Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't visited the new nether yet. Oh, I have a dimdoor in my base to the promised land but I don't really bother going there.

I don't think I found the promised land.

It was listed as Blessed Bog and there were mobs creeper almost blew me off one of the islands.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I found the promised land.

It was listed as Blessed Bog and there were mobs creeper almost blew me off one of the islands.

did you sing " I believe I can fly" until you hit the ground too hard :D

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Creative processes HOoooooo!

If you find your self thinking... Oh its just boarding ramps I can knock this out.... And then your tool bar start to look like this form the different ways you thought it would work only to find out they don't.

2013-06-06_01.23.06 by Saice, on Flickr

Yeah that is where the test world comes in handy. It is not to bad in this case as this is all stuff I will end up using at some point. But yeah if you have any questions about weather something is going to work or not and you are not sure you want to sink the resources into them just yet. Go test it and save your self a lot of trouble.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You need some defence turrets at those ramps to deal with unwanted visitors...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You need some defence turrets at those ramps to deal with unwanted visitors...

There is nothing to defend yet. Its not even a box fully. I have a Hovel a little bit away from the build.

I don't even have power yet.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Those floating islands you were at were the promised land
He knows.

Also, Shoop. How does a temporary power feed to your base via tesseract or elite energy cube sound? We've got plenty of power over at LiaraTec. Somewhere on the order of 40 full RECs.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
He knows.

Also, Shoop. How does a temporary power feed to your base via tesseract or elite energy cube sound? We've got plenty of power over at LiaraTec. Somewhere on the order of 40 full RECs.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)
I thought he said it was not

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
He knows.
I thought he said it was not
Actually I was unsure becuase I was made to belive by Daves LP that the promised land Boime was Mobless. But I've been educated otherwise now.

Na I'm good but thanks. I basically live next to a volcano biome I will have all the lava anyone could want without going to he neither. I'm branch mining for the nickel to make some magma engines.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say, the insight into your creative process has been very educational Saice. Those ramps look awesome, never thought of using conveyors for them.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say, the insight into your creative process has been very educational Saice. Those ramps look awesome, never thought of using conveyors for them.
OOOoooooooo those boarding ramps look sexy <3

Thanks.

What I like about them is I can use the rednet cables on the side (originally just for looks) to leave them moving or turn them off and just have the ramp. I'm letting them run right now one up one down. Its has a nice look.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
OOoooooohhhhhh

I just realized I can build bitching thermopiles with those Heat Generators from Menkit (i think). Because the make power by putting lava in them OR by putting lava around them.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
OOoooooohhhhhh

I just realized I can build bitching thermopiles with those Heat Generators from Menkit (i think). Because the make power by putting lava in them OR by putting lava around them.
Menkit? You mean mekanism?