Solid Boilers after 1.5.1. Wood source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Eh, I suppose. It just seems like a lot of the time that they just don't listen on certain changes.

Not listening to a community like this could really cost your mod a good deal of popularity if you make a bad choice. =\
Yeah I've been trying to convince Vswe to add configs to his stuff because he will undoubtedly do to drills what is done for woodcutters.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I've found an issue with MFR farms.

SOUNDS!!!
"Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-AAAAAARGH!!!!"

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I've found an issue with MFR farms.

SOUNDS!!!
"Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Step-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-Woosh-AAAAAARGH!!!!"
Config has an option to disable sounds.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is a very good thing and doesn't use a huge needless convoluted tech tree. It is simple. It does what we want. I just hope it doesn't get tainted by the "balance bug"
I don't think it will, any time soon.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=22136236
power crystals said:
It's not often I say this, but: no. You can screw with the power draws and enable GT-style recipes in the config, but I am not going to make my machines harder to use for the sake of some nebulous concept of "balance", unless there's an actual broken aspect (right now autospawner+slimes is pretty bad, we're trying to decide what to do about that). Play with the numbers all you like, but ease of use has always been my #1 priority, and that will not change.

They're upgrading all recipes to use tungsten plate instead of plastic
That's only if you turn Gregtech mode on.

I prefer MFR white/black stone. Unfortunately recipe for blackstone conflicts with extra utilities.
And then there's this as well! MFR's decorative blocks are pretty good.

Reactions: Chocorate and Hoff

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Actually I just realized I don't even need them...

I can make a golem farm with an auto-spawner ._.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
I tried something really fun - combining MFR with XYcraft - especially soil blocks from xycraft.
I made 5x5 tree farm on 8 blocks of SOIL on each spot (a lot of crafting), upgrades for planter & harvester - 4 blocks.
Trees grow like crazy and i don't know what to do with the wood i get. I also have Steve's Cart 2 farm.

Big minus from MFR tree farm is it produces small amount of saplings - about 6:1, 7:1 (logs:saplings) - which i need to make biofuel for liquid boiler.
I use oak saplings - maybe i should change them for different one ?

Does SC2 makes more saplings than MFR tree farm ? I mean in versions of mods for 1.4.7 ?

And for 1.5.2 SC2 galgadorian wood cutter (1.4.7 normal cutter) makes the same amount of saplings or more ?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I tried something really fun - combining MFR with XYcraft - especially soil blocks from xycraft.
I made 5x5 tree farm on 8 blocks of SOIL on each spot (a lot of crafting), upgrades for planter & harvester - 4 blocks.
Trees grow like crazy and i don't know what to do with the wood i get. I also have Steve's Cart 2 farm.

Big minus from MFR tree farm is it produces small amount of saplings - about 6:1, 7:1 (logs:saplings) - which i need to make biofuel for liquid boiler.

Does SC2 makes more saplings than MFR tree farm ? I mean in versions of mods for 1.4.7 ?

And for 1.5.2 SC2 galgadorian wood cutter (1.4.7 normal cutter) makes the same amount of saplings or more ?
Galga produces 125% saplings. The only thing about the MFR farm is it needs a decent backlog of saplings to fill up it's buffer before they produce roughly the same amount of saplings.