Show Your Agrarian Skies world

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
A comment on that, item ducts work putting into barrels (from the top only) but with your set-up there, the hoppers are redundant unless you're wanting a buffer at each barrel. (it may also speed things up a bit compared to regular item ducts but just letting you know if you want to save some resources)

I am buffering at each barrel. The hoppers increase the speed at which the barrels operate. Using an item duct directly, will only allow a stack size of 1 to be sent to the barrel. If I use hoppers on top, I can send up to a stack of 64 per item duct pulse. This greatly speeds up the filling of the barrels. I use a round-robin output with about 8-16 per stack. This helps even out the use of each barrel and increases the throughput significantly.

Resources aren't too much of a problem, although I am getting a bit low on iron and redstone. I've had my sifters turned off while I tweak my item storage, hammering and smelting of ores.

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've done a lot of work on my world today. I went through the effort of using 27 cyclic assemblers to make the gravel, sand, and dust ores in turn. I feed the output of each into an autonomous activator. My hammering room consists of said activators (one to place blocks, the other to hammer) with two hoppers on the ground. Item ducts then pull out the results and cycle them back through the cyclic assemblers. The final dust output is sent to the high oven. (I placed a standalone cyclic assembler to feed the activators new stone hammers as needed. I just have to refill the materials ever so often.

The hard part of this was white listing all the items ducts and servos.

Here is the skeleton of my ore chamber along with a much more finished room.
2014-05-03_22.05.16.png 2014-05-04_00.27.16.png

I forgot who suggested using portable tanks as a buffer on the high oven output, but I took the suggestion, and it worked out quite nice. I dumped a bunch of ores in it all at once, and the oven kept on churning away. The tanks acted as a good buffer to keep the oven draining smoothly and quickly. If you do this, don't place all the tanks and then connect the output. You end up with a little bit of metal in each and every tank. Instead, place one tank down until it has some metal in it. When the next metal is in the fluiduct, then place the next tank down, and repeat until you have all 9 metals configured. Once that is done, you should have enough metal in the portable tanks to fill a bucket. Then you can white list the servos connecting to the portable tank. Just make sure to click the servos with an empty hand and not your buck full of molten metal.

I am using casting tables along with ingot molds. The portable tanks make it easy to keep up with the slower speed of the ingot casts. I'm using the reinforced portable tank to buffer 32 buckets of liquid at a time. I thought about using the highest tier tank, but that requires enderium, and I'm not up to making that yet. One set of ingot casts in this manner are more than enough to keep up with a sifter running 3 activators. I am in the process of duplicating the casting table setup on the opposite side of the tanks for 2 casting tables per metal.

2014-05-03_22.04.03.png 2014-05-03_22.58.59.png

Doing all the setup this way without using AE, kinda reminds me of the days of 1.25 using redpower tubes everywhere. :D

Edit: I've finished up my sifting tables, so now I have 3 sifters running with 3 AA each. (one gravel, one sand, and one dust.) I'm dumping the output into my system directly. My ore processing setup has no issues keeping up with the output of three sifters running all the time. When I check on my high oven, I only barely see metals in the tank. Most of them are showing empty visually, but still keep churning out ingots.

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Best use for diamond.

I like it. Very nice layout. I couldn't figure out how you were hydrating the fields at first... lol.

You can also replace the water block with an Aqueous accumulator and a sprinkler which will speed up the growth process a bit.

I will eventually replace the Aq in my farm with a tesseract so I can send both water and all the bone meal I've been hoarding. But for now, my little 8 dirt farm works well. :)

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I've completely overhauled my base and my automation. It still looks like a mess, probably moreso than before, but now I've got more automation.
First of all, the main array and bulk of my mess. That upgraded barrel is collecting cobble from my generator.
8xoile.png
Secondly, my remade farm. It's the cleanest part because all the wiring is under the platform. (The farms are tomato, wheat and lettuce)
a9w8z8.png
And, finally, my smeltery. It's not really working well after my attempt at automation. I'm gonna try making a second smeltery and will try to use itemducts in such a way that both smelteries get broken ores in such a way that they don't create any alloys.

2wd2e8i.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've completely overhauled my base and my automation. It still looks like a mess, probably moreso than before, but now I've got more automation.
And, finally, my smeltery. It's not really working well after my attempt at automation. I'm gonna try making a second smeltery and will try to use itemducts in such a way that both smelteries get broken ores in such a way that they don't create any alloys.

My first home in a world *always* looks like this. I keep adding on and on and on.... Nothing is organized or laid out in any form or fashion. When I finally get to the point of having the needed materials, then I rebuild everything and lay it out properly. I am finally at that point in my world, and will likely start over on a few projects and re-align my base a bit.

What is in the cobble structure with all the leadstone conduits running to it?

Why so many engines? You are using leadstone conduit which has a max input or output of 80RF/tick. That means each machine, no matter what, caps out at 80RF. I see the energetic infuser, but how are you sending energy to it faster? Are you connecting multiple conduits? I'm not using an energetic infuser or AE in my world (yet). I do have a tree farm, cobble to dust pulverizers (6 total), sludge boiler, and auto ore crafting/hammering (28 cyclic assemblers), and a charcoal creator. All of this only has 6 engines combined. I count 13 in your pictures. It's hard to tell, but you may actually be a lot further up the tech tree than I. :p I spent a lot of time just planning things out.

I would also recommend making duplicate of several machines so you can streamline your setup. I know it is hard at first because of the limited materials, but it does make the piping much, much easier.

It looks like you are trying to use MFR to automate the smeltery. (or is that just a really long control cable?) I would recommend just using TE to automate it. It's a lot more straight forward. That and a couple hoppers with chests on them can handle most of your smelting needs for quite some time. I do recommend piping in lava to the smeltery tank if you haven't yet. That one item made a huge difference my efficiency.

Keep up the good work. It will get there eventually.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
@Xtremekiwi To kinda clarify and shorten part of what the last post said
Rather than using MFR rednet to pulse the faucet of the table, replace that with a fluiduct set to extract from the drain, and put into a casting table/basin. You can also use a servo on the fluiduct to remove the need for an external redstone signal.

It's significantly faster than the faucet and also allows you to pipe into multiple tables/basins from the one drain if you so wish (but you risk leaving part ingots clogging up your system if you do the multiple part incorrectly)

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
My first home in a world *always* looks like this. I keep adding on and on and on.... Nothing is organized or laid out in any form or fashion. When I finally get to the point of having the needed materials, then I rebuild everything and lay it out properly. I am finally at that point in my world, and will likely start over on a few projects and re-align my base a bit.

1. What is in the cobble structure with all the leadstone conduits running to it?

2. Why so many engines? You are using leadstone conduit which has a max input or output of 80RF/tick. That means each machine, no matter what, caps out at 80RF. I see the energetic infuser, but how are you sending energy to it faster? Are you connecting multiple conduits? I'm not using an energetic infuser or AE in my world (yet). I do have a tree farm, cobble to dust pulverizers (6 total), sludge boiler, and auto ore crafting/hammering (28 cyclic assemblers), and a charcoal creator. All of this only has 6 engines combined. I count 13 in your pictures. It's hard to tell, but you may actually be a lot further up the tech tree than I. :p I spent a lot of time just planning things out.

3. I would also recommend making duplicate of several machines so you can streamline your setup. I know it is hard at first because of the limited materials, but it does make the piping much, much easier.

4. It looks like you are trying to use MFR to automate the smeltery. (or is that just a really long control cable?) I would recommend just using TE to automate it. It's a lot more straight forward. That and a couple hoppers with chests on them can handle most of your smelting needs for quite some time. I do recommend piping in lava to the smeltery tank if you haven't yet. That one item made a huge difference my efficiency.

Keep up the good work. It will get there eventually.

1. It's my cobblestone generator. I've learned about the existence of the igneous extruder after creating it, so it felt like a shame to just tear it down. Basically, 6 block breakers are giving me a solid amount of cobblestone, and the barrel's already over 40k pieces of cobble.
2. The energetic infuser has no real reason to exist yet, as I'm not using it. I needed it for one quest and that's really it. As for what I have machine-wise, I have 2 redstone furnaces (one of which is connected to the pulverizer's secondary output, thus cooking me glass), an induction furnace, 2 pulverizers (Both cobble to gravel), 2 igneous extruders, a magma crucible and fluid transposer, 3 planters and 3 harvesters (for 3 different patches of farmland. Why not just use 1 harvester and connect all the farmland? I don't know, I like to hurt myself.), 6 block breakers as mentioned and a lot of leadstone, though I might slowly start replacing it with hardened conduit's now that I'm getting more invar (inadvertently).
3. I understand the point, but at the moment...I don't know.
4. I am using itemducts to bring items and redstone clocks to power the drain. And I am indeed piping lava in with fluiducts into the seared tanks, so I at least have that going for it.

I'm thinking of leaving the tech-world behind for now and making an infusion altar next. After that, I don't know. I should probably create a tree farm. 2 kinds: Oak and Rubber, with the latter leading to 3 more furnaces: Rubber ---> Rubber Bar ---> Raw Plastic and Rubber Wood ---> Charcoal.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
1. It's my cobblestone generator. I've learned about the existence of the igneous extruder after creating it, so it felt like a shame to just tear it down. Basically, 6 block breakers are giving me a solid amount of cobblestone, and the barrel's already over 40k pieces of cobble.
2. The energetic infuser has no real reason to exist yet, as I'm not using it. I needed it for one quest and that's really it. As for what I have machine-wise, I have 2 redstone furnaces (one of which is connected to the pulverizer's secondary output, thus cooking me glass), an induction furnace, 2 pulverizers (Both cobble to gravel), 2 igneous extruders, a magma crucible and fluid transposer, 3 planters and 3 harvesters (for 3 different patches of farmland. Why not just use 1 harvester and connect all the farmland? I don't know, I like to hurt myself.), 6 block breakers as mentioned and a lot of leadstone, though I might slowly start replacing it with hardened conduit's now that I'm getting more invar (inadvertently).
3. I understand the point, but at the moment...I don't know.
4. I am using itemducts to bring items and redstone clocks to power the drain. And I am indeed piping lava in with fluiducts into the seared tanks, so I at least have that going for it.

I'm thinking of leaving the tech-world behind for now and making an infusion altar next. After that, I don't know. I should probably create a tree farm. 2 kinds: Oak and Rubber, with the latter leading to 3 more furnaces: Rubber ---> Rubber Bar ---> Raw Plastic and Rubber Wood ---> Charcoal.

1 and 2. Ahh.. A cobble gen with block breakers. That makes a bit more sense. I'm not sure, but I don't think hardened and leaden conduits will connect to each other, but the good news is that it only takes a bit of invar to convert the conduits to hardened. Since you have all this extra invar... :)

3. I know what you mean. It's ugly but it works... Not quite worth taking it all up and redoing it.. yet.

When you get into AE, adding plastic to the mix for the fluix dust gives you 4 instead of 3. (25% more free) :D

I have yet to get into any of the magic mods yet myself. Mainly as it is that I'm lacking in the ability to make books. I haven't set up a cow farm yet (although I did get a few to spawn) for the leather (vanilla books), nor have a reliable way to produce string (needed for TiCo book recipe). I really need to set up a mob farm or cow farm or sheep farm to make books and start getting involved in thaumcraft.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I finally started putting all the seared stone to use building out my keep/castle. I decided to start with a purely decorative room (mostly). Every keep should have a throne room right? Well, here is mine.

The view from the back of the room.
2014-05-04_23.01.25.png

2014-05-04_23.01.49.png

The view from the throne.
2014-05-04_23.02.15.png

And a few other shots.
2014-05-04_23.03.05.png

2014-05-04_23.03.18.png

2014-05-04_23.04.34.png

2014-05-04_23.04.54.png

Reactions: madnewmy

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
1 and 2. Ahh.. A cobble gen with block breakers. That makes a bit more sense. I'm not sure, but I don't think hardened and leaden conduits will connect to each other, but the good news is that it only takes a bit of invar to convert the conduits to hardened. Since you have all this extra invar... :)

3. I know what you mean. It's ugly but it works... Not quite worth taking it all up and redoing it.. yet.

When you get into AE, adding plastic to the mix for the fluix dust gives you 4 instead of 3. (25% more free) :D

I have yet to get into any of the magic mods yet myself. Mainly as it is that I'm lacking in the ability to make books. I haven't set up a cow farm yet (although I did get a few to spawn) for the leather (vanilla books), nor have a reliable way to produce string (needed for TiCo book recipe). I really need to set up a mob farm or cow farm or sheep farm to make books and start getting involved in thaumcraft.
To be fair, you don't need that many books. You need 3 to make a bookcase for the thaumnomnomicon (or however it's spelled) and...that's really it, I think. Maybe a few more books for infusions, but that's it for Thaumcraft's demand for books as far as I am aware. Maybe I'm just not far enough into the tech trees...

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I thought I would post the next part of my world. My seared stone and brick factory. I plan for 6, smelteries, each 6 blocks high. This is tall enough to essentially max out the cobble production rate of an igneous extruder. I know there is a seared stone quest, but most of this is for building out my base. I want to make it primarily out of the seared stone. Since I'm going for the clean look, I'm still trying to hide all the mechanics as much as possible. I found a way to hide all the casting basins and tables out of the way, and in only a 1 block thick floor. The first picture is of the first two finished smelteries, along with the exposed buildouts for the 3rd.

I hid glowstone strips behind cover panels in the corners of the smelteries. This lit up the sides of the smelteries nicely, and allow you to actually see the brick textures without having to spam torches.

The fluiduct is connected to the drain block. The drain does not have to be properly orientated to work, and cannot be in the bottom layer of the smeltery, but can be anywhere else. I placed it in what was "dead" space so I could hide the basins without them extending into my walkway.

View attachment 10892 View attachment 10891

I can't tell from the pics but are you smelting with compressed or uncompressed cobble? Because I believe the melt time is the same as uncompressed cobble but you get more mB. You can really increase your throughput in a smaller smeltery if you work with the compressed stuff.

Reactions: madnewmy

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell from the pics but are you smelting with compressed or uncompressed cobble? Because I believe the melt time is the same as uncompressed cobble but you get more mB. You can really increase your throughput in a smaller smeltery if you work with the compressed stuff.

I've got igneous extruders connected directly to the smeltery. No compressed cobblestone for me. If compressed cobblestone really does give you 8 time the mB as the regular stuff, it would be a lot better (space wise) to setup a compressed cobblestone factory to then feed into the smeltery.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
I've got igneous extruders connected directly to the smeltery. No compressed cobblestone for me. If compressed cobblestone really does give you 8 time the mB as the regular stuff, it would be a lot better (space wise) to setup a compressed cobblestone factory to then feed into the smeltery.
Just to confirm: a single block of compressed cobblestone yields 72mB of Seared Stone, while a double compressed block of cobblestone yields 648mB of Seared Stone. Also, they melt at the same rate so the more you can compress the cobble before smelting, the faster the smeltery can produce Seared Stone.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019

Remember the silkworms if you need string, you wont need books for Thaumcraft, but you will want books to copy enchantments into.
Thats a really posh throne room! the seared brick does look good.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
i fell / glitched through a rope ladder. since then i don't trust them if they don't have a solid surface behid them :/