Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Errrrrrr.... Yes? Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about ;D
Azanor added a mechanic that marks certain research as "forbidden" knowledge, upon researching things you incur warp, if this warp gets high you start getting random debuffs or go through halucinations or if you are unlucky a squad of eldrich guardians will spawn under your feet (well nearby but it will sometimes spawn right where you are standing).
With just Thamcraft alone I think the warp is actually very manageable, but every Thaumcraft addon that has forbidden research raises the total amount of potential warp you can take in. I have a hunch that the calculations for what warp effects are given to you must be set on some algorithm becasue I have a feeling that having 4-6 guardians spawning under your feet every 15 mins is not natural behavior.

By the sounds of things you don't intend to have us using the research table much. Hopefully you have an information tab for your mod though it sounds extensive (maybe even too extensive).

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

071b46db31.jpg

Vacuous is back and a whole lot more stable than before. Things are looking up at the moment, I am having no issues with the implementation of effects and thanks to my new system, this block is a tileentity. Meaning other blocks can interact with the inventory ;D

Reactions: Fixided and Yulife

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Updates.png

Well... It's been a long journey and there have been bumps along the way, but the finish line is in sight. What this means is that a closed beta will be starting soon and by soon I mean within the coming days, as the infusion process is now in survival and the research has been completed. A few thing need to be polished up and it will be good to go, so for those whom are interested in testing out the mod, please fill out this form and I will get back to you when it's ready.

Also, I have now localized the mod. So if you are interested in translating it to another language, then feel free to do so. Please read the Readme on the github for more info.

Reactions: Yulife and Yusunoha

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Like usual sorry for the lack of updates, I am extremely busy with IRL stuff and Its hard to find the time to put into TI. However I sat down for abit today and re-worked most of my code to be more efficient and also made my blocks compatible with all but tile entity blocks. So you can now infuse slabs, pressure plates, etc. However stairs and fences bug out due to how they check for neighbouring blocks.

But here you go:

4b2f5d145d.jpg

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Closed Beta? sign up form? lol! your mod sounds cool but you are acting like it's some sort of highly anticipated AAA game.
Just release it fully with a cubic ass-tonne of caveats like most other modders do lol. You know like "Don't include it in public packs" and "use at risk of your world".

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Closed Beta? sign up form? lol! your mod sounds cool but you are acting like it's some sort of highly anticipated AAA game.
Just release it fully with a cubic ass-tonne of caveats like most other modders do lol. You know like "Don't include it in public packs" and "use at risk of your world".
Sometimes modders want the mods to be at least doable which is hardly possible if a mod is in Closed Alpha, give Mafia a break.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019

I could do a release, but the "closed beta testing" is going on with those that have access to the betas version of thaumcraft. Till Azanor release the new version he has been working on then there will be no public download, also my mod is completely open-source. So nothing is stopping you from building a copy if you really wanted one.

Either way, my intention is to release a public build along with the new build of thaumcraft.

Last edited:

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
The complete effect count currently stands at 27, I should be able to get that into the 30's by tomorrow and pump out a video should of the mod as well as the brand new infusion method. Everything it going smoothly and is on track for release along side thaumcrafts next build.

Reactions: Yulife

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Looks nice, but I think that is a bit too strong. A weak levitating effect would be sufficient if you take Arcane Levitators and Thaumostatic Harness in comparison.

Its not infinite height, by standard you can only fly up by 10 blocks and you can stack the effect by placeing other infused blocks below each other. Making the height bigger, however something you have to consider is that it costs 8 essentia to infuse one block. So the cost makes up for the power.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Its not infinite height, by standard you can only fly up by 10 blocks and you can stack the effect by placeing other infused blocks below each other. Making the height bigger, however something you have to consider is that it costs 8 essentia to infuse one block. So the cost makes up for the power.
I thought it was like that - however, still, I think it would be more fitting to have a levitating effect more than a creative flight effect ^^"