So rumors are GregT is now an IC2 dev

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
pff, where is the time where you needed to pump out of the back, front or sides of a macerator and than put it on the top of a furnace...
It's not about being able to pump out items in every direction. It is the ability to configure your setups any way you want.
If you want to go from left to right, it is easy. Right to left, sure. Front to back, go for it.
Then there is the ability to have different outputs , such as sand and gravel from cobble in a pulverizer go in two different directions. Or to have the different inputs into an induction furnace come from two different directions.

Sure the macerator only need one output face, but in the case of what it does, you can only set up your macerator on the left of a furnace, unless you want some convoluted piping.

The input/output configuration on the TE machines is just amazing for being able to customize your processing setups.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
It's not about being able to pump out items in every direction. It is the ability to configure your setups any way you want.
If you want to go from left to right, it is easy. Right to left, sure. Front to back, go for it.
Then there is the ability to have different outputs , such as sand and gravel from cobble in a pulverizer go in two different directions. Or to have the different inputs into an induction furnace come from two different directions.

Sure the macerator only need one output face, but in the case of what it does, you can only set up your macerator on the left of a furnace, unless you want some convoluted piping.

The input/output configuration on the TE machines is just amazing for being able to customize your processing setups.

Fun fact: since MC 1.5 you can in fact pipe to IC2 machines from any side. Here's a thing where I'm inserting sugar into the side of an induction furnace, and pulling sugar charcoal out the top:
48tlh.jpg

Edit: puush fail

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to read about this, it sounds interesting... I hopped on to greg's thread and only saw mentions of it. I would very much appreciate a link :p

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Also, i've been looking here, and i've been seeing changes i have no idea of what they are or where they started. I don't even know what IC2_experimental is, really. I'm highly confused.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
To those thinking Greg's just gonna just be bug fixing are fooling themselves. If he manages to convince the whoever this Player is to include something it's now more likely then ever.
It probably wont be a full gregification but expect some asinine balance changes to occur.

The sky isn't falling but it might rain.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
To those thinking Greg's just gonna just be bug fixing are fooling themselves. If he manages to convince the whoever this Player is to include something it's now more likely then ever.
It probably wont be a full gregification but expect some asinine balance changes to occur.

The sky isn't falling but it might rain.

"Oh, listen to the rhythm of the fallin' rain, telling me what a fool I've been."

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Also, i've been looking here, and i've been seeing changes i have no idea of what they are or where they started. I don't even know what IC2_experimental is, really. I'm highly confused.

New Machines:
Thermal Centrifuge
Metal Former
Ore Washing Plant

All three machines are currently unusable and blow up with 32EU/t.

Macerator makes 2x "Crushed xxx" from an ore
Crushed ore can be smelted for ingots or...
Ore Washing Plant turns crushed ore into purified crushed ore and stone dust
Purified Crushed ore can be smelted for ingots or ...
Thermal Centrifuge turns purified crushed ore into 2x Dust of the same type, and 2x Small dust of a bonus type (and 1x stone dust)

So complete ore processing returns: 4x of the ore type, plus 4/9th of a bonus type.

(.....and we have a new contender in the race to Infinite metal from a Single Ore!!!! Who will be the next challenger?)

Semifluid Generator

General Changes:
New Lead Ore
"Small Pile of xxx dust". Nine of which makes metal dusts
Macerator makes 2x dust from an ore
Construction foam uses stone dust instead of redstone

Plates:Created with a hammer that has durability, 1:1 from an ingot
Hammer uses 5 refined iron to make, and has 80 uses
Metal former can be used to create plates instead of hammer.
Metal Casings require plates
Mixed Metal Ingots now require plates to make, same 3x3 input makes 2 MMI
Most nuclear components now require plates instead of ingots

Casings: Created with the same hammer, 1:1 from a plate
RE-Batteries made with tin casings, not ingots
"Universal Fluid Cell" uses 4 tin casings and a glass plane for every cell
"Empty Cell" still exists , but is uncraftable

Cables:
Copper, Tin, and Gold cables are made with wire cutters uses on plates
2 wire per copper, 3 per tin, 4 per gold. (HV cable cannot currently be made)
(Glass fiber is unchanged)
....or the Metal Former can be used to create the wires. (Currently gold only, and currently the same 1:4 ratio)

Nuclear now includes Plutonium, which is the bonus from centrifuging crushed uranium

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
All three machines are currently unusable and blow up with 32EU/t.

I take this back.

Energy input limitations is no longer per packet, but is rather per tick. So a macerator can receive one and only one 32EU packet per tick. If it receives two, it explodes.

Note, that multiple energy sources will happily send to the same macerator. Such that if there are two batboxes on the line, the macerator will explode.

(This means every single machine needs its own batbox/mfe or transformer, or to be able to receive per tick the maximum transmission capability of all sources on the line.)

Note also: Transformers will explode as well.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I really am new here so I am wondering what all the hate is towards greg, and all the love aswell, I'm a bit confused on the matter. I really hope he doesn't severely ruin it and make it impossible yet has a good difficulty level to it and is polished. Can someone enlighten me to why people love and hate greg?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I take this back.

Energy input limitations is no longer per packet, but is rather per tick. So a macerator can receive one and only one 32EU packet per tick. If it receives two, it explodes.

Note, that multiple energy sources will happily send to the same macerator. Such that if there are two batboxes on the line, the macerator will explode.

(This means every single machine needs its own batbox/mfe or transformer, or to be able to receive per tick the maximum transmission capability of all sources on the line.)

Note also: Transformers will explode as well.

Yay. There's a reason to use higher voltages now, rather than just 32 batboxes on a line.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
So much exploding.

It's funny how Greg says his stuff is "realistic", when in reality whole machines don't just explode when they receive too much energy.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
So much exploding.

It's funny how Greg says his stuff is "realistic", when in reality whole machines don't just explode when they receive too much energy.

Take a large battery, charge it all the way, and then release it into your PC. Things will fry. Things will short circuit. Things will break.

Making things explode is a bit... far, though.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I really am new here so I am wondering what all the hate is towards greg, and all the love aswell, I'm a bit confused on the matter. I really hope he doesn't severely ruin it and make it impossible yet has a good difficulty level to it and is polished. Can someone enlighten me to why people love and hate greg?

Have some cliff notes:

Hate: GregTech severely increases the amount of resources needed for common recipes just by being in a modpack, going to the point of modifying other mods' recipes. Greg's recipes can be seen as adding more "grind" or just extra steps or resource sinks as opposed to "challenge." Many people dislike Greg on a semi-personal (How personal can you know someone on the internet? o_O) level for his abrasive behavior towards users and other modders.

Love: GregTech adds many new interesting features to a mod that many have considered to be dead or stagnant. The drastic overhaul of gameplay in vanilla and modded Minecraft can be considered "challenging" or at least a fresh new take on modded Minecraft. Many recipe changes, such as requiring Titanium for a Diamond Drill, or requiring a Diamond Drill for a Quarry, can be thought of as bringing balance to otherwise overpowered features.

Reactions: jokermatt999

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Yay. There's a reason to use higher voltages now, rather than just 32 batboxes on a line.

This is silly.

First, kill the word voltages from your vocabulary in regards to IC. It's not voltages now, but the word "voltages" is an even worse description in this new system.

Here's how not voltage it is: You can have a generator powering your TV, then you add a million more generators just like it powering the same single TV.

Nothing happens. Your TV doesn't so much as flicker, much less burst into flames.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Take a large battery, charge it all the way, and then release it into your PC. Things will fry. Things will short circuit. Things will break.

No. It won't. Because the computer isn't running on the DC the battery outputs.

Now you could open the case, bypass all normal, cheap, and ubiquitous safety measures and cause it to damage the computer, but that's not the situation occurring here.

Status
Not open for further replies.