Simple Recycling - GregTech-like tool recycling, without the Greg

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Download page. Does not require Immibis Core or any other mods.

Simple Recycling is a tiny mod that allows you to smelt undamaged metal tools and armour back into ingots, like so:
5FJuG.png

If you have IC2 installed, you can also macerate them:
5FJwF.png

Macerating works for all tools with a dust form, not just metal tools:
5FJzE.png

Same for pulverizing:

7NoSs.png

And that is literally all this mod does.

Compatibility notes, for modpack authors:

To detect tools, this mod takes each known tool material, and tries crafting it in certain shapes. Specifically: a pickaxe shape, a shovel shape, a hoe shape, a sword shape, an axe shape, a shears shape, a RP2-like sickle shape, a chestplate shape, a leggings shape, a boots shape, and a helmet shape.
Tools whose only crafting recipe does not follow one of these patterns will not be detected.
Tools that are not detected can be added manually to the config file.

To detect tool materials, the mod tries the first item from every ore dictionary name, as well as any items specified in the config. Materials starting with "ingot" in the ore dictionary, or added to the "ingots" config option, will be smeltable. Materials not starting with "ingot", or added to the "gems" config option, will require macerating.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Version 57.1.0 allows you to add tools to the config file, if they don't follow a supported crafting pattern (e.g. wrenches)

will compatibility be added for things other than the macerator? Like the pulveriser from TE, or the crusher from Mekanism?
I would prefer not to spam more recipe lists, or install more APIs. Maybe if someone wants this for a modpack without IC2.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Version 57.1.0 allows you to add tools to the config file, if they don't follow a supported crafting pattern (e.g. wrenches)

I would prefer not to spam more recipe lists, or install more APIs. Maybe if someone wants this for a modpack without IC2.

Bit hard to use in several of our modpacks. TE integration would be useful for the modpack team. Also Mariculture and TiCon and Railcraft's rockcrusher. THough Just IC2 and TE would cover about 85% of the modpacks. IC2 only only covers about 25% of the packs.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
TE support would be very much welcomed!

Most of the TE stuff is done via IMC these days so no need for API calls even :D

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Recipes and fuels can be added with IMC, but I'd still need the API to get recipes.

For example, when it finds cobblestone pickaxes, it needs to find out what cobblestone pulverizes to (gravel and sand), and then add a recipe from cobblestone pickaxes to that.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Recipes and fuels can be added with IMC, but I'd still need the API to get recipes.

For example, when it finds cobblestone pickaxes, it needs to find out what cobblestone pulverizes to (gravel and sand), and then add a recipe from cobblestone pickaxes to that.

Hmm. As far as I know KL hasn't got one for that. Though can you not use the same list as you do to produce the IC2 maceration one? Either way you could ask KL for an IMC to get the recipes if it is that important.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to see a new mod from you, Immibis! I'd really take a look into TE. I, for one, don't have it in my current modpack, but it's certainly popular right now.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd be happy to just have the smelting support for Thermal Expansion. Don't really need pulverisation support.

Reactions: Digdug

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Smelting support should already happen - Redstone Furnaces use the same recipe list as vanilla furnaces AFAIK.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Added this to my mod pack last night, worked well, was able to turn Mekanism armour/tools from mob drops back into their ingots apart from the Mekanism Steel equipment. That refused to be turned back into Ingots. Perhaps a "conflict" because Railcraft is also installed, and both mods have their own steel and steel armour/tools.

Apart from that, gives a use to those old tools & mob drops.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Added this to my mod pack last night, worked well, was able to turn Mekanism armour/tools from mob drops back into their ingots apart from the Mekanism Steel equipment. That refused to be turned back into Ingots. Perhaps a "conflict" because Railcraft is also installed, and both mods have their own steel and steel armour/tools.
That is likely. If you can't craft something from steel ingots, this mod will not detect it.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it's probably because Mekanism's steel equipment is crafted with steel and iron ingots, rather then just straight steel.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Actually, it's probably because Mekanism's steel equipment is crafted with steel and iron ingots, rather then just straight steel.
Ah, never actually checked the crafting recipe for the Mek steel stuff. That will explain that. At least I can recycle the Osmium, that's good enough for me!