Volatus-infused blocks gave entities one- or two-block high levitation, but also removed all friction for items dropped onto their areas of affect? It would offer something unique in comparison to the Arcane Levitator, allowing for the creation of magical conveyor belts for those avoiding more traditional tech mods.

Whether or not this is feasible to implement, I do not know, but it seemed interesting.

There you go, that has been added to Motus. It will move entites along the set direction via click the side with a wand, to create a make shift magical Conveyor Belt ;D

Reactions: NJM1564 and Yulife

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

Well everyone, it's finally here. Thaumic Infusion is out and ready for you all to test, like always be aware for any bugs because the mod is still in beta and will have a few issues here and there. If you do come across any bugs, please report it here. Please note that you need Thaumcraft 4.2.2.0 for this to run.

Download the latest version from Curse

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
After looking though OpenEye to see if there have been any crashes with the new version, I discovered people have been using the old version. Please DO NOT use the old version, it a buggy mess and will crash your game. There is a reason why I chose to re-write the mod instead of just updating the old code.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Hope everyone is enjoying the mod, I've had zero error reports (except for people using the old version) and so I've decided that the internal system that the mod works around is completely stable, so this means that over the next week I am going too start ironing out the mod and making it more complete. What the next version will include:
  • Polish up Effects Page
  • Fix Stack Names
  • World Commands
    • Banning of Blocks (Because the white listing of infusable blocks is handled server side, this can be updated without the need of syninc with clients)
    • Removal of Infused Blocks
      • All Blocks in world
      • Block In hand
      • Block player is looking at
  • Polish up effects
  • Add more effects (Ideas needed for the following aspects)
    • Terra
    • Herba
    • Metallum
    • Auram
    • Exanimis
    • Humanus
    • Instrumentum
    • Fabrico
  • Improve Infusion core Animation
  • Add Updater Info
All of that will be included in the next update and fixes to any crashes that people come across.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Bugs & Issues:
"ti.effect_info.ARBOR" this is in the thaumonomicon instead of the Arbor Effect Description.
"shift clicking a sdie" this is in the thaumnomicon in the Motus Effect Description.

The following are ideas, this does not reflect existing functions in the mod as of this post:

Thaumcraft:
  • Fabrico - This functions as a 3x3 Ghost Inventory where you can put recipes into. If you drop the required items on it, it will craft it and output it to the nearest inventory (If there is not one it will drop it downwards).
  • Metallum - This makes the block Fireproof, This is good for making togglable unburning wood.
  • Telum - Functions like a cactus.
  • Lux - Produces the same amount of light as Glowstone.

Forbidden Magic:
  • Gula (If you do Forbidden Magic Support) - Destroys items dropped onto it.
  • Luxuria - Mobs on this block if not in love mode for 30 seconds it will be put into love mode.
  • Infernus - Mobs and players that step on this block are set on fire.
  • Ira - Mobs on this block will target other mobs as attack targets causing infighting.
  • Desidia - Mobs and players that step on this block are given slowness.

Magic Bees:
  • Tempus - Blocks touching this block run at 1.5x tick rate. This can stack (If stacked with 5 sides taken it would be 7.59375x tick rate. This would be if you wanted to be able to access it, if it would need to be automated two sides would need to be open so 4 sides would be 5.0625x tick rate and if you wanted it to also be powered it would need 3 sides open so 3 sides would be 3.375x tick rate).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Bugs & Issues:
"ti.effect_info.ARBOR" this is in the thaumonomicon instead of the Arbor Effect Description.
"shift clicking a sdie" this is in the thaumnomicon in the Motus Effect Description.

The following are ideas, this does not reflect existing functions in the mod as of this post:
  • Luxuria - Mobs on this block if not in love mode for 30 seconds it will be put into love mode.

If you go with this idea be sure to put a cap on the effect. Stopping if X (configurable) mobs of that type are in the aria. Otherwise you will kill worlds with mob overbreading. Total lagout.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the delay in response, usually it sends me an email when someone replies.

Bugs & Issues:

Yeah I'm aware of the research, I pumped out the descriptions as fast as possible because I mainly wanted the internal system of the mod which handles the infused blocks to be stress tested and now that I know that it's solid. I can start ironing out the mod, in which the research is going to be re-done.

Thaumcraft:
  • Fabrico - This functions as a 3x3 Ghost Inventory where you can put recipes into. If you drop the required items on it, it will craft it and output it to the nearest inventory (If there is not one it will drop it downwards).
  • Metallum - This makes the block Fireproof, This is good for making togglable unburning wood.
  • Telum - Functions like a cactus.
  • Lux - Produces the same amount of light as Glowstone.

Forbidden Magic:
  • Ira - Mobs on this block will target other mobs as attack targets causing infighting.

Magic Bees:
  • Tempus - Blocks touching this block run at 1.5x tick rate. This can stack (If stacked with 5 sides taken it would be 7.59375x tick rate. This would be if you wanted to be able to access it, if it would need to be automated two sides would need to be open so 4 sides would be 5.0625x tick rate and if you wanted it to also be powered it would need 3 sides open so 3 sides would be 3.375x tick rate).

Interesting ideas, having effects configurable as suggested by: NJM1564 is what I intend to add in the next update. The idea is having a GUI which is accessible via right clicking with wand in hand, what this would do is both make effects configurable as well as move their functionality way from block methods, which will make the infused block act more like what they are infused with.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the delay in response, usually it sends me an email when someone replies.

Yeah I'm aware of the research, I pumped out the descriptions as fast as possible because I mainly wanted the internal system of the mod which handles the infused blocks to be stress tested and now that I know that it's solid. I can start ironing out the mod, in which the research is going to be re-done.

Interesting ideas, having effects configurable as suggested by: NJM1564 is what I intend to add in the next update. The idea is having a GUI which is accessible via right clicking with wand in hand, what this would do is both make effects configurable as well as move their functionality way from block methods, which will make the infused block act more like what they are infused with.
I was thinking about the Tempus effect and I think it should be noted that a Block with Tempus cannot be acclerated by another block with Tempus on it to stop a few potential... exploits.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Forbidden Magic:

I think the sin aspects should be more double edged.

Gula should periodically randomly feed or starve you by 2 hunger points (can be weighted more towards starve for balance).
Luxuria should have a chance of makeing the breedable mob go in to a frenzy and "attack" you.
Infernus should randomly either buff you with a 10 second lvl 1 flame shield and or set you on fire.
Ira should be similar to infernus but with lvl 1 strength but hurt you one heart instead of fire.
Desidia should slow down your hunger but at the expense of a small but sizeable chunk of exp.
Invidia should periodically make you drop the item you are equipped with and act as a magnet.
Superbia should give you defense at the expense of exp and or hunger.

That beign said I'm not sure if Mafia should spread himself too thin by dabbling in Thaumcraft addons aspects.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I think the sin aspects should be more double edged.

Gula should periodically randomly feed or starve you by 2 hunger points (can be weighted more towards starve for balance).
Luxuria should have a chance of makeing the breedable mob go in to a frenzy and "attack" you.
Infernus should randomly either buff you with a 10 second lvl 1 flame shield and or set you on fire.
Ira should be similar to infernus but with lvl 1 strength but hurt you one heart instead of fire.
Desidia should slow down your hunger but at the expense of a small but sizeable chunk of exp.
Invidia should periodically make you drop the item you are equipped with and act as a magnet.
Superbia should give you defense at the expense of exp and or hunger.

That beign said I'm not sure if Mafia should spread himself too thin by dabbling in Thaumcraft addons aspects.
Gula, I feel like feeding you is overpowered and fames does the other effect so I think that Gula being Indulgence and Gluttony I'd assume it would eat anything.
Luxuria, If anything that should just be tacked on because that's less useful and has less use in general.
Infernus, That would be useful however not alot of use for Automation or otherwise; I feel like my suggestion would be more useful in the long run.
Ira, Again just like Infernus my idea is more useful in the long run.
Desidia, I do not understand how that relates to Sloth in any way shape or form. Mine also has more all though negligible usability.
Invidia, I like that idea personally; I think it should also do that to mobs who hold things as well (Huminoids and Endermen).
Superbia, I don't like this too much, Maybe buff it more so your Invulnerable while standing on it?

I feel like this would be extra. When he gets around to it he could do these but he doesn't have to do them now or even RIGHT after the base aspects; It's up to him when or if to do them but I think cross mod compatibility is partly what Modded Minecraft is about so I don't think this would be turned down... hopefully.