Solid Boilers after 1.5.1. Wood source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Abandon the gem tools; Move on to Tinkers Construct.
The tools are handy for the turtles, I like color coordinating my ninja turtles, just wish I could use gold...
The gems are used for GregTech materials. RP2 rubies are a lot more common than GT rubies.

IMarv

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The tools are handy for the turtles, I like color coordinating my ninja turtles, just wish I could use gold...
The gems are used for GregTech materials. RP2 rubies are a lot more common than GT rubies.

IMarv

Turtles are all I ever care about them for but after my first turtle I always have an excess of diamonds anyway.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then between MFR and AE, all I really need is a Ruby, Sapphire, and Green Sapphire and tools mod and I won't need RP2 any more. (And assign RP2's ores/items to this new mod) (And Basalt and Marble)

It's not the existence of the tools that allow you to create turtles with them. Computercraft is specifically coded to check for Redpower and create those options only if it is loaded.

You have to convince the author to expand on that.

Oh, and Tinker's Construct seared brick looks remarkably like RP Basalt. Probably easier to make than demolishing a volcano.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...
Oh.
You're joking right? Or have the other authors convinced PowerCrystals that more steps= better mod?

I'm curious as well. I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if I'd come off as a jackass for assuming he was joking. Tungsten... that just seems like a little much to be realistic.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...
Oh.
You're joking right? Or have the other authors convinced PowerCrystals that more steps= better mod?

It's just tungsten plates, Just gotta find it, dig it up, use an industrial blast furnace, and then run it through a plate maker.

Not that many steps. Not like it's anything complicated.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
It's just tungsten plates, Just gotta find it, dig it up, use an industrial blast furnace, and then run it through a plate maker.

I suppose that's not bad.

Can the Tungstate Ore in the end be used for the same thing?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, you mean the gregtech-like recipe in the config. Yeah, I saw that. Then I realized why I like MFR.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you mean the gregtech-like recipe in the config. Yeah, I saw that. Then I realized why I like MFR.

I have to say, you didn't see it if you thought it had tungsten plate as a requirement. The GT recipe is fundamentally the same as the TE one.

You can even use the TE frame in the GT recipe.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, you didn't see it if you thought it had tungsten plate as a requirement. The GT recipe is fundamentally the same as the TE one.

You can even use the TE frame in the GT recipe.
I don't mean to be a prick, but
I saw "Enable Gregtech recipe=false" in the config. I was wondering if you meant that MFR was changing its vanilla recipe to some new tungsten plate. Or if you were joking. So really, there's no need to tell me that I'm wrong.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and Tinker's Construct seared brick looks remarkably like RP Basalt. Probably easier to make than demolishing a volcano.

Seems to me that a person who wanted the look of basalt/basalt brick but didn't have rp2 could just retexture some other block so they'd have it. Time to build a house out of pumpkins textured to look like chiseled basalt brick.

Oh, and there are already videos popping up on youtube of people that have ripped out their steve's carts setups and put MFR in their place because of the nerf. I hope the goal of the nerf was to get more people to use MFR because that seems to be the largest result.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and there are already videos popping up on youtube of people that have ripped out their steve's carts setups and put MFR in their place because of the nerf. I hope the goal of the nerf was to get more people to use MFR because that seems to be the largest result.

I presume the nerf was largely for the same reason forestry changed to multiblocks.

Because that's what the author wanted.

Personally, I stopped using carts after my last one disappeared for no reason. Straw, camel's back, etc. It's still true that carts are the best tunnel miner. Even when you have frames available.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I presume the nerf was largely for the same reason forestry changed to multiblocks.

Because that's what the author wanted.

Yes, but why did they want it? Did Vswe want it because he was tired of everybody on the forgecraft server giving him crap about it? :) I suspect there was some amount of peer pressure involved.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You could ask him.

I could but the answer would be entirely subjective. Ultimately why he did it doesn't matter when it comes to the results.

It isn't a matter of blame, it is a matter of wondering what the point of it is in a modpack environment where the net result is that most people will switch their production environments over to whatever is perceived to be the "better" system.

Fortunately this reverse arms race will only work if every modder decides to play along and that doesn't appear to be happening.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Overall, I'm glad I made the correct choice and stuck with MFR for my tree farming. Moreover, PC actually browses these forums, so there's almost a chance that he'll take our opinions into consideration when it comes time to change the mod.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Overall, I'm glad I made the correct choice and stuck with MFR for my tree farming. Moreover, PC actually browses these forums, so there's almost a chance that he'll take our opinions into consideration when it comes time to change the mod.
I talk to Vswe fairly frequently as well. In fact most of the major mod devs are very open about talking to people and are generally willing to accept others ideas. Sengir constantly asks for opinions from people on twitter. The CC people love reddit. The list goes on...

E: That's not to say I don't love PC, I do, it's just not hard to get your opinion to a mod dev if you want to.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I talk to Vswe fairly frequently as well. In fact most of the major mod devs are very open about talking to people and are generally willing to accept others ideas. Sengir constantly asks for opinions from people on twitter. The CC people love reddit. The list goes on...

E: That's not to say I don't love PC, I do, it's just not hard to get your opinion to a mod dev if you want to.

Eh, I suppose. It just seems like a lot of the time that they just don't listen on certain changes.

Not listening to a community like this could really cost your mod a good deal of popularity if you make a bad choice. =\