Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 3] The rise of the Shoop archmage

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
not always working right for me, the carpenter stairs sometimes are a little buggy upon placement, because surprisingly it seems you can also place them on their sides...

TBVsC5a.png
You actually managed to place it on its side? Teach me your ways!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
not always working right for me, the carpenter stairs sometimes are a little buggy upon placement, because surprisingly it seems you can also place them on their sides...
You actually managed to place it on its side? Teach me your ways!

It is basied on where your + is. Think of it sort of like microblocks you got something like 5 areas that if you place them down while your + is in that part of the square it will place it in a way. Also these areas are sesitive to other blocks in the area. So sometimes if you just place a block down and use it to place your stairs then just remove the extra block. It does take some getting used to but as someone that just placed something around 5 stacks of carpnter ramps I can say it just takes a little getting used to.

There's a config option that's makes the carpenter tools not take damage.
And there is always this if your just in SSP

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've played with metalurgy a bit, and I never saw the point in it. As far as I saw, it just added a load of random stuff into the game with not a lot of explanation as to what does what. Do you find yourself using anything from it?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've played with metalurgy a bit, and I never saw the point in it. As far as I saw, it just added a load of random stuff into the game with not a lot of explanation as to what does what. Do you find yourself using anything from it?

Yeah that is the thing. So for metalurgy I have to keep checking out the wiki and thread on it becuae there is almost zero info in game. Add to that it has mulitple classes of ore (core, ulitiy, nether, fantsy) each with its own scaling. Add to that all the ores are configuable so there is a chance that your server (in my case it is the case) might not be following the wiki so you have to basicly read through about a dozen config files looking and stats to figure out what is what.

It has some nice things like the crusher, upgraded furnces, and smelters. And the ores some have other uses like bouns effects or even turning other ores into gold or xp.

But yes info wise it is a mess and I find myself just ignoring it more then use it fully becuase to do so means I have to stop playing google some stuff open a bounch of configs and read a whole mess of things. If I forget any of it I have to do that all over again.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
RR now has Extra TiCo. Metallurgy metal can be used for TiCo tools.

Saice, Tartarite is your friend IJS

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It's a background mod which is INSANELY useful to mod pack development teams, because it permits you to customize the spawning of all ores, including vanilla ores and just about any other ore you could think of. This makes it a bazillion times easier to do worldgen with, because you can disable ores in every other mod and still have the ores. More importantly, you won't have three or four different 'types' of the same dang ore that won't stack with one another, which is a huge boon.

For this functionality alone, Metallurgy is an enormously useful mod, it makes worldgen a lot 'cleaner' for the end user.

Reactions: PierceSG

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
It's a background mod which is INSANELY useful to mod pack development teams, because it permits you to customize the spawning of all ores, including vanilla ores and just about any other ore you could think of. This makes it a bazillion times easier to do worldgen with, because you can disable ores in every other mod and still have the ores. More importantly, you won't have three or four different 'types' of the same dang ore that won't stack with one another, which is a huge boon.

For this functionality alone, Metallurgy is an enormously useful mod, it makes worldgen a lot 'cleaner' for the end user.
Doesn't cofh core have the same functionalty once it's released?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Welp.

I think this LP is cursed. TS1 had to be reset because of issues.

So I'm moving over to Dave's LP world. (I think hes secretly trying to get me into doing videos). So I'll be restarting again. Season 3.1 I guess. I did not get to far so it is not like I lost to much. But I think I'll run with something else as I just built a tower twice now third times a charm they say but to me it is a bit repetitive.

So I'm going to be off exploring a bit to find a good home. I'll start up a new thread for the restart since its going to be a different project. Think I'll be more a mix of thing this time around.