Show Your Agrarian Skies world

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I'd share my world. It's not as epic as some I've seen on here though. Some helpful tips on how to make it look better will be welcome. I've not uploaded pictures before so I hope this works.

https://imgur.com/a/fT7mp#0

It's a nice base. Even your machine area is rather well laid out. I like how you are using contours instead of flat pads. There are a few designers and builders that are just way over the top and put most other mere mortals to shame. There is nothing in your build you should be ashamed of. Even the exposed AE cable in the one picture is ok. With the mods in this pack, hiding AE cables is not easy. Many builders (myself included) make several iterations of a build or area before we are happy with it. I love the details you have placed in the world. ie. countertop in "kitchen" and plants and reeds around the fishing/squid area.

The one piece of constructive criticism I can give is about the torch spam. A couple ways around it. 1) the thaumcraft lamp, 2) hide glowstone nooks, strips or covers under microblock covers. They still emit light, but will be entirely hidden under a cover, so you won't have any need for visible torches.

I believe blizzes need a snow block, and not just snow to spawn, but I am not entirely sure.

Reactions: MiniMoggie

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback and I'll come up with something for get rid of or reduce the torches and I'll try the snow blocks too. Might be fun to add them to the area.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
2014-05-11_113606.png
My second world, 1st one I was extremely advanced and had a game breaking crash so restarted. The lake is almost the exact shape of the swamp biome, hate that ugly grass. In the foreground is the beginnings of my big turbine, barn at the back is full of mfr animal farms, and the house is kinda keralis stylee :)

Top left corner is my mobfarm, has only 10x10 spawning space using 4 grinders and an auto spawner inside for the essentials(blazes, endermen and witches mainly). Mob farm I placed in Magical Forest for the essence and beans.

2014-05-11_113819.png
View from the rear of the house showing the blood altar and my basic rituals(contained cats, hehe). The wooden auto spawner setup above the blood altar is temporary, spawning villagers to power through blood magic, eventually will move it below(well of suffering already in place) and spawn witches instead of villagers for the passive LP generation(random ocelots just ain't cutting it :p). Thaumcraft area is kinda temporary, only the infusion altar will stay where it is. probably will move the essentia system underneath.
2014-05-11_113403.png
One advantage of making a terraformed island, ton of space in the basement. 2 MACs are visible here, the baby 3x3 one is a subnetwork I use for crafting together all the sieved stuff before moving it into my main system. The 7x7x3 big reactor currently provides all my power, and is all ready for the move over to steam, which is why i didn't build a monster reactor.
2014-05-11_113432.png
Techie basement mainly concerned with storage and automation.

2014-05-11_114101.png
About the only complete room I have so far(apart from lighting).

Didn't bother showing the sieving system, you seen one, you seen em all

Scarecrow560

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding blizz, not sure if you are after the blizz powder of the mob itself (haven't gotten that far), you can fluid transposer a snowball with destabilized redstone and get blizz powder.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding blizz, not sure if you are after the blizz powder of the mob itself (haven't gotten that far), you can fluid transposer a snowball with destabilized redstone and get blizz powder.

find a taiga biome and build a mob spawner out of snowblocks, that'll spawn blizz ;)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Have you every built something in your head, and it seemed perfect, but when you executed it, it turned out just awful? I just built a manual smeltery area inside my castle courtyard, and thought red brick would be a nice contrast to the seared stone I have everywhere else, but I hate it. I really, really hate it. The scale is all wrong, and the colors look more whimsical than integrated. bah.

I think I'm going to have to tear it down and move it below ground where I can make things any size I want without worrying about building scale.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Have you every built something in your head, and it seemed perfect, but when you executed it, it turned out just awful? I just built a manual smeltery area inside my castle courtyard, and thought red brick would be a nice contrast to the seared stone I have everywhere else, but I hate it. I really, really hate it. The scale is all wrong, and the colors look more whimsical than integrated. bah.

I think I'm going to have to tear it down and move it below ground where I can make things any size I want without worrying about building scale.
I feel ya, I spent a good 2-3 hours yesterday building a place for my bees, stood back and hated it, got my bound pickaxe to it and started over. I'm sure many of us do the same thing.

I've got into the habit of making a "palette" of the all blocks I want to use before I begin building so I'm happy that all the colours will work together. It helps, but sometimes a build just doesn't work and it has to be redone from the ground up before you will be happy with it. Sometime you just have to be prepared to knock down those builds you just don't like, or it can annoy you for a long time.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, Finally got around to screenshotting my island.

zWZH3Hg.png
My under island Bloodwood set up.
CRd4AlF.png
My animals, high oven, wart farm, storage room, and planting area.
J5jrdlT.png
The small island in the magic forest biome and a good view of the main island itself.
izji0Hy.png
My Enderman Spawner station setup. Low tech and only running when I need it for now.
uOtQ63y.png
The interior of the starter house, a bit cramped, along with my auto seiving.
UnH96RP.png
My infinite pool, food source, and lava production dump. Along with pulverizer, transposer, and magma crucible.
uVfTl4V.png
My cobble production area and buffer.
6Nhhfki.png
Bloodwood Harvester/Sludge boiler power set up.
WmTWsJf.png
Energy storage, Harvester, Log storage, and sapling output pipe for dirt.
lzaVNiu.png
Sludge line and power line for sludge boiler upstairs.
G2yC8xR.png

Gu0CI0K.png
Sludge boiler and control toggle. That thing hurts. XD
hJmD3sM.png

jBKS0iG.png
And finally, everyone's favorite part, Dirt production. Made from only the finest Bloodwood Saplings.
HJvnUt7.png
Lemme know what ya think.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiniMoggie

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while, since I've posted any updates on my castle. I'm in the process of completely rebuilding everything. I've got my final lower level being built. It will be tall enough for a 6 high room, a ceiling and a floor, plus a layer of cobble in between making the floors 3 thick. That extra thickness is going to help hide the AE cable since there is no buildcraft for the facades.

I moved my manual smeltery to the lower level and have it placed in a 11 x 13 room. This is where I will make all of my weapons, and small batch alloys (and lots and lots of chisels--alumite/slime). I wanted this mostly manual, but still have the occasional semi-automatic production for when I want a little clear glass or a handful of alloy ingots. (Or simply clearing out the smeltery after I'm done making the tools I need.) To that end, I have added two levers using the same trick I did earlier for my seared stone production. The lever on the right goes to a casting table with an ingot cast, and the one on the left goes to a casting basin hidden in the floor. Both of these have item ducts and servos to automatically pull any items out and feed it to my storage chest.

2014-05-24_23.42.53.png

2014-05-24_23.43.08.png

Next, I have put together my automated thaumcraft shard production. Most of the blocks for shards can be auto-crafted in AE, then fed into the activator pairs. I have a vacuum hopper for the 5 regular shards area, and a separate one for the earth shards. I plan on replacing the redstone clock with a MFR rednet controller to make it a bit slower to activate as the redstone clock from extra utilities is a little faster than I would like. Any broken dirt blocks are recycled back into the system. If grass is grown on the block, it will simply vanish when hit by the hammer with a low chance to create an earth shard. Right now, it is semi-automated, but later on, it will be fully integrated into AE along with level emitters to keep a specific amount of shards on hand at all times for any of my crafting needs.

Since earth shards are only created from grass blocks hit with a hammer, I set up a way to auto-generate the grass blocks (without silk touch). This is the same way mossy cobble was created en mass with redpower2. The piston pushed the center block, and the grass on either side has a chance of growing on the dirt as it gets pushed towards the hammer at the end of the line. I may have to add a TC4 defense golem if I start getting passive mob spawns in the room due to the grass.

2014-05-24_23.41.46.png

2014-05-24_23.42.13.png

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
You crammed a lot in that island footprint. I'm impressed!
Well, I build vertically more than horizontally, that's to my advantage. That and I've found that the lava gen power set up could be tiled ad infinitum as long as you take the time to disconnect the pipes properly.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
A small little update. Here is my rebuilt sifting room. (Please excuse the mess of the ceiling. I have yet to tear out my old tree farm above.) I have several sets of pulverizers each being fed by their own igneous extruder. The first set makes dust, the next sand, and the last gravel. The output is fed into the barrels. From there, the tubes snake across the floor into their own sifting room. Eventually, there will be 3 autonomous activators on each sifter, but for now, I only have the 1. A vacuum hopper sits above the sifters with 3 item tube attachments. This will pull 3 stacks of materials out each and every time and hopefully will be enough to keep up with the sifting operation. I can add 2 more connections if necessary.

The real nice part of my setup is not the room, but the AE connections. Each barrel is attached to a storage bus to provide sand, dust, gravel and soul sand where needed. Behind the igneous extruders are AE level emitters. These will provide a signal and turn off the igneous extruders and thereby the gravel, sand, and dust production as necessary. As the barrels fill up, the production lines start shutting down. I plan on having 3 or 4 total lines running. I should be able to produce slightly more than 9 AA's can sift. If for some reason, AE stops functioning, I have a trash can attached to the end of the line to absorb any excess production.

2014-05-27_00.47.23.png 2014-05-27_00.49.44.png 2014-05-27_00.51.15.png 2014-05-26_13.19.54.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
seeing as I've gotten to a point where I don't really feel like playing my world anymore, I guess I can post some screenshots.
reason why I've lost interest is because I'm down to the last quest, and it's kind of impossible to complete
I was kind of middle in the re-arranging some part of my world, so excuse me if not everything is complete

here's an imgur album to the screenshots, to not spam the forum with images
http://imgur.com/a/PDFJ7

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
seeing as I've gotten to a point where I don't really feel like playing my world anymore, I guess I can post some screenshots.
reason why I've lost interest is because I'm down to the last quest, and it's kind of impossible to complete
I was kind of middle in the re-arranging some part of my world, so excuse me if not everything is complete

here's an imgur album to the screenshots, to not spam the forum with images
http://imgur.com/a/PDFJ7

I like the world and the work you have put into it. It looks good. What quest is left? Should I start this one earlier?