Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I can build the modpack if i want, just i remember the days of old when you had to download every single mod and go through adfly links which could take me up to and hour. And that was before id conflicts....

I share our configs, so hopefully you'll never see an id conflict unless I mess up. Sometimes, I do mess up.

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if that's what you want, then you can do three things:

1) Make an LP
2) Make a forum post to show progress
3) Both! :p

Hmm,
1) My voice is a little..different
2) Good idea :D
3) XD[DOUBLEPOST=1370546200][/DOUBLEPOST]
I share our configs, so hopefully you'll never see an id conflict unless I mess up. Sometimes, I do mess up.

kk might try then..

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Looking good their saice and on the side subject of LPr's I tend to record when I can or if I have something to show. I usually have small windows of opertunity so I don't upload much.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, note that the heat generators are cool and useful, but for trickle power. And before you make any long term plans, you should ask EternalDensity to show you his AS nuclear reactor setup if you haven't seen it yet. I bet a small reactor would fit on your engineering deck and it'd be totally sweet if you had to wear a radiation suit to visit your house. ;)

Well actually one of my plans is to make something that looks sci-fi reactor like with tesseracts inside. Then build a power station underground or in a pock dim. That or when I add engines between decks one and two (they will be accessible via the maintenance deck). I'll hide power systems inside them.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well actually one of my plans is to make something that looks sci-fi reactor like with tesseracts inside. Then build a power station underground or in a pock dim. That or when I add engines between decks one and two (they will be accessible via the maintenance deck). I'll hide power systems inside them.

If we can get a fusion reactor built on the server, we can make enough antimatter for you so that you can build a quantum battery box. This means you actually can have a UE power system in a pocketdim and it will be fincredible.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If we can get a fusion reactor built on the server, we can make enough antimatter for you so that you can build a quantum battery box. This means you actually can have a UE power system in a pocketdim and it will be fincredible.

I'm still debating on the two plans. I do like having to come up with answers with limits. Something like power that fits in engines might be fun to work with.

I rarely build stuff with goal of 'best way' in mind. I find that ends up being vary samey because there in the end is only a few best ways to do stuff.

I lean more towards stuff that will look cool and be just enough to get things done. Like my crazy thermopiles I had on the Morthershoop build. Totally one of the worst power systems. But I had the space, I thought it looked cool, and RP2 needs more love. So that was how I picked that.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to your heat generators.. does it really produce more power the more lava is around it? I have it just underneath and it seems to work fine for me

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to your heat generators.. does it really produce more power the more lava is around it? I have it just underneath and it seems to work fine for me

minor testing shows its 5(um) thingys per side lava (source or flow) is touching. Sorry for being vague I just woke up and i've been dealing with the same migraine for a few days now.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
minor testing shows its 5(um) thingys per side lava (source or flow) is touching. Sorry for being vague I just woke up and i've been dealing with the same migraine for a few days now.
interesting. It's a bit strange though as even when I pop the gen adjacent to the energy cube, the internal buffer fills up before the cube.. it's like it generates power faster than it can send power

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
interesting. It's a bit strange though as even when I pop the gen adjacent to the energy cube, the internal buffer fills up before the cube.. it's like it generates power faster than it can send power

I think it does. I have not really done much with the mod it came from. But tested it a bit before pick it as a starter source to help create asstons of stone for my build.

But it does seem to fill its buffer before sending. I might be reading its interface wrong though.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still debating on the two plans. I do like having to come up with answers with limits. Something like power that fits in engines might be fun to work with.

I rarely build stuff with goal of 'best way' in mind. I find that ends up being vary samey because there in the end is only a few best ways to do stuff.

I lean more towards stuff that will look cool and be just enough to get things done. Like my crazy thermopiles I had on the Morthershoop build. Totally one of the worst power systems. But I had the space, I thought it looked cool, and RP2 needs more love. So that was how I picked that.

Well I dunno how it fits, but you can imagine a system producing a ton of steam and then running that through UE turbines that are part of the build aesthetic. You can pipe directly into them.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I think it does. I have not really done much with the mod it came from. But tested it a bit before pick it as a starter source to help create asstons of stone for my build.

But it does seem to fill its buffer before sending. I might be reading its interface wrong though.
We both might be, the whole system confuses the shit outta me lol :p

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

The hydro gen is interesting. It can generate a max output by consuming hydrogen, but it needs energy to do this. Hence it has an internal buffer. If it ever totally drains its internal buffer, it actually shuts itself down. This is a balancing measure for the system since its effectively renewable; you need to build power buffers into the system to prevent overtaxing it.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The hydro gen is interesting. It can generate a max output by consuming hydrogen, but it needs energy to do this. Hence it has an internal buffer. If it ever totally drains its internal buffer, it actually shuts itself down. This is a balancing measure for the system since its effectively renewable; you need to build power buffers into the system to prevent overtaxing it.
yeah I will get around to making myself a hydro battery, I just wish that energy cells had more than 1 output face, or at least have the input/output faces configurable.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I will get around to making myself a hydro battery, I just wish that energy cells had more than 1 output face, or at least have the input/output faces configurable.

Not every mod is as rad as thermal expansion. For me, I'm just stoked that you can break the cube and it retains its charge.

Rant: I don't care if IC2 is missing a design lead, there's just no excuse for MFSUs not to do this. Especially given that MFSU carts exist and no one finds them OP.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Not every mod is as rad as thermal expansion. For me, I'm just stoked that you can break the cube and it retains its charge.

Rant: I don't care if IC2 is missing a design lead, there's just no excuse for MFSUs not to do this. Especially given that MFSU carts exist and no one finds them OP.
They would need to go back in and change the block's functionality from the ground up to make that change, in which case it would retroactively work with BatBoxes and MFE's as well. However, that is a non-trivial change.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
They would need to go back in and change the block's functionality from the ground up to make that change, in which case it would retroactively work with BatBoxes and MFE's as well. However, that is a non-trivial change.

IC2 is missing their design lead, they're not suffering for coders.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
I thought that the loss of energy on breaking a (non-giant-GregTech-interdimensional) EU storage device was intentional -- what other reason is there for the larger battery types, since they can't recharge tools in the field like RE-batteries can?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
it would still be nice if it had more than 1 :/

even if it had a 1 way wire, and all the faces were both input and output, and which was which was dictated by the type of wire