Show Your Agrarian Skies world

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Oo
I like what you've done with this!
(stealing idea and adapting for my own use)

In case you are wondering how to fit two sets of pipes in a 1 block space, think of two nested "E"s. One turned 180 degrees from the other. The main pipes each run on opposite sides of the room and extend fingers out to each row of machines. Neither one overlaps.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So...while everyone else created such awesome-looking and fully automated structures, my world is...nowhere near as awesome or as automated. In fact, it's not awesome at all and almost completely unautomated (Only my farm is mostly-automated)
First of all, my mostly-automated farm area. The cobble hides a sludge boiler and the dirt hides a tree farm (That's unautomated, because I need to keep replanting the trees). Also, the soul sand is my nether wart farm (The sand fresh from the Nether)
21ensl2.png

Next is my animal pen, which is now mostly unused since I started using potatoes. 17 mooshrooms and 2 chickens inside.
15fizoy.png

Dark room for monsters to spawn in so I can kill them and a nether portal. I'm thinking of making my blood altar next to the monster room.

1z1uutv.png

Cobblestone generator and smeltery + vat. Pretty self explanatory.
34q47iv.png

My original farm + fruit trees. I've pretty much abandoned it for now, but I'll automatize it later (Or soon if I could be bothered to power my fruit picker).
301lfgn.png

Frontal view of my main island with a view of most of the machines I have. They're powered by a magmatic dynamo, fueled by crucibles. There's a sieve with an automatic...however it's spelled sieving whatever I deposit in it behind the array.

2i0dp1z.png

View of the back of the island: Sugar cane farm + barrels for creating dirt. There's a patch of mycelium behind the house in this shot which allows me to make witch water, which I don't really need at the moment due to having plenty of soul sand.

10ptw7t.png

Finally, the inside of the house: 3 slab furnaces, a whole bunch of chests, took making stations and a bed.

2exmtfc.png

Yeah, my map is a complete mess. Any tips on how to improve it are welcome.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
So...while everyone else created such awesome-looking and fully automated structures, my world is...nowhere near as awesome or as automated. In fact, it's not awesome at all and almost completely unautomated (Only my farm is mostly-automated)
[snip]
Yeah, my map is a complete mess. Any tips on how to improve it are welcome.

You should start on some power.
5-6 Cobble in a Crucible (7xbonemeal/clay) makes lava. if you have the Ores make a Magmatic Dynamo.
Then work on automating everything.
Note: Autonomous Activators were nerfed by JadedCat.
They are awesome to use the Sieve automatically.

MFR is excellent for farms.
You can "chain" infected trees together (plant 3x. use 1x silkworm)
When they're all infected chop down 1 (and use crook for more worms) and re-plant. the leaves will then be infected in turn.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so here is a little tour of my island ^^

http://imgur.com/a/yEqTa

Here is my island with is 3 basements :) (done using a flight potion for info :p)
On the first picture, we see, from left to right, the MFR tree farm (9x9, oak and rubber), the nether portal, the dirt production and me network (beside the house in the back), the blood magic altar tier 2, the clay production (up front), a smeltery (used mainly for alloys), the high oven, some barrel (with block on metal in them, coming from last basement!), behind the tree their is a few cobble gen connected to a DSU, then a carrot/potato farm, a tomato farm, a ender lily farm (endstone with smeltery :D) and a sugar cane farm, all not automated yet and the mob trap (cursed earth). Also, another room for blaze spawning and a mess of pipe in the t shape which is where my production was before.

Second pic is my big reactor (4x4, 4 rods) with two ender cell (full since my downstair production is not running atm, problem with hammers!) and au autoanvil

Third and fourth pic is production room. In there, 18 cyclic assembler for gravel and sand ore, 4 sieves with 3 activator each (2 gravel, one sand and one dust) 14 pulveriser, 4 igneous extruder (yea more production then use, next set of DSU will be for dust and gravel (got one for sand already) and a line of barrel on the third pic are leftover gravel/sand ore from previous setup. The 4 activator close to them are the hammering station, in progress of automating (diamond unbreaking 3 fortune 3 hammers) the back row of barrel/the one on 4th pic is other ressources from sieving (one day, will be sent into me network)

Last pic is smelteries. I added cyclic assemblers because I was producing too much dust ore and needed buffer/compaction. The duct on diamond chest are whitelisted. Still need to automate lava (which is all in my ME network atm)

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
That's a pretty decent ore-gen set up.
I hadn't thought of using hammers with unbreaking etc. Or the cyclic assemblers.
I pump all my dusts/crushed/broken directly into the smelters.
AE to pump out the liquids to the block form.

I need about 6 levels to 2 smelters to manage all of it.
I've got 2 sieves per type (dust/sand/gravel) each with 6 activators on.

:) excess ores of everything. About 2 stacks of emeralds and diamonds.

Side note. Be careful of rubber trees. I had a couple of sacred rubber tree saplings pop up.
Quick google later left me gobsmacked.
In a new creative map it's being chopped down by a harvester with shear leaves.
I'm at 150k wood/rubber and its still no where near the leaves. :)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
The sacred rubber that get into your farms like this are "fake" from what i heard. Anyway i filled the planter with normal one and if those sacred get into the pipe they go to a trash can

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Fake how?
It has the same ID as the one I planted in my creative map. I'm thinking of building a massive bridge way away and actually using one legit. :)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You get and id:8
The on you plant is id:1

Anyway whitelist regular rubber sapling or filling the planter is easy :3

darkreaper_44

Jul 29, 2019
You get and id:8
The on you plant is id:1

Anyway whitelist regular rubber sapling or filling the planter is easy :3
Did you plant the sapling by hand or machine?

Machine might change the item ID, but then again maybe the ID changes to let it know its still a rubber tree? cause i heard theres one for each tree or something? not to sure on this one.

Will come back later to post a screenshot of my base :D (which im going to delete, and make a small smp server for I and few friends, but cant get it running atm :x)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten the sacred rubber tree saplings when I've broken the saplings planted by the MFR planter by hand. I make sure to discard those. So far, as long as I've let the MFR machines plant and harvest the saplings (without me interfering), I've not gotten any sacred rubber trees.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing AgSkies and unless you've changed your configs there isn't 3124:4
3124 is the rubber sapling
3124:1 is the sacred rubber sapling.

There isn't a sacred tree for any other ones.
And the machines wouldn't change the ID or no one would use the mod (random effects)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
And the machines wouldn't change the ID or no one would use the mod (random effects)

It is what happens and people do still use the mod but because the "random effects" are nothing but cosmetic(albeit unintended), no one cares.

In fact you could cause the same thing to happen to oak logs with the old dartcraft wrench when it forcibly picked up any block. They'd have something like 1254 metadata or some such. It's a fall back in the code that instead of crashing just uses a retarded metadata.

Reactions: Padfoote

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
We've already established the the machine doesn't. Random chance while breaking the leaves/saplings to drop a sacred

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
We've already established the the machine doesn't. Random chance while breaking the leaves/saplings to drop a sacred

The ID changes cosmetically as I've said before. The sacred that drops is fake. It doesn't matter how the leaves are broken either.

Reactions: Padfoote

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have started on soul sand and netherrack automation along with automating cobble, smoothstone and obsidian. I already had water generation for the soul sand, and a lava pipe for the netherrack, so I figured I would automate the last 3 since the pipes were so close.

2014-05-03_11.44.08.png 2014-05-03_11.44.58.png 2014-05-03_11.45.37.png

I'm getting ready to go full tilt with sifting resources... I've done all this work automating different parts of my base, and still haven't created a mob spawner, and everything is *still* made out of cobble. lol.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

AFAIK the only way to get a legitimate sacred sapling is through a very rare chance in a jungle temple. Hoff knows what he's talking about with this, it's been proven by several players before.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have started on soul sand and netherrack automation along with automating cobble, smoothstone and obsidian. I already had water generation for the soul sand, and a lava pipe for the netherrack, so I figured I would automate the last 3 since the pipes were so close.

View attachment 10973 View attachment 10974 View attachment 10975

I'm getting ready to go full tilt with sifting resources... I've done all this work automating different parts of my base, and still haven't created a mob spawner, and everything is *still* made out of cobble. lol.
A comment on that, item ducts work putting into barrels (from the top only) but with your set-up there, the hoppers are redundant unless you're wanting a buffer at each barrel. (it may also speed things up a bit compared to regular item ducts but just letting you know if you want to save some resources)