Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 3] The rise of the Shoop archmage

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like a pretty cool idea, think I'm going to give it a shot.

Edit:

Ars Magica's mage armor boots have slowfall as a contingency, although there is a cool down period. Up to a certain height slowfall won't trigger, and the boots will simply negate fall damage. That might be tied to it's leveling system, can't remember at the moment.

I noticed that too, though I don't know how they exactly work because 9 out of 10 times I get fall damage

Portal gun IS in RR BUT it's being discussed if it should be removed.

in my opinion... it shouldn't. it could however be made as an optional mod

Which mod are the doors from? Carpenters?

they sure are. carpenter's blocks is an awesome mod... but sadly it has a bit of a rendering problem with the colored wood from Extra Utilities :(

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the doors (and angled blocks) are carpenter's.

Nice thing about carpenter's is you make the door. Give it two blocks to texture it. Then you can use the hammer and chisel from carpenter's to cycle through styles and texture options. It is a really nice setup.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Thats an amazing build -but- i think that it needs something done to the top to kind of "unflatten" the walls. the lava was a nice touch.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Thats an amazing build -but- i think that it needs something done to the top to kind of "unflatten" the walls. the lava was a nice touch.

There will be more. I plan on having a couple of pads and a smaller tower coming out off the main body later.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I got some workspace done today. Started doing more grunt work. going to need a lot of wood... like stacks and stacks.

So Temp portal up and running

Hovel and work space
by Saice, on Flickr

Smeltery in the background there and over on the right you can see my really low tech sand machine.

Hovel and work space
by Saice, on Flickr

Decided that I like spruce more then jungle wood.

Hovel and work space
by Saice, on Flickr

SO unorginized I need to get this hovel torn down soon.

Hovel and work space
by Saice, on Flickr

Hovel and work space
by Saice, on Flickr

Reactions: fergcraft

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the doors (and angled blocks) are carpenter's.

Nice thing about carpenter's is you make the door. Give it two blocks to texture it. Then you can use the hammer and chisel from carpenter's to cycle through styles and texture options. It is a really nice setup.

sadly the durability of the hammer is quite low... though I don't know if this has been changed in RR

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
sadly the durability of the hammer is quite low... though I don't know if this has been changed in RR

So its dirt cheap some wood and a few bits of iron. Ive yet to replace the hammer on this build. Im like half way down at this moment.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask, what is that portal?
Is it a texture packed one, or another mods portal to the nether as signified by the lava?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask, what is that portal?
Is it a texture packed one, or another mods portal to the nether as signified by the lava?

Enhanced portals. It does more then go to the nether it can link up with other enhanced portals via dialing their code. And it has a few add ons that allow stuff like using alt blocks to build the frame or a dailer that saves a list of locations. Its actually a really nice mod.

Reactions: PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So its dirt cheap some wood and a few bits of iron. Ive yet to replace the hammer on this build. Im like half way down at this moment.

yea, but I've had my hammer broken for me a couple of times and I had to constantly go back to craft a new one. now I just crafted a few of them and keep them in my bag, but I noticed they started stacking with a hammer that already had durability damage on it... meaning I can only keep 1 hammer on me

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Your portal is a bit Stargate-y.

Yeah its a temp. I'll be making something diffrent after I clean out the ground floor of the tower. My whole base camp there is temp while I get the basics for the tower build. Adding floors and collecting wood/glowstone for the floors right now. Each floor takes something like 500ish wood.[DOUBLEPOST=1384030847][/DOUBLEPOST]
yea, but I've had my hammer broken for me a couple of times and I had to constantly go back to craft a new one. now I just crafted a few of them and keep them in my bag, but I noticed they started stacking with a hammer that already had durability damage on it... meaning I can only keep 1 hammer on me

Don't use the hammer on everything. Like I only use it to switch things around or pop out blocks. I use a pick to remove carptern blocks instead of the hammer. Saves on durability.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah its a temp. I'll be making something diffrent after I clean out the ground floor of the tower. My whole base camp there is temp while I get the basics for the tower build. Adding floors and collecting wood/glowstone for the floors right now. Each floor takes something like 500ish wood.[DOUBLEPOST=1384030847][/DOUBLEPOST]

Don't use the hammer on everything. Like I only use it to switch things around or pop out blocks. I use a pick to remove carptern blocks instead of the hammer. Saves on durability.

so do I, but the durability on the hammer goes down very fast if you need to rotate designs alot for alot of blocks... would be nice though if you could actually enchanted the hammer with unbreaking :eek:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
so do I, but the durability on the hammer goes down very fast if you need to rotate designs alot for alot of blocks... would be nice though if you could actually enchanted the hammer with unbreaking :eek:

I don't rotate. I use my pick to break the block and then replace it like i would stairs to get the rotation right.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't rotate. I use my pick to break the block and then replace it like i would stairs to get the rotation right.

not always working right for me, the carpenter stairs sometimes are a little buggy upon placement, because surprisingly it seems you can also place them on their sides...

TBVsC5a.png