Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame NBT edit

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...t-nbt-tags-without-leaving-your-game-updated/

This mod allow to modify NBT tags in game, so you won't have to exit minecraft to modify monsters spawners and other stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1361988166][/DOUBLEPOST]
Need some compatibility work, but looks awesome. That will make more materials to build stuff.

Reactions: WatcherInTheShadows

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Changes too much? What is too much in the wider modding scheme of things?

Worth a test.
But it should be said that just because it changes vanilla Gens doesn't mean it'll affect mod gens.

I did test this for a good day running around blasting things with my mining laser checking out ores and stuff.

It works pretty great and you can config it to work in recipes with other mods. Which mostly seemed to work right in NEI.

The only thing I saw missing were rock bee's. The other thing I had an issue with was the underground gen affecting other dimensions, which is good and bad. Bad because you can't go to twilight forest to work around the rock bee issue. But you can always creatively spawn a few rock bee's and delete some other ones so you can feel like your playing legitimately as a work around. I also un-installed it and it left my twilight worlds with the pink granite cobblestone. I didn't try to clean up the config files and mods cache folders though. So take that into consideration and always backup your installs if you want to experiment.

Its definitely worth it if you really like the mod to use it with FTB. Not to buggy at all.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to see this mod added to the FTB packs.
The moment in the Mod Spotlight that he confirmed Logistics Pipes would work with this was the moment that I added it to my list of mods to install to my game. This is an extremely awesome solution to storing stuff. My support, for what that is worth, is given to this.
My god. Well that was unexpected.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, considering there isn't a rule against low effort posting. It's the same problem MCF has. People just post "+1" or "Lolol diamonz 4 u." And they do it because they can get away with it, with no reprecussions.

I am fairly sure the "unexpected" part was that five people agreed with his suggestion, not that three people posted "+1", as my post as well as Pharro's post was included in his previous post.

But that aside, I don't see why you are surprised, Exedra, as AE looks like an awesome mod.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to +1 Applied Energistics for Ultimate.

In part because it actually ads a very low-tech ore doubling solution that makes it pair very well with other solutions. And in part because its recent incarnations have done a great job with balance work, and it has some awesome implications for remote mining and resource processing.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics: +2 (That's right, two! I have, in fact, extorted many votes from your World Leaders; The only thing between my illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator and an Earth-shattering kaboom is this button. Observe:

GalactiCraft: +8! This mod would be a perfect addition. If you haven't checked out the list of features, do it now. A sophisticated rocketry system? Having to pump oxygen through my extraplanetary base to survive? Needing radar sensor goggles to see creepers on dark worlds (like something out of Aliens)? I know this mod has already been mentioned a few times, but this isn't a mod to mention, this is a mod to support! ... ... Uh... in some... way.

The moment in the Mod Spotlight that he confirmed Logistics Pipes would work with this was the moment that I added it to my list of mods to install to my game. This is an extremely awesome solution to storing stuff. My support, for what that is worth, is given to this.
Logistics Pipes. It's a tragic thing that they aren't in any of the packs (though I'm sure there's a reason). Such a well-balanced, challenging, effective solution to all your sorting needs. The effort that goes into setting them up completely justifies being able to open up a remote catalog of everything you own/can autocraft for immediate delivery to the Ender Pouch on your hotbar. (I'm not even being sarcastic---they are a bitch to set up! :confused:)

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics: +2 (That's right, two! I have, in fact, extorted many votes from your World Leaders; The only thing between my illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator and an Earth-shattering kaboom is this button. Observe:

GalactiCraft: +8! This mod would be a perfect addition. If you haven't checked out the list of features, do it now. A sophisticated rocketry system? Having to pump oxygen through my extraplanetary base to survive? Needing radar sensor goggles to see creepers on dark worlds (like something out of Aliens)? I know this mod has already been mentioned a few times, but this isn't a mod to mention, this is a mod to support! ... ... Uh... in some... way.

Logistics Pipes. It's a tragic thing that they aren't in any of the packs (though I'm sure there's a reason). Such a well-balanced, challenging, effective solution to all your sorting needs. The effort that goes into setting them up completely justifies being able to open up a remote catalog of everything you own/can autocraft for immediate delivery to the Ender Pouch on your hotbar. (I'm not even being sarcastic---they are a bitch to set up! :confused:)
Never used Applied Energistics, but it must be good with all the support. (Either that, or it has an abusable bug to dupe.)

GalactiCraft looks cool. Though the cheese ore on the moon is stupid and I can see a few problems with GC's overlap of Titanium with GregTechs. If GalactiCraft was added, it would probably be better to remove GC's ore in favor of GregTech's. Space Travel shouldn't be cheap. I still give it a +1.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

The reason, from my understanding, is that the original author of the program is working on a new version for 1.4.X, but there has been a fork for 1.4.X by someone else (which is what everyone is using thus far). The FTB team refuses to add forks to projects that are currently ongoing (and that is the best way to do things when you are in their position, of course), so it'll take until the original programmer releases his version to get into the pack (if ever).

And yeah, they are bothersome to set up when you don't know how they work, unlike RP2 tubes or BC pipes which are fairly straightforward. But after you get the hang of them, I'd say that they are a great deal easier than any other transportation system (except for AE, which looks similar in that it is more confusing to set up, but SO much easier to deal with as such). Throw a chassis Mk3 (for the nice golden color) behind your barrels, put a sneaky UP upgrade on it (so it works as if it was on the top of your barrels), and then an item sink module (with the item you want in your barrel) and a provider module, and you are done with the major setup point. They are lovely.

And yes, the remote orderer is the main reason I went with them, as I work across a few different MineCraft ages, so I needed a way to access my storage on demand.

As an aside, I'm not sure if GalactiCraft is ready to be introduced into FTB (maybe the techpack) as it does not appear completed. I'll have to give it a playthrough on my own to get a feel for it.

actionblackman

Jul 29, 2019
CHAINZ!!!! I can say enough about this mod it is FANTASTIC! ive added it to the mods i use personally in ssp and couldnt imagine playing without it now the elevator system is a blast to play around with as well as giving a good way to make chainmail in survival and improved bow features

Reactions: electroscape

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
CHAINZ!!!! I can say enough about this mod it is FANTASTIC! ive added it to the mods i use personally in ssp and couldnt imagine playing without it now the elevator system is a blast to play around with and and it has the as well as giving a good way to make chainmail in survival and improved bow features

Do you have a link to the mod?

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I like chainz quite a bit, too. The elevators are unique and fun to build, i think. Would fit in well with the Magic Pack for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.