Private Pack Somaren: 1.5.2 With Nerfed Gregtech! 50+ Slots, Whitelisted! Simple Frames Beta!

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Do you guys want to keep your inventory on death?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
What is with people automatically assuming that people don't follow the directions exactly. Just so you know. I did follow them, and i had problems still. For some reason, whenever i try to install mo'creatures, no matter what i do, it always black screens.

This issue has been resolved though, and i can actually play now.
Yeah, I think it might be an issue with Mo Creatures 51 as opposed to 50.
The K had the same problem.
Also, please, do NOT use the actual nether. It crashes the server every time you leave, no matter how you leave.

The K

Jul 29, 2019
What is with people automatically assuming that people don't follow the directions exactly. Just so you know. I did follow them, and i had problems still. For some reason, whenever i try to install mo'creatures, no matter what i do, it always black screens.

This issue has been resolved though, and i can actually play now.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude or assume you didn't read the instructions, I was just troubleshooting. Also shalashalska, my problem was different because mo creatures worked for me in my sp worlds and the official mo creatures server, It only crashed when I joined the somaren server.

Omlettwender

Jul 29, 2019
i think i just crashed the server
i right clicked on my coke oven and the pressed the inventory key before the coke oven gui opened and apparantly it didn't really like that

Code:
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherInputStream.nextChunk(Unknown Source)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at ef.a(Packet.java:142)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at cg.i(TcpConnection.java:324)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at cg.c(TcpConnection.java:544)
2013-02-01 22:18:16 [INFO] [STDERR]    at ch.run(SourceFile:93)

this could have been an issue with my jre because i had to fumble around in the bouncycastle config for university, i will reinstall my java just to be safe.

on another note:
near spawn in the mining age somebody built a quarry that is severely overflowing and spitting items everywhere, there was quite hard lag for some time that could have been caused by all the entities lying around there

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Your minecraft username. This must be accurate, otherwise, even if you do get accepted, you will still not be able to connect. wisdoms
  2. Have you ever been banned from a server? If yes, why? (Being banned does not disqualify you necessarily, particularly if it was a ban because of admin abuse, but lying will)

I have been banned once, and that was from a server that refused to allow me to help it's player-base, literally. The owner made a server that was Modpack + Additional mods about 2 months ago- Well, his moto was " if they aren't smart enough to figure it out they don't deserve to play. " Which, I wasn't cool with- it was heartless and selfish. SO, I took it upon myself to help his players get on his server as there were only 3-4. After helping the players he found out as more and more players were joining the server, they knew I would help after every update. Anyway, owner found out and not only ICBM Red-matter nuked my base, but destroyed all my bases then banned my 2 friends and myself. So yes, I have been banned for being helping others.
  3. Have you ever played with FTB before? Yes
  4. Why do you want to join this server? The server looks really good, and I find that I have more freetime and am bored of playing on a vanilla server. I love the mods that are installed, and was amazed at the amount of mods and rules lined so perfectly to my liking.

Additional information; with my application, I want to take an advance to say that I have a friend on Skype with me that also would like to apply;

Applicant 2:
    Username: sertuin
    Have you ever been banned? He was banned with me for being my friend on the server that we I/we were abused.
    Have you ever played FTB before? Yes, he has been playing even before me.
    Why do you want to join this server? Quote from Skype " Why do you want to be on this server? " Answer " Because you're going to be on the server, and I'm bored of vanilla- and from what you told me it sounds pretty f**king awesome. " End quote.

Damon_Aftalife

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Your minecraft username: Damon_Aftalife
  2. Have you ever been banned from a server? Never been banned.
  3. Have you ever played with FTB before? Yes I would say my FTB experience is 8/10 done built most things in single player(no cheats or creative).
  4. Why do you want to join this server? I enjoy complex builds and automation as well as making things aesthetically pleasing. The mods you run are very similar to how I have run my single player worlds in the past.

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues getting the directions to function properly.

Does this server have a teamspeak/ventrilo/skype I can add?

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
Not right now, but I'm thinking about setting up a TS server.

Whitelisted:
Damon_Aftalife
I still need help installing the mods lol.
Can you just give me a simple guide for it?
[1.4.6] Condensed Blocks -> Mods folder
[1.4.6]BlockBreaker.Forge.1.4.6.r02.Uni.CoreMod -> Core mods
[1.4.6]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.6.r05.Uni.CoreMod -> Core mods
AdditionalPipes2.1.3u42-BC3.4.2-MC1.4.7 -> Mods folder
AdvancedMachines Original v1.8a -> Mods folder, Delete old Adv Machines
buildcraft-Z-additional-buildcraft-objects-0.9.6.73 -> Mods folder
config.zip -> Extract and replace/overwrite config folder
CustomMobSpawner 1.11 -> Mods folder
DamageIndicators[1.4.6]2.3.8 -> Mods folder
DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod v4.5.0 -> Mods folder
GuiAPI-0.15.2-1.4.6 -> Core mods
LogisticsPipes-MC1.4.7-0.7.0.81 -> Mods folder
MineFactoryReloaded_2.1.0 -> Mods folder
NetherOres_2.0.4 -> Mods folder
PowerConverters_2.1.1 -> Mods folder
PowerCrystalsCore_1.0.1 -> Core mods
SecretRoomsMod-universal-4.4.1.158 -> Mods folder

Am I missing any mods? Am I putting any of these in the wrong order?

What do I do with the Mindcrack/Direwolf20 modpack hybrid? I don't see any instructions for that?

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
I still need help installing the mods lol.
Can you just give me a simple guide for it?
[1.4.6] Condensed Blocks -> Mods folder
[1.4.6]BlockBreaker.Forge.1.4.6.r02.Uni.CoreMod -> Core mods
[1.4.6]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.6.r05.Uni.CoreMod -> Core mods
AdditionalPipes2.1.3u42-BC3.4.2-MC1.4.7 -> Mods folder
AdvancedMachines Original v1.8a -> Mods folder, Delete old Adv Machines
buildcraft-Z-additional-buildcraft-objects-0.9.6.73 -> Mods folder
config.zip -> Extract and replace/overwrite config folder
CustomMobSpawner 1.11 -> Mods folder
DamageIndicators[1.4.6]2.3.8 -> Mods folder
DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod v4.5.0 -> Mods folder
GuiAPI-0.15.2-1.4.6 -> Core mods
LogisticsPipes-MC1.4.7-0.7.0.81 -> Mods folder
MineFactoryReloaded_2.1.0 -> Mods folder
NetherOres_2.0.4 -> Mods folder
PowerConverters_2.1.1 -> Mods folder
PowerCrystalsCore_1.0.1 -> Core mods
SecretRoomsMod-universal-4.4.1.158 -> Mods folder

Am I missing any mods? Am I putting any of these in the wrong order?

What do I do with the Mindcrack/Direwolf20 modpack hybrid? I don't see any instructions for that?
You have all the mods, and there is no "order" for them to go in. However, PowerCrystalsCore does not go in coremods, it goes in regular.

As far as the Mindcrack/DW20 hybrid, drag+drop all the mods from DW20 into the Mindcrack folder. Should work vice versa too, but I haven't tried it. You can also import the Mindcrack instance using MultiMC, and then do it that way, which is what I do. Also, I would like to mention that you can delete liteloader if you delete every trace of voxel and liteloader mods, which will give you a slight performance boost.

Edit: Apparently the overflowing quarry was mine, my diamond input chest overflowed with apatite, and I had made a mistake when making my emergency shutoff system. Also, apparently the server lags considerably when emptying a 64x64 quarry of water.

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
After installing All mods correctly and being able to run minecraft -> Server does not acknowledge Damage indicators

After removing Damage Indicators:

Attachments

• crash-2013-02-06_16.21.25-client.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 70

The K

Jul 29, 2019
After installing All mods correctly and being able to run minecraft -> Server does not acknowledge Damage indicators

After removing Damage Indicators:
Block id conflict. Reinstall the configs in the op.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
So, having re-read the OP and realizing that a config pack was included that answered my question, I now feel rather stupid. That being said, I would like to apply.
  1. My minecraft username is the same as this username, namely "TheLoneWolfling" (no quotes).
  2. To the best of my knowledge I have never been banned from a server. I left my previous server to go server-hunting due to a combination of bone-crushing lag and GregTedium mode.
  3. I've played with FTB (or modified versions thereof) since the 1.4.2 beta pack was released.
  4. I wish to join this server for a couple of reasons:
    • Logistics pipes!
    • Lack of GregTedium mode.
    • Lack of bone-crushing lag (hopefully)
    • Whitelist + enough additional effort to install that hopefully people who are on won't try to grief.
Also, questions:
  • Regarding Mystcraft descriptive books and nether "stuff", what's the price?
  • Why nether ores if people can't go into the nether?

The K

Jul 29, 2019
So, having re-read the OP and realizing that a config pack was included that answered my question, I now feel rather stupid. That being said, I would like to apply.
  1. My minecraft username is the same as this username, namely "TheLoneWolfling" (no quotes).
  2. To the best of my knowledge I have never been banned from a server. I left my previous server to go server-hunting due to a combination of bone-crushing lag and GregTedium mode.
  3. I've played with FTB (or modified versions thereof) since the 1.4.2 beta pack was released.
  4. I wish to join this server for a couple of reasons:
    • Logistics pipes!
    • Lack of GregTedium mode.
    • Lack of bone-crushing lag (hopefully)
    • Whitelist + enough additional effort to install that hopefully people who are on won't try to grief.
Also, questions:

There is a weird mystcraft nether age that has the nether mobs and nether ores. It is mainly yellow grass though.

Plasma

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Your minecraft username. This must be accurate, otherwise, even if you do get accepted, you will still not be able to connect. Plasma_Elf
  2. Have you ever been banned from a server? If yes, why? (Being banned does not disqualify you necessarily, particularly if it was a ban because of admin abuse, but lying will)No, I've never been banned.
  3. Have you ever played with FTB before? Yes for about 3 -4 months.
  4. Why do you want to join this server? I've been looking for a nice server to meet new people and enjoy myself on my free time.

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
-SNIP-
Some people still have the ores from nether ores, which is why it's still there. In addition, I believe that the nether in spawn still generates them.
Mystcraft descriptive books cannot be crafted, but as soon as I get around to it, I'll set up two trade-o-mats in spawn for them. One will sell regular books (fairly expensively though, but creative notebooks are available in spawn, this is so that I don't end up with a 20gb world from everyone on the server trying to get symbols) and the other will sell corruption-immune ages, although much more expensive (I'm thinking like 8 nether stars each for those, as you can have dense ores and such) As far as nether-items go, I think they are at fairly reasonable prices, but just tell me if you think not.

Whitelisted:
Plasma_Elf
TheLoneWolfling

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Some people still have the ores from nether ores, which is why it's still there. In addition, I believe that the nether in spawn still generates them.
Mystcraft descriptive books cannot be crafted, but as soon as I get around to it, I'll set up two trade-o-mats in spawn for them. One will sell regular books (fairly expensively though, but creative notebooks are available in spawn, this is so that I don't end up with a 20gb world from everyone on the server trying to get symbols) and the other will sell corruption-immune ages, although much more expensive (I'm thinking like 8 nether stars each for those, as you can have dense ores and such) As far as nether-items go, I think they are at fairly reasonable prices, but just tell me if you think not.

Whitelisted:
Plasma_Elf
TheLoneWolfling
Thanks for both whitelisting me and for the explanation!

I'll be on later today, assuming I have time.

DarkUSA

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Your minecraft username. This must be accurate, otherwise, even if you do get accepted, you will still not be able to connect. DarkUSA2005
  2. Have you ever been banned from a server? If yes, why? (Being banned does not disqualify you necessarily, particularly if it was a ban because of admin abuse, but lying will) No
  3. Have you ever played with FTB before? Yes, Mindcrack, DW20, Beta, and a custom pack for SMP
  4. Why do you want to join this server? Looking for a custom mod pack with the best of both worlds, and a fun place to build, mine, and explore.