Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that the loss of energy on breaking a (non-giant-GregTech-interdimensional) EU storage device was intentional -- what other reason is there for the larger battery types, since they can't recharge tools in the field like RE-batteries can?
Perhaps, but that's so 2011.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that the loss of energy on breaking a (non-giant-GregTech-interdimensional) EU storage device was intentional -- what other reason is there for the larger battery types, since they can't recharge tools in the field like RE-batteries can?

Do you know people who actually use them?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know people who actually use them?

Only before tesseracts for remote power. I had a weird setup that put the bat into msfu and then pulled it back out went he msfu got back to full charge and sent it via ender chest to where I needed them where the batt was stuffed into a new msfu to get power back.

It was pretty bad. but it worked.

And no I would not want to go back to that messed up system. As said it would be nice just to pick the darn block up and move it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 uses them to recharge his suit with. the Lapotron Crystals are also a method of transferring EU an arbitrary distance without power loss (via enderstorage).

DW20 does this because he's locked to a super-old version Modular Powersuits on is SSP series and evidently doesn't understand generators in is SMP series. You can build this system but there's no real reason to anymore.

Although it is crazy "fun" learning the hard way how to make a stable powersuit.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
DW20 does this because he's locked to a super-old version Modular Powersuits on is SSP series and evidently doesn't understand generators in is SMP series. You can build this system but there's no real reason to anymore.

Although it is crazy "fun" learning the hard way how to make a stable powersuit.
You can still use Lapotron Crystals to transmit EU at an arbitrary distance with no energy loss via EnderStorage. Save yourself the 25% loss from Energy Tesseracts!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You can still use Lapotron Crystals to transmit EU at an arbitrary distance with no energy loss via EnderStorage. Save yourself the 25% loss from Energy Tesseracts!

Just remember different folks have different needs when it comes to builds and power systems. Some like efficiency while others like compact and simple builds and still others just want something big and crazy.

Personally efficiency is rarely anything I worry about but I can see some peoples view on it. Some just like knowing that they build the most efficient system its that whole getting the most for the least mindset.

Its like the whole conductive pipes vs redstone conduits debate.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Just remember different folks have different needs when it comes to builds and power systems. Some like efficiency while others like compact and simple builds and still others just want something big and crazy.
Absolutely true. He asked for a use for them, I gave him one. It might be a marginal case use, but it is still a legitimate and viable use for Lapotron Crystals.

Of course, even if they didn't hold energy, they're still a decently expensive sub-combine for particularly expensive recipes. But I think that was rather what he was driving at, so I guess I'm agreeing with him on that point.

Its like the whole conductive pipes vs redstone conduits debate.
I just like Redstone Conduits because a) they are more compact, b) they look cooler, and c) they are more energy efficient for longer distances.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I just like Redstone Conduits because a) they are more compact, b) they look cooler, and c) they are more energy efficient for longer distances.

I like them because they do not explode and don't break if I look at them wrong.

And yes they do look pimp and now with RedNet they match it makes for some pretty sweet looking infrastructures.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Oh yes, the whole 'not exploding' thing is definitely a perk too...

By the way, does anyone know of a use for Oxygen? I'm playing around with Mekanism and the relevant Generators. I'm looking at Hydrogen Generators and the Electrolytic Seperator as a viable alternative power source. The hydrogen of course goes straight into the generators, but is there an actually viable use for Oxygen or is it something you just have to vent?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes, the whole 'not exploding' thing is definitely a perk too...

By the way, does anyone know of a use for Oxygen? I'm playing around with Mekanism and the relevant Generators. I'm looking at Hydrogen Generators and the Electrolytic Seperator as a viable alternative power source. The hydrogen of course goes straight into the generators, but is there an actually viable use for Oxygen or is it something you just have to vent?

I toyed with it in creative and could not find a use. And since the seperator only can pump out one type of gas at a time your going to lose something.

Maybe its something planed I could see a O2 gas turbine totally being a thing.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
well Oxygen is required for combustion, so I could see it being, not a fuel, but a catalyst, or something that would increase the efficiency of any certain fuel

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And since Mekanism has a blanket permission for mod packs, I just might slip it in on the next ShneekeyCraft update...

I'm drooling over them windmills. I might make the ship look a little damaged and set up a sort of repair camp to one side with power and stuff and have cables run from that into the ship. Make it look like its under repair. That will also let me expand latter if needed without having to remodel the ship once it is down.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I'm drooling over them windmills. I might make the ship look a little damaged and set up a sort of repair camp to one side with power and stuff and have cables run from that into the ship. Make it look like its under repair. That will also let me expand latter if needed without having to remodel the ship once it is down.
or maybe you could put them inside the ends of the rockets at the back, hide the pole, so it would look like they're inside... will find a pic of what I mean..

images

Like INSIDE those maybe?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
or maybe you could put them inside the ends of the rockets at the back, hide the pole, so it would look like they're inside... will find a pic of what I mean..

images

Like INSIDE those maybe?

That would have to be HUGE. And I think the idea of a repair camp would be cool too as I could put some of the non sci-fi stuff in the camp like the smeltery.