Spacetoad is back to modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
So is it "use the mod my way or no way at all"? Cause it kinda comes across as that and if so, it saddens me.

No, its "Use the mod how you want, just don't crucify me if it doesn't make you breakfast at the same time."

That and I dislike the fact that TE is basically forcing you to use TE power generation if you want to use mods side by side. Its not even an option to use BC power to power the machines.

Last edited:

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
But that's not because of any fault of mine, it because the "other" mod you are using decided to no longer support them.

That is for reasons of efficiency, which I can respect as a major part of TE is efficiency. The onus for compatibility is not solely on KingLemming. It is also not solely on you and BC. It would be nice, though, to see some real cooperation between both mods on finding a solution instead of the subtle accusations that it's up to KL and KL only to add it.

That and I dislike the fact that TE is basically forcing you to use TE power generation if you want to use mods side by side. Its not even an option to use BC power to power the machines.

Untrue. With Extra Utilities I can transfer power from MJ to RF. RotaryCraft has built-in machines that transfer between the two seamlessly.

Reactions: PierceSG

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
Untrue. With Extra Utilities I can transfer power from MJ to RF. RotaryCraft has built-in machines that transfer between the two seamlessly.

In which case there is no reason for the one sided implementation of the BC API in TE anyway. Because as you just said, "you can use X other mod to perform the conversion". Which I also see as preferable to the current situation.

smbarbour

Jul 29, 2019
That is for reasons of efficiency, which I can respect as a major part of TE is efficiency. The onus for compatibility is not solely on KingLemming. It is also not solely on you and BC. It would be nice, though, to see some real cooperation between both mods on finding a solution instead of the subtle accusations that it's up to KL and KL only to add it.
It is still somewhat telling that KL's argument about efficiency with BC power is with the parts that he wanted added to the BC power API.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, several mods can perform MJ-to-RF conversion, namely Ender IO, Mekanism, the aforementioned Extra Utilities and Engineer's Toolbox.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
It is still somewhat telling that KL's argument about efficiency with BC power is with the parts that he wanted added to the BC power API.

No, I wanted something else entirely. What went in was another way of achieving the same basic goal while keeping the system entirely as a restricted walled garden. I didn't ask for that.

But again, none of this even matters. RF is here, it's staying, MJ is here, it's staying. Difference in vision, move on. There's a good chance we will drop MJ support in the future or at least change it to a config option, since the BC devs are requesting it. I have no problem honoring that request.

I can't believe my first thread made a huge argument and it attracted two big modders. Wow :p

Meanwhile, I'm the odd guy out cause I still use EU.

Ehh, one big modder. CJ literally maintains 3 of the largest mods in MC right now. I'm just a guy with a hobby and not enough time for it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
In which case there is no reason for the one sided implementation of the BC API in TE anyway. Because as you just said, "you can use X other mod to perform the conversion". Which I also see as preferable to the current situation.
... Which comes across as a "If I don't wanna do it HE can't either!"

It's not for the sake of compatibility, interworking, community, common goal or goal. It's just because. What's the difference in only third party mods doing it? Either way people use or don't use it because they choose their game to be that way.

It's fine that the reason is "just because" but if that is the reason then understand people are going to complain about it. Every decision you make one way or the other will have consequences. No matter what decision is made people will complain and people will praise. No one is forcing MJ to make breakfast in bed but people will complain when it's not there. It's part of life. I don't mean that in any sort of offensive or hurtful way it's just a fact.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
But again, none of this even matters. RF is here, it's staying, MJ is here, it's staying. Difference in vision, move on. There's a good chance we will drop MJ support in the future or at least change it to a config option, since the BC devs are requesting it. I have no problem honoring that request.

I'll be sad to see the support go if it does, though I'll hope for a config option to keep flawless compat.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
3? RailCraft, BuildCraft and what? Forge?
Is there 3rd big mod im unaware of or am i unaware of the fact CJ works on it >.>

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
There's a good chance we will drop MJ support in the future or at least change it to a config option, since the BC devs are requesting it. I have no problem honoring that request.

If you drop BC support could we go back to the pre-Player-fuel-nerf-values in TE? :D

Reactions: Greevir

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, several mods can perform MJ-to-RF conversion, namely Ender IO, Mekanism, the aforementioned Extra Utilities and Engineer's Toolbox.
Yeah, but unlike TE3 which supports RF to MJ natively, BC requires other mods to do the conversion for it. I would love to see BC add a pipe with dependency on te3 being install that will convert mj into RF., Redstone Flux Pipe? Electrum ingot+redstone dust+electrum ingot for 8 of those pips?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SynfulChaot

smbarbour

Jul 29, 2019
No, I wanted something else entirely. What went in was another way of achieving the same basic goal while keeping the system entirely as a restricted walled garden. I didn't ask for that.

The request was both ways or no interaction. You could just finish the Kinetic Dynamo...

Status
Not open for further replies.