Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok here is where I show just how much of a Modded MC player i really am.

Inventory Tweaks... Since that is client side only I should be able to add that with out issue. And since it is a forge mod I should be able to just drop it in the Mods folder and it will load? Or do I have to do something else?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have a really bad computer.
And I have absolutely no idea where to find that server, or if it is still accepting apps or not.
It's ok, for now.

Ask in the G+ group. Other people have done so. I know at least one made it onto a test server, because their name is on the testers list.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I was talking about the creative process in another thread. I figured I'd share part of that here in the hopes my random crap might help someone out.

So you all know I just don't pull nice builds out of my wooly shoop butt. I tend to do some planing and testing. The way I do that is with Test worlds. So since it looks like its going to be a ship of some sort. I want it to have part of it be 2 decks and part of it have 1 deck. Since It is suggested that i make dedicated rooms for things like a real ship I need to also have a middle sort of maintenance deck (which I like having anyways).

So to start I need to find a floor high raito that I like and feels good to me. So what do I do?

I build a few in a test world to get a feel for them. Like so

Torn between 5 and 6 block high floors.... So since I don't know which I like more...

Working out Ideas by Saice, on Flickr

I build out Mock decks for how both the 6/4/6 and 5/3/5 would look.

I think I like the 5/3/5 setup more the other one ends up being to tall for my liking meaning the ship would have to be much longer to look ship like.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
That sentence of mine went really really really wrong.
What I meant to say: that is completely OK.
Wow.[DOUBLEPOST=1370385842][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ask in the G+ group. Other people have done so. I know at least one made it onto a test server, because their name is on the testers list.
I think I found it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I was talking about the creative process in another thread. I figured I'd share part of that here in the hopes my random crap might help someone out.

So you all know I just don't pull nice builds out of my wooly shoop butt. I tend to do some planing and testing. The way I do that is with Test worlds. So since it looks like its going to be a ship of some sort. I want it to have part of it be 2 decks and part of it have 1 deck. Since It is suggested that i make dedicated rooms for things like a real ship I need to also have a middle sort of maintenance deck (which I like having anyways).

So to start I need to find a floor high raito that I like and feels good to me. So what do I do?

I build a few in a test world to get a feel for them. Like so

Torn between 5 and 6 block high floors.... So since I don't know which I like more...

I build out Mock decks for how both the 6/4/6 and 5/3/5 would look.

I think I like the 5/3/5 setup more the other one ends up being to tall for my liking meaning the ship would have to be much longer to look ship like.

The 5/3/5 is also ideal for engineering sections between floors, which will not only be useful for your actual use but be spot-on, thematically.

Reactions: whizzball1

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
having your pipes and cables all run along the ceiling of that middle floor would just be amazingly cool. Any idea yet what material you're thinking of using?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
having your pipes and cables all run along the ceiling of that middle floor would just be amazingly cool. Any idea yet what material you're thinking of using?

I have to look around my Hovel and see what I have access to. And then I need to MINE ALL THE THINGS!!!! so it will be a little while before I start playing with materials.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have to look around my Hovel and see what I have access to. And then I need to MINE ALL THE THINGS!!!! so it will be a little while before I start playing with materials.

Ask someone to show you how to make a clocked fabricator. It'll accelerate your building tremendously.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad your doing a ship shoop your first one was interesting I would like to add maby have a small landing craft on the ground. with dimensional doors you could build a replica and it would be like you landed in your ships docking bay.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
methinks steel casings, while expensive, look to be the best for the job, at least on the inside.

Btw, Dave, have you seen how freakin awesome the Mettalurgic Infuser is?!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
methinks steel casings, while expensive, look to be the best for the job, at least on the inside.

Btw, Dave, have you seen how freakin awesome the Mettalurgic Infuser is?!

Once I get a layout figured out I'll make a RR test world and try different mats.

Right now I'm watching some random dudes LP ;) but after that I'll get back to work on a layout. Going with a semi inspired ship layout.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, well, if you're ok with using a little tin (or copper) and coal, the infuser can turn 1 iron into 4 steel

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, well, if you're ok with using a little tin (or copper) and coal, the infuser can turn 1 iron into 4 steel

I'll have to look into the infuser then. That is much easier then building half the GT tech tree just to make some steel.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to look into the infuser then. That is much easier then building half the GT tech tree just to make some steel.
the UE mods are sooooo very steel heavy that if Greg ever got the idea to nerf it to using steel that is gated at his level, the mod would die.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
the UE mods are sooooo very steel heavy that if Greg ever got the idea to nerf it to using steel that is gated at his level, the mod would die.

We have un-nerfed steel cooking. But know that Greg's steel method is still the cheapest by far. Even taking fabricators into consideration, it's slightly cheaper if you amortize machine cost to make steel using Gregtech.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

really that is currently my issue with GT. He seems to be slowing making things more and more time consuming. Like the whole circuit fabrication thing. You can make 1 and only 1 at a time via crafting now if you want more you need like 3 different fabrication steps and something like 200+ seconds for each full cycle. I might be wrong on the times for that but Etho was talking about it on his LP recently.

Its not a deal breaker per say but it is something that makes me push GT later in game for me. It is looking more like early and mid game will be NonGT for me and mid to late game is when I'll start working on GT just because of the mats and time the mod takes these days.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
really that is currently my issue with GT. He seems to be slowing making things more and more time consuming. Like the whole circuit fabrication thing. You can make 1 and only 1 at a time via crafting now if you want more you need like 3 different fabrication steps and something like 200+ seconds for each full cycle.

See Way of Time's series. He built a circuit assembly system. With overclockers, it works pretty fast.

I might be wrong on the times for that but Etho was talking about it on his LP recently.

Etho is a fun guy and I like his voice, but skilled automater he is not. Way is his superior in this, in nearly all cases. Gregtech can be fun, but it has to be configured with a lot of silly grindwaster assumptions turned off. It adds a lot of great content, but introduces a few very silly roadblocks that, ultimately, don't make sense anymore. The guy vacillates between wonderful ideas and stubborn refusal to change his mind.

But do note that his machines are easy to run these days. They run on UE, EU, and can run on MJ and steam with upgrades. Steam is the safest power source by far. I could easily replace my ore pipeline with GT using exactly the same infrastructure and it'd work better than what I have now. The only reason to keep a pulverizer around, for me, is for the tasty bonus ferrous metal.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah don't get me wrong I like GT. But it does take a good deal of time and mats compared to just about every other mod out there. And he seems to be making it just take more and longer every update.

I do like the mod but yeah it is has stopped being my first go to and more as my goal to get to later on a world.