Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I do not suggest that the recipes by default be gregtech's. I DEMAND that they be gregtech's

I have removed IC2 and all dependent addons from my worlds. I did so, with glee, several months ago.

Where's your god now?

Demand, pft.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not demanding anything of you or anyone else here, besides the ultimate pack developers.
I am simply... forcefully requesting that the Developers correct their mistake. Intentional or not.

If you are neither a developer or forum moderator, then it doesn't concern you.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Enough is enough guys.
This topic is for suggesting mods for packs not debating on either a mod should(n't) be added.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Did you read the liscence?
Yes.

Right now we do not want people adding this mod to public modpacks. We are still working out most of the bugs and we have not tested compatibility with other mods. Our priority is making sure the Fossils mod works 100% before we start worrying about will it work with x mod.
It's still a WIP, and these restrictions can be expected to disappear once the code with all planned features works nearly 100 percent. Only then would FTB want to integrate it anyway, if at all. So that is no big deal.

The real problem they seem to have right now is that they recently lost their main mob developer through RL issues (I didn't know this when posting here, only found it out yesterday). Presently, they are running a campaign to find an experienced mod coder for helping out. Should they find one, I'm confident the project will soon attain its present goals. If not, well, then please ignore my suggestion.

Reactions: benben500

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Underground biomes.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1593704-151-underground-biomes/

Was already suggested before many times, but i wanted to put it here again, as it is now getting GregTech support and a lot of compatibility work, including a rewrite of all the forge ore dictionary stonestuff, so the new stones will work in all the crafts and stuff.

Hey. It's merging with EBXL anyways. And forgotten nature too.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...130-help-wanted/page__st__11920#entry22177600

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Nether Survival Mod
It makes the nether more interesting and hardcore, "transform" it into useful dimension.

I think that in general mods that simply add random things have already bin voted against. Only mods that add new experiances will be considered. So a mod has to add more than just tools, weapons, and mobs. If it was something like tinkerers construct that adds new ways to craft. A complete game changing system as opposed to bits and peaces... maybe.
Ah and no mobs that add extra bioms ether.
A lot of mods are specifically coded to vanilla bioms. Making people run all over the world looking for one is a problem. Worse when they are coded for one biom specifically. Have fun running for a few thousand blocks for one.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Nice suggestion, though i'd maybe wait some time until the mod is more fleshed out, as it seems the author has a good idea but is still changing a lot of things, recipes, etc... I don't think it's ready for a big modpack yet.

Reactions: Jonh_McFee

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Nice suggestion, though i'd maybe wait some time until the mod is more fleshed out, as it seems the author has a good idea but is still changing a lot of things, recipes, etc... I don't think it's ready for a big modpack yet.
Well, yeah, but that didn't stop them from adding in Xycraft or Tinkers Construct, eh? :p

That is a valid point, though, I wouldn't really mind it being delayed.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Even more useful than stupid windmills is Avdanced Reactors, It's WIP but hey you may check it out right? it's got 3 "tiers" of reactors and chambers, and it's work nicely with GT and NC mods without any problems. They also have the Infrared Heat Vent that can cool down your reactor for exchange of burning down the environment. Oh did I mention it's already on MC 1.5? So if this mod turns out as good as I think , then hopefully it'll be added to FTB.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Even more useful than stupid windmills is Avdanced Reactors, It's WIP but hey you may check it out right? it's got 3 "tiers" of reactors and chambers, and it's work nicely with GT and NC mods without any problems. They also have the Infrared Heat Vent that can cool down your reactor for exchange of burning down the environment. Oh did I mention it's already on MC 1.5? So if this mod turns out as good as I think , then hopefully it'll be added to FTB.
*ahem*
Link?

EDIT: Oh, and a natural suggestion for a more complete experience with FTB(in my opinion, anyway) is Essentia Everything.
It's a Thaumcraft 3 addition which is designed to add Essentia values to almost everything.(well, several mods, but plenty of FTB mods are included in it's blanket)
It's not "finished" yet, but it's is a good mod none the less. If you ever wanted more ways to get your essentia, perhaps from obscure mod items, this is a solid addition to your install.

davidmeow2

Jul 29, 2019
What adding Flan's plane mod to ampz because they show up on radar & would provide a more complete experience.
No link

abouttabs

Jul 29, 2019
What about immibis`s liquidXP? In my opinion amazing mod, souldn`t be too hard to add because of already having core (at least in Ultimate) and also it is an amazing mod. :)
Masters thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...nitubes-5401-liquid-xp-5401-microblocks-5408/
I personally see it as amazing peace that would fit the pack nicely. (Yes I already see people yelling it is op, but I don`t think so :p and I love the mod)
It is 1.5.1

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
*ahem*
Link?

EDIT: Oh, and a natural suggestion for a more complete experience with FTB(in my opinion, anyway) is Essentia Everything.
It's a Thaumcraft 3 addition which is designed to add Essentia values to almost everything.(well, several mods, but plenty of FTB mods are included in it's blanket)
It's not "finished" yet, but it's is a good mod none the less. If you ever wanted more ways to get your essentia, perhaps from obscure mod items, this is a solid addition to your install.

Two problems with that mod. One the Essentia system for Thhamcraft 3 is expected to radically change so it might not be that useful. Two I know of a mod like that not sure if this is the one. It changed existing essentias. Made commonly found essentia much harder to find. And thamcraft is already a time consuming resource eating mod Mod. I'd just assume skip it if it starts taking up already rare and hard to make materials.[DOUBLEPOST=1367470070][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about immibis`s liquidXP? In my opinion amazing mod, souldn`t be too hard to add because of already having core (at least in Ultimate) and also it is an amazing mod. :)
Masters thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...nitubes-5401-liquid-xp-5401-microblocks-5408/
I personally see it as amazing peace that would fit the pack nicely. (Yes I already see people yelling it is op, but I don`t think so :p and I love the mod)
It is 1.5.1

I've said it once and I will do so again. It's a fine mod but needs a serious art upgrade. As it is It looks incomplete, unfinished, amateur-ish even.

Status
Not open for further replies.