Show Your Agrarian Skies world

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
You pull out the reusable safari net containing the skeleton and replace it with one containing a blizz and you block off your witch water source block. :p

Pray tell, how do you find Blizz's? I can't seem to figure it out. I'd like to at least see one.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Unless blaze's turn to blizz's in snow/ice biomes I can't see how you can unless there's a lucky reward of a blizz egg.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Pray tell, how do you find Blizz's? I can't seem to figure it out. I'd like to at least see one.

Blizzes spawn on snow blocks in cold biomes. I had taiga nearby in the flat platform map. Went up pretty high to get out of range of the magnum torches protecting my main platform, built a basic spawn darkroom, floored it with snow blocks. voila, blizzes. Snagged the first one in a reusable safari net, haven't been back up there since. Rope ladders give me the creeps.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm stubborn. Just hit 5% on the lettuce gathering with just myself and bonemeal. It'll take forever, but until I get a more reliable source of redstone, I'm stuck doing things by hand.
This pack needs Magic Crops. It'd still take forever, but at least the redstone income would be reliable.
Natura's Bloodwood trees from the nether/reward bag. Fully harvestable with a MFR Harvester. Although the wood is junk (can't be made into charcoal) they drop redstone.

The only problem is that they need netherrack, soul sand, or Natura's nether dirt to grow on, and an Autonomous Activator to plant, since they grow down, not up. Which isn't a problem in a skyblock map.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed my pics. The last imagehoster trolled me.

No update from me today. my world died due to updating the pack to the 2.0.2 version. damn item ID changes.
I am starting a new world, but I will go a bit further on the quest path before i try to do anything pretty this time around.

Argh... thats annoying so much work lost.

It is nice when your artificial hives deliver the goods.
jyEPyt5.jpg
Skeleton->Wither spawner converted over to Blizzes. You don't need too many of these for the gelid quest.
aBkPh9h.jpg
500,000 Oak wood and counting. Halfway there! All those planters/harvesters will be switched over to cabbages which are going really slowly even with `5 ~13x13 farms.
edXUGvM.jpg

Base gets messy, I clean it up. A day later it is a mess again with TE conduit/ductwork everywhere.

Hmm... nice idea the iron spikes in the mob-farm. I have never used these spikes.

Try to cover the ducts with microblocks and you will have a nice clean base. ;)
Most of the walls in my house are filled with ducts and conduits.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
I don't make pretty things usually until I'm well set up. First priority is collection and security. Making sure I have food, home, and materials. Once I get that done, I'll move a hundred blocks out from my current platform and start building my palace. Wish we had marble. Stuff looks good for a castle. Oh well. White dyed stone bricks are pretty close.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Try to cover the ducts with microblocks and you will have a nice clean base. ;)
Most of the walls in my house are filled with ducts and conduits.

The thing about covering everything in those pictures? None of it is there anymore. Made 750k oak, then upgraded pack and the quest was reduced to 100-150k, so the tree farms are gone. Ice was reduced from 500k to something much smaller so the glacial precipitator farm is gone. Glass and Clear Glass were both reduced from 150k each to something trivial right before I finished that, lol, so most of my sand line is gone. Don't need to grind withers, blizzes, or witches so that autospawner has been switched to cows to get me a bit quicker through the liquid meat quest. Spikes ripped out, slaughterhouse installed.

I setup a system, meet whatever requirements I needed the system for then tear it all down and throw it into the spare machines chest for reuse on new projects. Didn't take long playing with FTB to realize leaving systems set up wasn't worth the lag or the material costs.

The only things I clean up and or keep clean are things that stay around forever like the core of an AE network, TC infusion crafting, blood altar area, multi-use crop farms, mob grinder, etc.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Just a suggestion buddy, but invest in a pair of elevator blocks to replace that ladder. I'm slowly phasing out my rope ladder and water ladder usage, replacing them with Elevators.

Eventually course I don't really ever go up to the top of my mob farm... like ever... so waste of items really right now.

Just have been putting together my AE and automating ore processing.

kuhwan

Jul 29, 2019
Was browsing through and decided to share my agrarian skies world too :D

Initial Builds, ugly as heck but was functional to get started and what i needed
RSBhNy5.png

Sacrificial and ritual level, with a villager spawner for sacrifice :(
uF5iEky.png

Finally got started and have enough resources to get started on..more...aesthetically pleasing buildings ahahaha
fOKru6W.png

Starting from the left the power generators
cpkF3Pc.png

Then my AE main house and next to it ore sifting/processing
Q9Ejszh.png

5Q4AeVu.png

And the latest addition to the extreme right is the mob spawner[stolen from Purplementat's video - it is extremely efficient!]
as well as my sakura tree
fKPPpKu.png

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
@kuhwan I quite like those glowstone strips that you've got there
Do they actually give off light?
Microblocks of any block that gives off light gives off the same amount of light(or at least some level of light).

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, starting over with the update. First few bags give me slime, amaranth, and bloodwood saplings. Finally my redstone prayers are answered... then find out bloodwood trees are HUGE. Had to put together a rope ladder to go remove the 'top' half of the tree from under the island. But, hey, redstone! XD

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yay, starting over with the update. First few bags give me slime, amaranth, and bloodwood saplings. Finally my redstone prayers are answered... then find out bloodwood trees are HUGE. Had to put together a rope ladder to go remove the 'top' half of the tree from under the island. But, hey, redstone! XD

I know that feel. They're annoying as hell to cut down.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Harvesters work wonders here. Point them at the highest part of the tree and they harvest downwards.

Skyblock or void ages are perfect for this. No need to dig way down or go way up to plant them.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Harvesters work wonders here. Point them at the highest part of the tree and they harvest downwards.

Skyblock or void ages are perfect for this. No need to dig way down or go way up to plant them.

True and true, but I tell you, bloodwood tools... Mmm mmm mmmmm, Nothing like 'em for that cheap a resource. Not to mention a cheap alternative to shears with the Kama.

Deven

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, here's where I put it :D I posted the video to show Jaded my Alter for Blood Magic, but this was also to show my viewers a sneak peek how my world was shaping up because I'm a little more ahead than my series where building is concerned and it was killing me that they hadn't seen it (I can't keep a secret either...sigh). So one of my fav viewers said I should post here and I'm glad she did cause I didn't even know you all were here! Man I can't wait to look over this thread (dives in). Please check to see if I'm breathing in a few hours :D Thanks

P.S. don't get mad at me for fussin' at Jaded, I derive great pleasure from fussin' at Jaded :D

Reactions: cannajan

kuhwan

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, just some updates in my world
A few new buildings/areas
wX8avCP.png

Firstly the dirt processing facility(with a WIP smeltery below, still thinking of how to put it
hr39exV.png

Next up, the tree farm, it started with a treealyzed oak sapling, insane amount of saplings when shearing leaves, but doesn't give you leaves instead :(
could see my taiga biome hive area(took me ages to figure out how to get the dumb bee
iZBxl2C.png

Main highlight of my week! MY FIRST REACTOR! YAY :D
swiP60h.png

and that meanssssssssss...goodbye lava dynamos, HELLO FPS!

2a1EHzM.png

now to think of what to do with that 2 story building i had for my dynamos, hmmmmm

Reactions: Gimply Goose