Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

Allot has changed in this patch, exactly 2602 lines of code have been changed effecting both internal and gameplay code.

Download the latest version from Curse

Change Log:
  • Localization's have been fixed
  • Infusion Core Field Exception fixed
  • Performance Improved
  • A few Effects have been fixed (Void, Permutatio, Iter, Etc)
  • Terra has been added
  • Rendering more compatible (However when in bulk may cause frame drops - Will be fixed soon)
  • Added commands for real time banning of blocks and wiping of all data blocks
  • More config options
  • Refactored allot of code
  • Better Syncing

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to figure out what that Exanimis Effect is? That vid made it look like it sets your spawn if you die on it?

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So I am thinking of deleying the next public version, to give me time to review all the effects as I feel they are too bland. I want them to get players thinking of how they could use them and not just make it so you can sleep on the block ;D

Also I might implement a way to find out what the effect of an aspect is, as well as find out if a block is infuseable. All of which is to come and if you have any ideas for an effect, feel free to pop on here and add your idea.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You could make examinus spawn zombies and skeletons at an increased rate. As it's current effect might be a tad annoying, people settign up trap rooms with floors lined with examinius blocks constantly spawning them back and killing victims. Or the possibility of it messing up your bed spawn.

That's the problem with this project, with all the aspects not including addon ones, finding a cool and unique mechanic for each one of them is rather difficult to do.
I see it might be nessesary to give certain aspects "filler effects", lame token effects that are only there so you can say "every aspect has an effect".

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
So another update, I've spent some time replacing the warding mechanic implemented by TC, essentially Azanor does it more or less the same way I use to do it and it has the same issues I had. So I am moving it over to my system to allow it to work with every single block and remove all lag caused by using a tileentity.

This will be of course configurable for those that don't want TI to patch TC, but in all cases it should fix and improve the warding blocks.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I *really* need to stay on top of updates like this instead of goofing off in Minecraft. :p

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

Hey everyone, just a quick update. TI is now stable and is undergoing testing on a private server, at the moment the biggest bug is a noticeable lag on clients. However I need more people to test the mod and break it, I intend to release a working and polished mod this time around. So for anyone who is interested in testing the mod, please feel free to download the mod from here. DO NOTE, this is in development and is not ready to be introduced to existing world, also if you find a bug or an issue please report it via the github.

Thanks.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
A very short update, just to show I am alive. The massive performance issue has been resolved, I am now just polishing everything up and making sure all the effects are working. Then I'll do an official release.

Reactions: Yusunoha

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

Thaumic Infusion 4 is finally ready for public release, I've been hard at work rebuilding the data structure for infused blocks and it’s all paid off. TI is now more stable than it has ever been before, obviously I am going off the tests that I have been doing and I have no doubt that people will find ways to crash it. However if you do find a crash or a bug, please open an issue on the repo it makes things easier and tidier.

Download the latest version from Curse

I will be doing bug fixed for the next couple of weeks, after that I will start the long update for 1.8.

Azdule

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say this looks very very cool! I think I may be adding into my pack to have a play around with when I get more into magic

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say this looks very very cool! I think I may be adding into my pack to have a play around with when I get more into magic

Cheers man, I've been working on this for ages now. Its a huge step forward when you compare it to the old version.

Reactions: Yulife