So as compensation to all forum users. (Mod Pack Mod List - New Feature Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyonovan

Jul 29, 2019
There are so many mods core mods missing, so many new superflous new ones that I honestly couldn't careless about. This is 1/2 Unleashed, 1/2 something else entirely replacing the other half of Unleashed.

Missing aka "What the hell we're you thinking leaving these out.":

Iron Chests
Ender Storage
Advanced or Compact Solars (you have compact windmills but not solars?! What. o_O)
Extra Bee's
Extra Tree's
Dartcraft
Voxel Map (Opos/Mapwriter is crap)
Factorization (Don't care about JABBA, I didn't use it for barrels. No other mod has solar steam stuff.)
MystCraft
Soul Shards
Portal Gun
Gravity Gun
Logistics Pipes (AE still hasn't figure out how to fill to # so its still a requirement.)
EnchantingPlus
Power Converters
Nether Ores
Gravitation Suite
Modular Power Suites (Really? The trash armor of IC2 is good as it gets now? Pfft. I haven't used that garbage since pre-forge days.)

"Things that should have made it because of popularity since Unleashed came out and they fit the feel of the pack":

Ender I/O
Mekanism
Ars Magicka 2

The "Why are they even here awards" mods.:

Agriculture. Food was never a issue and between all the other mods there already pages of foods, nuts and berries, seeds, it adds nothing besides that and we didn't have anyone asking for more.
IC2. Everything is done better by another mod, this is useless. You could save a ton of space by ditching this and everything associated with it and you wouldn't lose anything.
Better Storage. No thank you, Iron chests is better.
Roguelike Dungeons. This seems really out of place.

Just to be fair, some of these were left out due to bugs. AM2, Extra Bees/Trees are a perfect example. He did say once they are fixed they will most likely be added.

And about the minmap mod. I totally agree. The first thing I have done with both horizons and Direwolf's pack, is disable Opis (Its a server thing anyways) and put in Zans Minimap.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
There are so many mods core mods missing.....

This contains most of the mods that people are questioning so lets go through this list an answer as best as I can

Iron Chests
Not a final decision yet, I just want to take a look at better storage during the testing phase.

Ender Storage.
Currently felt that a lot of the functionality is replicated in other mods. Going to add this onto a list of mods to discuss about adding in on the next test phase.

Advanced or Compact Solars (you have compact windmills but not solars?! What. o_O)
Currently testing windmills in testing to see how they perform, in later packs we will either move to having both or neither.

Extra Bee's
Extra Tree's
With both of these (Binnie's Mods) I am told there is a Forge incompatibility. Binnie is away for another week or 2. Hoping to re add this in once sorted. Binnie is apparently aware of the issue.

Dartcraft
May add this in at a later date, not sure yet if there is going to be a need for it.

This is an opinion, Opis however is going to be in all FTB packs moving forwards, we have plans for it later down the line. We want Opis to be used serverside, however for clientside we may start shipping multiple map mods client side and you can enable the one you want.

Factorization (Don't care about JABBA, I didn't use it for barrels. No other mod has solar steam stuff.)
Spoke to Neptunepink today, got the questions I needed answering sorted. Testing some changes that are being made and will make a final call after that.

MystCraft
I think I made a mistake with this one and it will likely be added back in soon. I just need to work out how we want to handle the configs

Soul Shards
This is not stable at the moment based on our internal testing.

Portal Gun
Gravity Gun
Im still not totally what to do about these 2 mods. Some of the problems I have with the current version are going to be fixed in 1.7 (mainly graphical bugs and players getting stuck in the ground etc. I also have balance concerns with the functionality of the mod (even with the new recipe and the fuel cost). Right now I am swinging towards distributing, turned off by default and adding the fuel cost in the configs, but still going through it all.

Logistics Pipes (AE still hasn't figure out how to fill to # so its still a requirement.)
Its hardly a requirement and if we can get the pack tuned right, I may be able to put it back in, but its to early to tell.

EnchantingPlus
Just no sorry.

Power Converters
Will talk to people about putting this back,but I want to test some stuff before confirming anything.

Nether Ores
Not convinced there is a need for this still. Still debating it internally.

Gravitation Suite
Modular Power Suites (Really? The trash armor of IC2 is good as it gets now? Pfft. I haven't used that garbage since pre-forge days.)
Before we put this in I need to get hold of machinemuse and check on a few things. However I am hopeful this will be in the final release version still.

"Things that should have made it because of popularity since Unleashed came out and they fit the feel of the pack":

Ender I/O
Mekanism
Ars Magicka 2

The "Why are they even here awards" mods.:

Agriculture. Food was never a issue and between all the other mods there already pages of foods, nuts and berries, seeds, it adds nothing besides that and we didn't have anyone asking for more.
IC2. Everything is done better by another mod, this is useless. You could save a ton of space by ditching this and everything associated with it and you wouldn't lose anything.
Better Storage. No thank you, Iron chests is better.
Roguelike Dungeons. This seems really out of place.[/quote]

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
This is an opinion, Opis however is going to be in all FTB packs moving forwards, we have plans for it later down the line. We want Opis to be used serverside, however for clientside we may start shipping multiple map mods client side and you can enable the one you want.

Multiple map choices would be nice.

Soul Shards
This is not stable at the moment based on our internal testing.

Aww :eek: It was useful for mob grinders.

Its hardly a requirement and if we can get the pack tuned right, I may be able to put it back in, but its to early to tell.

It just makes things like the MFR Bioreactor or Planter so much easier to work with when you can set the amount of items that should be stocked inside a device instead of AE just flooding it with the first item it can til it runs out of space.

Nether Ores
Not convinced there is a need for this still. Still debating it internally.

It makes the nether actually worth the time past just draining it for lava.

richardcox13

Jul 29, 2019
And Extra Bees was causing that? That's weird, as tank carts and liquid nitrogen are nothing to do with bees.

As I understand it: yes. The corruption was down to an issue with the fluid dictionary and Bennie's using the wrong API (case of works most of the time). With Binnie away (current version is 1. not even "pre-release", 2. not updated since before MC 1.6.4)... but apparently Binnie is just very busy in RL but should be able to update in the near future.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
for those who say that you can add your own mods, i want your honest opinion on what is easier:

ssp to add:

find the correct version of the mod that works with forge, add it to the pack every time it updates and tweak the config to work with other mods.

smp to add:

find the correct version of the mod that works with forge, add it to the pack every time it updates and tweak the config to work with other mods, THEN send the config to all your clients and tell them what version they need to have

OR

ssp to remove:

in the launcher disable it.

smp to remove:

remove it from the mods folder, clients that connect with it won't be able to use it.

thats why I would personally like most mods (like most of the missing ones listed above) to be there with configs and enabled, you don't want one? disable it, simple. Server owner that doesn't want lag, YOU can disable mystcraft if your server isn't powerful enough (as an example)

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
It just makes things like the MFR Bioreactor or Planter so much easier to work with when you can set the amount of items that should be stocked inside a device instead of AE just flooding it with the first item it can til it runs out of space.
This is the reason I used it too for some parts of my base. And because it is cheaper in large quantities.
I very much prefer the looks of AE, and the sturdy feel.

Note that the functionality you described can probably be done easily using AE interfaces and translocators in recent packs.
Doesn't look like translocators are part of this one though (although I see iChunUtil, I see no other iChun mod?).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I stand pleasantly corrected. Though if I didn't know that the FTB crew might not have. And no they do NOT spend much of there time reading though the FTB forums. Missing that one post. Very doable. Not to mention the new dev will have to build up some trust first. He dousen't even have a proper forum thread yet.

there could be all kinds of reasons. it could be that with the updates from previous versions to the current versions could have changed how the mod works, it could be that there's an incompatibility with other mods or with new mods. but to be honest, I don't know of these problems as I'm not the one who put together the pack.
but a good example, Extra Bees/Trees is a good mod, but is currently excluded from modpacks due to a problem with it and other mods.

As they have yet to mention what mods they are planing on adding to the pack or hopping to add. Nor do they have any written/official reason why they have made any of there decisions. I really love these packs but I have always had problems with a lack of community interaction with the development proses. Rarely if ever asking for community input. Or talking about there decisions.
Even the mod suggestion thread is something they rarely look at. :/[DOUBLEPOST=1386806152][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you would read my post i did say i understand why there is no reliquary
Hard to tell with your phrasing. :/[DOUBLEPOST=1386806218][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's because I don't really care about this "OP" that you are talking about. It's not relevant to me, so of course I can't tell you. I just didn't find the mod to be all that engaging.
I wasn't specifically asking you to say why. I was asking if anybody could say why.

[DOUBLEPOST]
MystCraft
I think I made a mistake with this one and it will likely be added back in soon. I just need to work out how we want to handle the configs
If it helps you decision this is from Myst's to do list...
SMP
  • Provide Administrator Control: Number of Ages
  • Provide Administrator Control: Size of Ages
  • Provide Administrator Control: Written Age Verification
http://binarymage.com/mystcraft-dev-page/

Not even the remotest hint of a ETA or even that he has started working on it. Though if someone were to give him some general gentile prodding... :D

[DOUBLEPOST]
Multiple map choices would be nice.
Should be easy for them to do so. I once had all 3 maps installed with out any compatibility issues. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1386807530][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gravitation Suite
(Really? The trash armor of IC2 is good as it gets now? Pfft. I haven't used that garbage since pre-forge days.)

With the previous changes to IC2 and upcoming additions to TE IC2 is general will become unused for everything. The only thing it currently has going for it is speed. And TE has upgraded machines in coming.

Last edited:

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Even the mod suggestion thread is something they rarely look at.
Not true, i get alerted everytime someone posts there. Some of those mods are already tracked by us and might get a chance in the future. The suggestion threads purpose is just to inform us of mods we might not have seen yet. Whether we include the suggested mod or not is an entirely different story.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Not true, i get alerted everytime someone posts there. Some of those mods are already tracked by us and might get a chance in the future. The suggestion threads purpose is just to inform us of mods we might not have seen yet. Whether we include the suggested mod or not is an entirely different story.

Really??? Ha that's not what another FTB teem member implied. Ah, well I certainly feel better knowing that someone is actually looking at it.
I think you for that and keep up the good work. :D

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Man I really hope that Binnie's Mods get fix and added into the pack.

Also I was looking foward to play Blood Magic more than Ars Magicka 2 but it's not in the Pack.

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
EnchantingPlus
Just no sorry.

May I ask why, is there another mod providing equal funtions? I used this mod before I came across FTB and somehow it was a nice rework of vanilla enchanting...
I know FTB adds many things, I would like to know what is the cause for this mod to be obsolete^^?
Also, will it possibly be optional like in 1.5.2?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask why, is there another mod providing equal funtions? I used this mod before I came across FTB and somehow it was a nice rework of vanilla enchanting...
I know FTB adds many things, I would like to know what is the cause for this mod to be obsolete^^?
Also, will it possibly be optional like in 1.5.2?

The standard OP OP OP is the most likely explanation. I like OP stuff but that mod takes the entire point of enchanting away. You might as well do away with enchanting and make the tools and weapons have those enhancements by default. It takes nothing to earn the XP to do the enchaining. You don't even have to go hunting with a good mod pack.

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
true, sadly the vanilla enchanting is a bit dumb... Seriously, a wizard not knowing what he does^^? Thats like avada kedavra to the mirror...
In vanilla it took quite some time to earn the XP and then you do a L30 Enchantment and get eff III, congrats for the diamond pick you will never use again^^... And that where only the minor things, on armor and weapons the vanilla randomness got even worse. After some days of digging it's not that I lack the ressources, but still I don't like to waste half of it.
I know enchanting plus is somehow OP, that's why I asked if there is something other revamping enchantments. I am an absolute supporter of achieving something, but a random generator leaving you with useless crap is a good reason to take the OP alternative instead... Enchanting plus may take the biggest point of enchanting, but vanilla enchanting is just useless and unsatisfactory...

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Bzzzzt wrong!! it was in fact Computercraft that caused the bug by breaking the mod, something in which it (CC) can do to many mods. So rather than remove the culprit they removed the mod which it breaks.

I would like to see if the bug can be reproduced without using turtles, I certainly couldn't do so.

I can tell you for sure Binnies mod messes with Fluid registry I tested it over and over. I even have a witch video showing me testing it. We originally thought it was WAILA but ProfMobius went through the code and found that it was definately not WAILA because it is read only and doesn't modify anything.

I will try to give you the issue.

If you take a bucket of say molten iron and put it in a tank...any tank, or place it in the world it will turn into say "molten invar"..this is just an example not for sure. You pick up "molten invar" in a bucket it turns back into "molten Iron".

We tracked it down to Binnies mod, so yes it was removed until he fixes the issues that it is causing.

So unless you get a test world and try removing 1 mod at a time there you go. Also it causes issues with NEI recipes, brownstone needing molten Many anyone? That's what the recipe showed but tin worked fine seeing as when you take molten tin and place it in a container it turned into molten many :p

http://www.twitch.tv/radarforhomys/c/3314482

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
true, sadly the vanilla enchanting is a bit dumb... Seriously, a wizard not knowing what he does^^? Thats like avada kedavra to the mirror...
In vanilla it took quite some time to earn the XP and then you do a L30 Enchantment and get eff III, congrats for the diamond pick you will never use again^^... And that where only the minor things, on armor and weapons the vanilla randomness got even worse. After some days of digging it's not that I lack the ressources, but still I don't like to waste half of it.
I know enchanting plus is somehow OP, that's why I asked if there is something other revamping enchantments. I am an absolute supporter of achieving something, but a random generator leaving you with useless crap is a good reason to take the OP alternative instead... Enchanting plus may take the biggest point of enchanting, but vanilla enchanting is just useless and unsatisfactory...

Thamic Tinkerer can handle the "Normal" enchantments, if you still want them, with the kind of precision that E plus can do. But requires time and know how to set up.
Tinkerers construct can make tools better than diamond in every way and power up tools to a equal or greater level than normal enchanting could ever hope to do. Though it also takes time and know how to do so. And lots of resources.
And neither will take that long for most players to set up. A couple weeks if you are very casual about playing.

There are also a couple of mods that can handle normal random enchanting better than vanilla. An XP farm and an enchanting tutle or there's also something from open blocks.
So E Plus is way unnecessary. And the other ways are way more fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: jokermatt999

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I can tell you for sure Binnies mod messes with Fluid registry I tested it over and over. I even have a witch video showing me testing it. We originally thought it was WAILA but ProfMobius went through the code and found that it was definately not WAILA because it is read only and doesn't modify anything.

I will try to give you the issue.

If you take a bucket of say molten iron and put it in a tank...any tank, or place it in the world it will turn into say "molten invar"..this is just an example not for sure. You pick up "molten invar" in a bucket it turns back into "molten Iron".
[snip]

Thx a lot to make the problem clear. I think i will wait for an update from Binnie and then generate a Mystcraft age for the hives.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I totally agree! Try getting Haste 3 or other non-vanilla-enchants on a book... It'll take a while, even with a tier 5 xp farm. Since souls shards most likely won't be a part of the new pack, it's almost impossible to get the enchant before you get the quantum boots unless you spend hours and hours in front of a vanilla-spawner.
I don't care what mod it is but please add a similar one and simply disable it by defsult.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I totally agree! Try getting Haste 3 or other non-vanilla-enchants on a book... It'll take a while, even with a tier 5 xp farm. Since souls shards most likely won't be a part of the new pack, it's almost impossible to get the enchant before you get the quantum boots unless you spend hours and hours in front of a vanilla-spawner.
I don't care what mod it is but please add a similar one and simply disable it by defsult.
Just set up an MFR setup and leave it running while you do something else, come back and find a pile of enchanted books.

Status
Not open for further replies.