Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 3] The rise of the Shoop archmage

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Love the carpentry block arches in the mines! !

Yeah Carpentry and Chisel have become some of my favorite mods.

The doors on the branches are another good touch. Looking good so far!
maybe an idea to also use carpentry doors in the mineshaft, for some extra aesthetic options

The doors were orginally a temp thing. To keep anything that spawned down a branch from coming out. Usely I use fence gates but a skeleton kept showing up while I was working to shoot me so I replaced them with doors. I might thorw some carpentry doors up since beside from the look zombies don't pound on them.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not good news.

So one of two things is going to happen when I get home.

1) Everything will be fine. YAY!
2) Dave will have to delete two chunks of my base. Sadly the tower is mostly (95% of the base) inside one of those chunks.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What went wrong?

I belive (as i did some limited testing to try and recrate it in SP) that it is a bug with the semltery that is causing the issue. The contorler was being moved and I placed it on a side of the smeltery that was across a chunk boundry.

If the server reset worked then it is the same bug if not then no idea and my chunks are most likely hosed.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Welp still boned.

So looks like I'll be starting over form scratch once Dave nukes the bad chunks.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, Saice crashed while building a smeltery and now he has crashed forever.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, Saice crashed while building a smeltery and now he has crashed forever.

Rebuilding. It was up and running for a long time. But I had to brake and replace the contorler often to fix it. This time when I broke it I accidently palced it on the side of the smeltery instead of the font. That side was on the edge of the chunk as soon at the block when down I crashed and now auto crash every time I log in. Since the server did not go down with me it might just be a weird rendering bug with it. But that means anyone getting in range to load the chunk now will also crash like me. Dave rebooted the server I've reinstalled the AT Instance just to be extra sure it was not something saved on my end. But when I log I crash. So the only fix now would be 1) delete my player.dat but that would leave these bad chunks out there or 2) nuke the chunks from orbit. Sadly it is the only way to be sure.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
if you nuke the chunks, and then when they are reloaded, does the scenery change at all?

mostly no. Though some post-gen world gen mods might come up different. but for the most time world gen is basically the same every time the chunk is reset.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You just lose your work then... bummer.

Oh yeah I totally will lose all my work.

That is not so bad. It is annoying sure but I'm not one to let that bother me for long.

Right now I'm just sort of dead in the water until Dave fixes things. So Ive been just dorking around in a test world in the mean time.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
If you or Dave a familiar with the NBT format you could try delete the blocks of the smeltery before nuking the chunks entirely.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you or Dave a familiar with the NBT format you could try delete the blocks of the smeltery before nuking the chunks entirely.

Well yeah it might be possable to edit it out using something like MC-Edit. The issue is with servers the map size can sometimes cause issues with MC-Edit and if it is a rendering bug it might possably crash MC-Edit also. Though I think the newer versions of MC-Edit don't render modded blocks so it might be possable.

NBT nope not my cup of tea don't know about Dave though.