Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Saice was one of the three original testers, and had some very invaluable feedback about ore generation and relative ore density that I used for quite some time. We even leapt around inside the chewed out insides of a test world together sampling ores.
Oh yeah, I remember, AdvancingCraft, right?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I think your thinking AdeptCraft which is in a sort of limbo at a moment.

No, they were actually different. AdvancingCraft was a private server Guswut maintained and that I cut the modpack for. It was a hybrid of DW20's mods with Ultimate, but I removed a few things (like power converters).

Both were very high end, big build servers. I think the primary difference between the two is that AdvancingCraft didn't implode upon the transition to 1.5.*. Instead I took over the entire project and made it the kernel of the RR project.

Reactions: whizzball1

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
No, they were actually different. AdvancingCraft was a private server Guswut maintained and that I cut the modpack for. It was a hybrid of DW20's mods with Ultimate, but I removed a few things (like power converters).

Well yes but I think he is also thinking the sever I was on before which was adeptcraft.

Your and that one have vary similar names so I think hes just mixing them up.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

Both were very high end, big build servers. I think the primary difference between the two is that AdvancingCraft didn't implode upon the transition to 1.5.*. Instead I took over the entire project and made it the kernel of the RR project.
Nice.
Any chance apps might ever open again?
Been itching to actually enjoy RR with others.
After months, SSP can get really boring.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Nice.
Any chance apps might ever open again?
Been itching to actually enjoy RR with others.
After months, SSP can get really boring.

You know if you made a sever jar you could run your own server? And there is a second european test server on the G+ group? I hope you're in the 0.8.* series. Even though the ars bugs are rough, Thaumic Tinkerer is a force to be reckoned with.

Oh, and Shoop. We're about to get yet more building blocks with DartCraft, and Ethereal Glass exists and looks a lot like a forcefield.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You know if you made a sever jar you could run your own server? And there is a second european test server on the G+ group?
I have a really bad computer.
And I have absolutely no idea where to find that server, or if it is still accepting apps or not.
It's ok, for now.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You know if you made a sever jar you could run your own server? And there is a second european test server on the G+ group? I hope you're in the 0.8.* series. Even though the ars bugs are rough, Thaumic Tinkerer is a force to be reckoned with.
If I had enough time to do some beta testing, I'd be tempted to submit my own application. Sadly, with my own mod pack I'm working on updating and beta-testing the 'dev' version, I don't really have the time. I'm generally running 1-2 versions 'newer' than the release version of ShneekeyCraft and bugfixing on the fly. I'm also still trying to find a way to automate berry bushes. Harvester functionality broke, Forestry multiblock farms won't recognize them, fruit pickers won't recognize them... golems work, but golems aren't in my mod pack.

Of course, once I can get berries to work, there will be the concern about oreberry farms producing a viable quantity of metals...

Oh, and Shoop. We're about to get yet more building blocks with DartCraft, and Ethereal Glass exists and looks a lot like a forcefield.
Not a fan of Dartcraft personally, but the Ethereal Glass is awesome. Basically, players can pass, but mobs can't. So it is perfect for external doors on bases.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I'm in the .8.x series.
I wants my Thaumic Tinkerer.
And I can't not go back from .8.4, because I'm on the Technic Launcher, which won't let me download older versions.
I think.
Can't wait for .8.5!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also still trying to find a way to automate berry bushes. Harvester functionality broke, Forestry multiblock farms won't recognize them, fruit pickers won't recognize them... golems work, but golems aren't in my mod pack.

Recent Naturas start fixing this. I talked with PowerCrystals and he says it's entirely on Natura's end. MFR and Forestry are doing the Right Thing. Already, Golems work.

Of course, once I can get berries to work, there will be the concern about oreberry farms producing a viable quantity of metals...

I actually think this is an awesome outcome. This means that Farmer-Sjin-style play is viable. I love it! Gardeners should have an option short of Mark's/Magical Crops.

Not a fan of Dartcraft personally, but the Ethereal Glass is awesome. Basically, players can pass, but mobs can't. So it is perfect for external doors on bases.

Poppycocks is doing a custom texture for us for dartcraft's ore blocks. We'll ship the modpack with a custom texture pack that fixes those ugly blocks. Fight the power.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Poppycocks is doing a custom texture for us for dartcraft's ore blocks. We'll ship the modpack with a custom texture pack that fixes those ugly blocks. Fight the power.
I'll take a look at the whole thing, while trying to stay conservative and respectful so that it's a win/win for everyone. Might as well use the day to do the rest of the non-in-game stuff I've planed out.

Me and linda have got a surprise cooking for ya, but it might take a bit before we're done with that :).

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Nice I'll have to look into that. I've been poking around NEI (now that it works) looking into stuff. I've noticed a few missing textures but at lest it is functional now.

BTW I've noticed that the Ars Magica buildings are really really buggy. I ran into about a dozen of them while exploring. And one blew up and I actual got one of the "magic blocks" that the fire ward makes. I put it down and sure enough it is indestructible. I have no TNT to test this but you might be able to farm this blocks so you might want to look into that. basically one of the towers had a trapped chest that when I opened it blew up. The fire ward was in place at the time and I ended up with on of the magic ward blocks in my inventory.

Also the AM buildings spawn in Limbo my trip in there I found one just hanging out in the blackness like a sore thumb.

But over all I've been enjoying the world setup.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I really like dartcraft, added it last night to my hodge podge attempt to put the mods you have in RR together. Really like those power mitts - they take the place of the sickle really well.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
BTW I've noticed that the Ars Magica buildings are really really buggy.

FTFY. I kid, but the last 2 releases were brutal. As a result our world is in a funny place right now.

I ran into about a dozen of them while exploring. And one blew up and I actual got one of the "magic blocks" that the fire ward makes. I put it down and sure enough it is indestructible. I have no TNT to test this but you might be able to farm this blocks so you might want to look into that.

Seems fixed in current version. The illusion blocks are currently broken because of our boomerang version problem. You got some buildings generated with the new blocks in mind but old behavior, and thus they appear to be grabbable when blown up.

Also the AM buildings spawn in Limbo my trip in there I found one just hanging out in the blackness like a sore thumb.

Mithion knows about this one, AFAIK.

But over all I've been enjoying the world setup.

We're getting to where if we froze the mods it'd feel like a good release.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Seems fixed in current version. The illusion blocks are currently broken because of our boomerang version problem. You got some buildings generated with the new blocks in mind but old behavior, and thus they appear to be grabbable when blown up.

Oh I got the illusion blocks but I also got the actual ward blocks. You know when you break a block before you brake the ward it is replaced by those indestructible see thru blocks that only go away when you break the ward itself?

I got one of those. It was blown out when the trap chest blew up. And after I broke the ward block I was able to put it down and it was still indestructible. So there might be an issue where you can use TNT to farm them turning them into the ultimate greifer tool.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I got the illusion blocks but I also got the actual ward blocks. You know when you break a block before you brake the ward it is replaced by those indestructible see thru blocks that only go away when you break the ward itself?

I got one of those. It was blown out when the trap chest blew up. And after I broke the ward block I was able to put it down and it was still indestructible. So there might be an issue where you can use TNT to farm them turning them into the ultimate greifer tool.

I know what you mean. I tested this last night and it seemed like it was killing the entities on drop. In a new map, anyways.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I really like dartcraft, added it last night to my hodge podge attempt to put the mods you have in RR together. Really like those power mitts - they take the place of the sickle really well.

Also: Dartcraft's wrench sold me on the whole mod. Ho. Lee. Crap. I want a Thaumcraft wand that can do that in a 10x10 area. Imagine it for just a second.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It's ok, for now.
This kind of passive agressive attitude isn't gonna help.
When it's not okay for you, as indicated by "for now" what are you gonna do then? Beg and grovel or get all angry at us? You have the modpack, you had to do no work in getting it set up unlike so many others, be ok with that.