Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So... today was not so much building as collecting. I did some Nether mining (and fighting spiders) and I did some exploring of the volcano near my home (and fighting spiders). I then explored a little and ran around in a dimdoor world (no spiders).

But a lot of my day looked like this.

I Hate Spiders. by Saice, on Flickr

Note there are multiple large spiders in that shot.

But I did fancy up my DimDoor at the nexus.

DimDoor by Saice, on Flickr

Reactions: whizzball1

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yet more building stuff.

Now that I have access to a good amount of cane and a random amount ink sac. I got smooth stone automated going into a barrel. This gives me a fairly good amount of building mats. When I get low I can just go do something else like branch mine for a bit.

So I got the maintenance deck build and roofed and started on Deck two.

from the back of the ship

Maint Deck WIP by Saice, on Flickr

From the front.

Maint Deck WIP by Saice, on Flickr

And out side

Outside WIP by Saice, on Flickr

Still have to finish deck two also going to add engine things on the back to give more shape to the whole thing. And I'm tore between putting the cockpit/command up front or on top.

Reactions: whizzball1

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Make the command section occupy the front and top... Angular in structure if you will. Are the engines going to be of the nacelle variety?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
OK so I got off my but since the Universal cables are I am told bad I made some redstone conduits and since I had those went ahead and added the two layer to the two heat batteries in engineering. And since maintenance deck is in place I starting running the conduit like it should be.

Battery Unit (6 Heat Generators covered in lava)

More Engi Stuff by Saice, on Flickr

Cleaned up Engineering (machines are not final just in for looks)

Maintenance deck stuff

Make the command section occupy the front and top... Angular in structure if you will. Are the engines going to be of the nacelle variety?

Not sure... yet... I will derp around with a few until I get the look I like.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019

Star Trek (and, regrettably, several other shows) did that kinda wrong. You shouldn't have the CIC in the top/on the front of the ship, it's a far easier target for baddies. It makes more sense to bury it in the core of the ship.
So do that, Shoop :D
Unless it's not supposed to be military. In which case you don't need to worry about it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Star Trek (and, regrettably, several other shows) did that kinda wrong. You shouldn't have the CIC in the top/on the front of the ship, it's a far easier target for baddies. It makes more sense to bury it in the core of the ship.
So do that, Shoop :D
Unless it's not supposed to be military. In which case you don't need to worry about it.

Yeah I not thinking Military... More like Merchant ship or Scout ship kind of feel.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If nothing else, it could be an Observation Deck...

Yeah I want to do an observation deck near the back.

but it is still all in my head. I need to get more of the hull fleshed out to diside if I like that.

Right now I'm thinking like an normal cockpit in front... and a trailing observation deck in the back .

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanna point out, it's crazy to see Shoop keep a diary like this. I hope in a month I can come back and read the whole thing.
it's like an image form of let's play :p
"Let's catch up with Shoop!"

Thanks... Yeah would be boring has hell in an LP. I spend a lot of time. fliping between things dropping in and out of test worlds. I branch mine for hours sometimes. So while I have some interesting builds and stuff it would be hella boring to watch.