Show Your Agrarian Skies world

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Little lights you can hardly see. Though I guess nitor would be more suited to that. I hate TC though.

well, nitor is one of the first things you can make in TC.
Make an iron wand, a thaumanomicon, combine to get two new aspects from just your primals, research nitor, make a crucible and done.

Nitor up and running in under five minutes at the cost of nine iron a bookshelf some wood a feather and ink

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
well, nitor is one of the first things you can make in TC.
Make an iron wand, a thaumanomicon, combine to get two new aspects from just your primals, research nitor, make a crucible and done.

Nitor up and running in under five minutes at the cost of nine iron a bookshelf some wood a feather and ink

I'd rather never learn how to use the mod at all. It's no major loss.

Thanks though.

Izanuel

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my world so far... just want to say I actually learned about Agrarian Skies from this thread and I have loved playing it over the last two weeks.

It is nothing close to spectacular, but I am sort of just getting started. The plan so far is to have a structured "city" with streets and buildings that serve a function and underneath and above the city have floating islands that are purely aesthetic.
The majority of the island from a shot up high
The island from a (unfinished) road headed away from my island
My first aesthetic island underneath my main island {WIP} (Need to find a way to keep the water from freezing)
A shot of the island down below on it (the grass hasn't finished growing yet, my apologies.)
The beginnings of my city complete with walrus hut

Thanks for looking!

We used a plate of clearglass at highest level in the sky exactly over the pond. This prevents the water from freezing.
(It will not freeze if there is a block above the water)

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
We used a plate of clearglass at highest level in the sky exactly over the pond. This prevents the water from freezing.
(It will not freeze if there is a block above the water)

He. this is the reason I moved north about 30 blocks before i started building my first real Island in the sky. I noticed the winter biome right there on the edge of the platform the first time it snowed, I also noticed that the platform itself had rain, and that just a few blocks west and east. there was no rain or snow at all.

Great. I hate the colors you get in deserts. The spawn platform is maybe in one of the worst places it could be in regards to biomes. If you go north however, you find a swamp, a jungle and a forest biome all coming together. just put the map into biome mode and take a look in big map mode to find a good spot.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Got a couple of pictures going today.
pic1:
2014-04-09_09.56.36.png
my starter platform from up high. it contains just the bare essentials for survival and making machines. the treefarm is partially obscured by the bloodwood tree that had to grow just seconds before i took the picture. :rolleyes:

pic2:
2014-04-09_09.56.46.png

This is the primary Island. I finished up the small lake, but there are still lots of details missing. I'm not too happy with my willow tree. the bark of the available trees just don't look right to me, so i covered it up with extra spruce "leaves", That has made it too dark, The willow trees that I'm familiar with have a lush deep green color, and there are lots of air between branches. Later on I think i will replace it with something bred through forestry.

I'm also struggling with the coloration of the roof on the stonemasons shop. I need a third color on that thing, one that does not yell too much. for a little while i was considering going with spruce planks, but right now i think maybe the deep red of the bloodwood planks would fit rather nicely.
I have planned 3 more houses in the back edge of the Island, the MFR treefarm is going to be moved further back, onto it's own Island. connected with a short landbridge. I just had to get it up and working right now, and I don't have the patience for hanging over the void right now. once i get flight, that is going to be a LOT easier to do.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
What I've done (Don't have pictures yet.) is a long cobble lined path with single dirt blocks on the sides. I got one of those mystery bags of food trees and decided that it needed an orchard. For mob spawning, I'm using a partial half Basic design. I find it fills faster this way and I use a hopper system to sort the drops out. The way I built it allows the mobs to survive the drop and gives me the option of clearing it out myself or using a piston set to suffocate them. As for the spider problem, I placed a Creeper Trophy near the drop tunnel and maintenance entrance of my spawner. Just have to run up there and right click for about 2 minutes tops to clear out the annoying arachnids.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Although I don't have pictures, I have a wooden platform in front of the home sweet home map, and one behind it, the one in front for machines, and the rear one for farming, on the right side I have my mob farm, lava production, and cobblestone generator, and on the left side I have my animal farm, and my smeltery, also on the rear I have my Auto-sieve.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
No update from me today. my world died due to updating the pack to the 2.0.2 version. damn item ID changes.
I am starting a new world, but I will go a bit further on the quest path before i try to do anything pretty this time around.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It is nice when your artificial hives deliver the goods.
jyEPyt5.jpg
Skeleton->Wither spawner converted over to Blizzes. You don't need too many of these for the gelid quest.
aBkPh9h.jpg
500,000 Oak wood and counting. Halfway there! All those planters/harvesters will be switched over to cabbages which are going really slowly even with `5 ~13x13 farms.
edXUGvM.jpg

Base gets messy, I clean it up. A day later it is a mess again with TE conduit/ductwork everywhere.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Used Itemducts, liquiducts, an igneous extruder, 6 Ex Nihilo Crucibles, and a magmatic engine to create unlimited RF Power.

Also, I opened up Thaum enough that now I can mass produce iron. Finally, something to do with all those stacks of copper and aluminum.

On another note, a suggestion for crazy tough pigmen. Whip up a spare teir 1 blood altar and put it as the corner block of your nether portal. Then, when something nasty comes through, whip out your sacrificial dagger and drop him hard.

Unrelated, but I've found stock to be the easiest food to survive on, what's everybody else's favorite?

Also, I don't know what version of the map I'm using, but I had to go correct an error in the minetweaker modified recipe for the glacial precipitator before I could craft it, anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Used Itemducts, liquiducts, an igneous extruder, 6 Ex Nihilo Crucibles, and a magmatic engine to create unlimited RF Power.
On another note, a suggestion for crazy tough pigmen. Whip up a spare teir 1 blood altar and put it as the corner block of your nether portal. Then, when something nasty comes through, whip out your sacrificial dagger and drop him hard.

Unrelated, but I've found stock to be the easiest food to survive on, what's everybody else's favorite?

Also, I don't know what version of the map I'm using, but I had to go correct an error in the minetweaker modified recipe for the glacial precipitator before I could craft it, anyone else have this problem?
you are running an old version then. that issue has been fixed several updates ago.

stock is easy to make, since you can craft it with bones. but did you know that if you add seeds to it you get seed soup which is slightly better than just chugging down stock? NEI does not show, but you can use wheat seeds for the soup. this way you can have some toast next to that soup of yours.
my fav food in the pack is carrot cake. it has a much higher saturation value than the soups, so you get a longer period of regen as well as the ability to go longer before you start losing hunger again.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
you are running an old version then. that issue has been fixed several updates ago.

stock is easy to make, since you can craft it with bones. but did you know that if you add seeds to it you get seed soup which is slightly better than just chugging down stock? NEI does not show, but you can use wheat seeds for the soup. this way you can have some toast next to that soup of yours.
my fav food in the pack is carrot cake. it has a much higher saturation value than the soups, so you get a longer period of regen as well as the ability to go longer before you start losing hunger again.

Ah, Ok. See, I'm mostly without internet until I get another job so I don't have the option to just update for the fixes. Sure, it may be a pain slogging through config after config, fixing everything, but I find it rewarding.

Also, I knew about seed soup. My NEI config has hidden recipes turned off whenever I get one. I use stock because it's incredibly easy to make since my mob grinder produces several stacks of bones with a high regularity. I like the idea of carrot cake. May switch to it. But for right now, 2 hunger points and a one to three output for what you put in, I'll stick with stock. Right now I'm just turning all my metals to iron and building up my tofu stores. Really wish the Harvest Craft presser had an NEI plugin. Took forever to figure out bubbly water and tofu. Now I just need to automate crafting and I'm good to go.

Also, does anyone have any other forms of automated power production going? I can only produce about... 40 RF/tick right now. It's unlimited, but too slow for my pulverizer.

And another thing, before I forget. I'm getting a buildup of gunpowder, quartz/quartzdust, and blaze powder and have no idea what to do with all of it. What is everyone else doing with it?

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Quartz for AE, Blaze powder for pyrotheum, and Gunpowder for TNT generators.

Also ender pearls are an amazing source of power(ender generator) if your mob trap handles endermen.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Get your mob farm going and then use the gunpowder and mob essence for reactant dynamos. I have 10 of those going right now as a dedicated AE power source and I'm still gaining mob essence and gunpowder. That is with 4 5x5 cursed earth rooms and 4 grinders.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm not far into MFR, as I don't really like automating processes outside of simple resource collection. But I'll take it into consideration.

Another note, and I'm not sure if this is just a bug with my version or a common problem, I had a room of Crucibles attached to a buffer chest fed with an igneous extruder. I hooked the crucibles to fluiducts, and attached that line to a magmatic engine and a ... I think it's Extra Utilities... Drum. Now, it went in to the drum fine, but for some reason, it wouldn't feed properly into the engine. To fix this I had to basically unhook both the drum and the engine from the system and buffer the line through a hardened portable tank set to output mode. This fixed the problem, but I'm curious if there's any other way to do this without the addition of the buffer Tank, since the excess is supposed to feed into the drum on it's own.

Other than that, made the mistake of summoning the Wither.... took 4 lives to take down and I lost my passive mob farm in the attack.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Now, it went in to the drum fine, but for some reason, it wouldn't feed properly into the engine. To fix this I had to basically unhook both the drum and the engine from the system and buffer the line through a hardened portable tank set to output mode. This fixed the problem, but I'm curious if there's any other way to do this without the addition of the buffer Tank, since the excess is supposed to feed into the drum on it's own.
Not sure if your setup but you can only pipe in/out of the bottom or the top of drums. That, likely, is your problem.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm not far into MFR, as I don't really like automating processes outside of simple resource collection.

You going to make octuple compressed cobble by hand? :) Lot of pain in your future if you avoid automation outside of resource gathering, at least in this pack.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if your setup but you can only pipe in/out of the bottom or the top of drums. That, likely, is your problem.
I figured that out early on. No, the issue was that the pipes wouldn't feed lava into the Magmatic Engine. Haven't been able to make it work without the buffer tank.
You going to make octuple compressed cobble by hand? :) Lot of pain in your future if you avoid automation outside of resource gathering, at least in this pack.
Well, I'm stubborn. Just hit 5% on the lettuce gathering with just myself and bonemeal. It'll take forever, but until I get a more reliable source of redstone, I'm stuck doing things by hand.
This pack needs Magic Crops. It'd still take forever, but at least the redstone income would be reliable.[DOUBLEPOST=1397771209][/DOUBLEPOST]
Day 1, basic mob farm built with Witch water add-ons!

Just a suggestion buddy, but invest in a pair of elevator blocks to replace that ladder. I'm slowly phasing out my rope ladder and water ladder usage, replacing them with Elevators.