Spacetoad is back to modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Neat, I hope, here's hoping the other half of my first two mods doesn't decide to take a turn in a bad direction and force me to remove it from my game like Industrial Craft.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
DeeY8kp.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1388880128][/DOUBLEPOST]Needless to say,it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Neat, I hope, here's hoping the other half of my first two mods doesn't decide to take a turn in a bad direction and force me to remove it from my game like Industrial Craft.

I'm thinking the opposite. If SpaceToad can bring back the Builder and the Stripe Pipe, then the mod will be restored to it's former glory. All Buildcraft is used for atm is the quarry, the filler and very rarely pipes.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking the opposite. If SpaceToad can bring back the Builder and the Stripe Pipe, then the mod will be restored to it's former glory. All Buildcraft is used for atm is the quarry, the filler and very rarely pipes.

I heard a rumour that some people still use quarries...

Reactions: Loufmier

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe he can turn Buildcraft back into something useful, everyone from players to modders are abandoning it in droves.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason I added it to FTBLight 2 was the quarry and filler. I hate manual mining. Here's hoping he brings back the builder, I miss that thing.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've mixed feelings about this... while it's great that Spacetoad, the original Buildcraft developer comes back with new ideas, I'm also afraid that perhaps some of his ideas might clash with the ideas of the current maintainers of Buildcraft and might cause.... well, a problem

but I hope that isn't the case and that they've already discussed this beforehand.
but if it is the case, perhaps it'd be a nice idea for Spacetoad to create an addon to Buildcraft instead...

gates are also pretty damn usefull, just wish they created some sort of block gate, instead of having to plunk down a pipe first. I know you can use a simple pipe instead, but perhaps change the gates to something like the upgrades from Steve's Carts, a panel that you can attach to the side of another block... I just don't like to be forced to plunk down a pipe first to be able to use a gate

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Lasers, Quarry, Chute (if hoppers are not your thing), assembly table, gates... enough saying these are the only things I find common use for next to filler and builder

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I like buildcraft in general

I was happy to find my first proper use for daizuli and lazuli pipes the other day - even with all the other great mods around these days with new ideas etc I personally still consider BC a requirement. There is always flood gates too.

Oh yeah, this topic is about Spacetoad not a general defense of buildcraft - sorry guys.
I am excited about Spacetoad's return and I can't wait to see the way this develops.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Spacetoad seems like a smart and creative person. By 2011 standards, BC was a revolutionary mod that broke new ground and showed us what was possible. I'm very excited about his (?) return and can't wait to see his latest work!

Status
Not open for further replies.