Solid Boilers after 1.5.1. Wood source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My only problem with MFR is... well... it's MFR. I've... had issues with that mod since the Minecraft Version had a 'Beta' in front of it. And nothing it has done lately has changed my mind on that topic.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
My only problem with MFR is... well... it's MFR. I've... had issues with that mod since the Minecraft Version had a 'Beta' in front of it. And nothing it has done lately has changed my mind on that topic.
Care to elaborate?

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that there should be non-trivial recurring costs to resource production. That's really my most basic and fundamental problem with MFR, and why I prefer Forestry2 Multiblock Farms.

Supplying fertilizer is the most annoying part of a Forestry farm. If you want a maintenance-free system, MFR is your best choice.

In the end, that depends on what you feel is "Balanced". Balance for my case is not an issue, for I have far more annoying problems to tackle. Having my tree farms up and running 24/7 is crucial, or my entire system goes offline.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that there should be non-trivial recurring costs to resource production. That's really my most basic and fundamental problem with MFR, and why I prefer Forestry2 Multiblock Farms.

Why would a trivial action require a non-trivial cost?

Considering that collecting wood is among the first three things you do in a Minecraft world, I daresay it doesn't get much more trivial than that.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Tubestuff block breakers with enchanted axes of the stream in them.

Redwoods in your way? Five seconds flat, it's gone. And so is the empty space on your 10 terabyte hard drive.

It'll also **** up the aura in your entire world and you'll need hundreds of crystals for each aura node to keep it somewhat balanced, but sometimes you just need to shut down some of your magic-using enemies. And by shut-down, I mean you need to break the map entirely so nobody can use magic.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Why would a trivial action require a non-trivial cost?

Considering that collecting wood is among the first three things you do in a Minecraft world, I daresay it doesn't get much more trivial than that.
Time is money. In fact, it is the only true valuable resource in all of Minecraft. So removing this dynamic? Shouldn't be trivial.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Time is money. In fact, it is the only true valuable resource in all of Minecraft. So removing this dynamic? Shouldn't be trivial.

to be honest MFR stand up fairly well with that dymanic if it is run by itself. It is when mixed with other mods that the costs get out of line. Like many mods.

The farms are nearly impossable to run full speed if your only useing MFR fertilizer and is in mod production sysetm for that is slow that it requires a crazy amount of anmials to just keep one tree farm running nonstop.

but once you toss other mod ferilizers into the mix yes it becuase silly easy to keep them running all the time with the power use being its only cost.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yo PonyKuu you using Ultimate?, do you have Reliquary on? Try looking up lillipads of growth. They seem to work well with MFR tree cutter things.
They up the rate of tree growth considerably.

/nudgebackontopic

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yo PonyKuu you using Ultimate?, do you have Reliquary on? Try looking up lillipads of growth. They seem to work well with MFR tree cutter things.

/nudgebackontopic
They're also stackable.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

At the point you have Reliquary, and are willing to use it, you can power everything you need power or resource wise with a tome and a source of redstone (witch spawner, bees, IC2 plants, etc)

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
So, in 1.5.1 if I make a galgordian wood cutter and rein. hull I can still produce the same obnoxious wood amounts that I do now? Or will it be slightly off..? etc

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So, in 1.5.1 if I make a galgordian wood cutter and rein. hull I can still produce the same obnoxious wood amounts that I do now? Or will it be slightly off..? etc
Galga is the exact same as the current except more saplings.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Ah, your problem with MFR is that it's TOO useful.
Precisely.

Of course, back then it was also PC's Power Converters mod with the Water Strainers that produced 2 EU/t off of water that could be piped in. Who needed solar flowers when I simply had water strainer towers producing ridiculous amounts of EU? I'm glad they've finally been removed, I shudder to think how effective they would be with Liquiducts and their higher throughput.