Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeatherlas

Jul 29, 2019
Greg's Lighting is now in the "Maybe, Maybe not" category. While it was originally intended to be a part of the pack, due to some technical shenanigans (don't ask me, I'm not technical!) it might have to be excluded for the good of the pack. Assuming those get cleared up, it's a great candidate to be included, and might be added in at a later point.

Technical shenanigans? Sounds like something that DireWolf20 would say... haha

toxy

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Reactioncraft Better Bookcases 1.4.2 (Uses Forge)
URL: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1535339-reactioncraft-better-bookcases-142/
Author: eragonn1490
Reason: I believe this mod would compliment Mystcraft extremely well.
It provides storage for all created books (written,linking,descriptive,etc). It also can store more books by adding more book shelves next to others (multi block structure).
It uses Forge, Is updated to 1.4.2, and is simple yet useful.

legowaffle21

Jul 29, 2019
On the Will not be included section you have immibis' mods, Tubestuff is an immibis mod which is said to be included in the pack, typo? Also why is trains and zeppelins mod in will not be included, but trains mod is in maybe's?

I also want to ask if mods on the list that aren't going to be reconsidered if on the Not included list if due to bugs or glitches, if such problems are fixed?

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
I think there should be a separate thread designated for people who want to make arguments why a mod on the "Not Included" list should be reconsidered. This thread is clearly not the place for people to whine about mods that we have been told will not be included, yet the possibility exists that someone might come up with a legitimate reason why a mod should be reconsidered, such as bug fixes or changes in the mod that would tend to make it more compatible.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed Factorization appears to be in the mod currently! I don't see it listed anywhere though. Was it slipped in covertly? ;)

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Metallurgy 2
URL: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-10272012-putting-the-mine-back-in-minecraft/
Authors: Shadowclaimer, RebelKeithy
Reason: It is a great mod that adds lots of new ore tiers and fleshes out the mining experience a lot more.
It also allows you to make gunpowder without killing creepers.

It's a good mod that add's a lot of stuff...

That Is also the problem I think slow has said he doesn't want to bloat the world gen any more then It Is already at >.>

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Question on the "Maybe/Maybe not list", you have "Advanced Power Systems" listed, but as far as I can tell, the only mod by that name is stuck at Minecraft 1.2.5. Did you happen to mean "Advanced Power Management" instead? APM (formerly a rewrite of the old Charging Bench) is a brand new, written from scratch IC2 mod by Tallinu and myself that adds three tiers of Charging Benches (with more costly recipes than the original mod) and Battery Stations, a Storage Monitor and creative-mode-only Emitters that could be useful for map makers.

More information is available both on my github (https://github.com/pantheis/AdvancedPowerManagement) and on the forum post for the mod (http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7900).
Thanks! :)

Advanced Power Systems was a mod by dAkshEN3, you can find it on the buildcraft site's forums.

http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forum...exture-packs/dakshen3s-advanced-power-system/

It was intresting a while back, but the mod developer is pretty unreliable with his work/school schedule so it misses lots of releases, and it would be horribly inbalanced against any of the current mods, not to mention pretty much everything that was in the mod with the exception of solar panels that produced BC MJ, exists in other mods now like Thermal Expansion, ABO, ect

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Power Systems was a mod by dAkshEN3, you can find it on the buildcraft site's forums.

http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forum...exture-packs/dakshen3s-advanced-power-system/

It was intresting a while back, but the mod developer is pretty unreliable with his work/school schedule so it misses lots of releases, and it would be horribly inbalanced against any of the current mods, not to mention pretty much everything that was in the mod with the exception of solar panels that produced BC MJ, exists in other mods now like Thermal Expansion, ABO, ect

His last version is for 1.2.5 if i am correct ? if so it will not be even considerred since its not 1.4.2

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
His last version is for 1.2.5 if i am correct ? if so it will not be even considerred since its not 1.4.2

I don't think there was even a proper version for 1.2.5, im pretty sure another modder did a jury riggish update to get it to 1.2.5 and the original dev just posted that version in the sticky because he was busy, I dont remeber it was a long time ago.

Pantheis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there was even a proper version for 1.2.5, im pretty sure another modder did a jury riggish update to get it to 1.2.5 and the original dev just posted that version in the sticky because he was busy, I dont remeber it was a long time ago.

Okay, yea, hence my confusion on it being listed and why I thought maybe they meant my mod, which is fully updated to 1.4.2 and under active development. :)

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I take it ChickenChunks will also still be in when its available for 1.4? Its not on the list but I'm guessing it'll still be around.

Jorgun

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Logistics pipe SMP with additional features
URL: http://ci.thezorro266.com/job/LogisticsPipes/
Author: Krapht ,RS485,davboecki,thezorro266 (unsure who else)
Reason:this is a moddified version of Kraphts logistics pipes that has been updated to 1.4.2 and has a lot of new cool features.
and perhaps the new and what makes it fit in to the FTB is the energysystem that has been added giving it more balance

Note: giving Krapht veiw on Opensorce
Source code:
For long I was undecided if I wanted to release the source code at this early stage in development, but decided to do so for two major resons. 1) I wanted to release this as MMPL 2) Open source is good for a reason. Now people can easily look at my code and spot places to improve it. As a java “newbie” I might not be using the most efficient collections etc. Giving people access usually results in better code =)
, if anyone can make his code better he said go for it(tho this did not include release it).

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
What about the
Buildcraft valvepipe
It really helps with the steam engine layouts and more compact builds. It's also recommended on the railcraft wiki.

This mod is essential if you use Railcraft, or any major Buildcraft Liquid system you construct. Until were able to paint a gold pipe and have them sit next to each other, this is a must have.

Status
Not open for further replies.