Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Come to think of it, the tech trees in RR combine to make a very Xenosaga feel. Supertech surrounded by glyphic magic and zohar modifiers.

Make the crashed ship from the beginning of Xenogears.

o/ ZooooharrrrRrrr.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
sexy_ship-700x498.jpg

See, I bet yall didn't believe me when I suggested this design. (Movie was Battle beyond the Stars). :)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Bitches, please!

The hyperion orbital space station from Borderlands 2. It's in geostationary orbit, so that's an excuse for it not to move. It fires massive mortars, so an excuse to have a nuke cannon. You never see the interior, so you can fill it however you want! Oh, and also, it looks awesome and is awesome.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hyperion space station borderlands 2&aq=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=UkWuUbSNKMqI0AXahYHoBQ&biw=1163&bih=638&sei=YEWuUezSCeSm0AW3sYHQDg#facrc=_&imgrc=YcXLLBwS9jpBwM:;a08IJA3_5ViKzM;http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_mcmeo5uJuR1qjlketo1_500.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fmoon%2520base;500;500

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
yeah tbh I kinda wanna build a ship like this.. maybe in creative though, and it will be made from steel casings XD

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Seems the ship idea is popular.

But yeah with MC is is hard to do a real crashed ship because of the whole issue with making anything not a right angle look decent. And I've done flying before they are nice but it is hard to expand them if needed. That being said it would be possible to do a 'rough' landed ship. One that is basically leveled on the round but has the classic pushed up earth in front and furrow behind. Not sure how it would look in game I might poke something in test to see if I like it.

That being said I'm looking at low complexity ships. Because I don't want it to be super huge and it is going to lack some detail just because MC is not the best to fine detail.

FTL is a good place to look at. http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

With that the Kestrel would be fairly easy. Engi why its a cool ship in FTL I worry it will look like a bunch of random squares in MC because of the lack of detailing. The Federation Cruiser could also be fairly easy though it would lose some of its roundness.

Starflight (for those that remember it) also has a ship like the fed cruiser that had pods that you could add to the neck. That might be an option too.

I'm also a huge fan of the Homeworld series ships. Many of them would be fairly easy to work with in MC.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Seems the ship idea is popular.

But yeah with MC is is hard to do a real crashed ship because of the whole issue with making anything not a right angle look decent. And I've done flying before they are nice but it is hard to expand them if needed. That being said it would be possible to do a 'rough' landed ship. One that is basically leveled on the round but has the classic pushed up earth in front and furrow behind. Not sure how it would look in game I might poke something in test to see if I like it.

That being said I'm looking at low complexity ships. Because I don't want it to be super huge and it is going to lack some detail just because MC is not the best to fine detail.

FTL is a good place to look at. http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

With that the Kestrel would be fairly easy. Engi why its a cool ship in FTL I worry it will look like a bunch of random squares in MC because of the lack of detailing. The Federation Cruiser could also be fairly easy though it would lose some of its roundness.

Starflight (for those that remember it) also has a ship like the fed cruiser that had pods that you could add to the neck. That might be an option too.

I'm also a huge fan of the Homeworld series ships. Many of them would be fairly easy to work with in MC.
If you want a simple design, look at my post about the hyperion orbital space/moon station.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought a crashed ship in minecraft would be rendered like a tower planted face-down into the dirt. So it'd basically be a weirdly styled tower and as you climb through it you slowly realize what you're seeing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought a crashed ship in minecraft would be rendered like a tower planted face-down into the dirt. So it'd basically be a weirdly styled tower and as you climb through it you slowly realize what you're seeing.

that could work.... but the insides would be weird... Maybe crashed into the side of a mountain?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad you can't make things like fences go in 90° that would make it very believable.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! I know you have ICBM in there, so slap down some turrets!
And your base looks like it also need Portal Turrets.
Just delete their sound.
And since when did Saice get on the Test server?
Kewl!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And since when did Saice get on the Test server?

I've been white listed since it started. I had some real life issues that kept me from really getting into it. Then the last week or so I've been trying to get it to launch and be stable.[DOUBLEPOST=1370378282][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd suggest building a Firefly-class ship, but it's too rounded to really be possible.

yeah that was my first idea also.

I might just go with my own design that is heavily inspired by.

Reactions: whizzball1

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've been white listed since it started. I had some real life issues that kept me from really getting into it. Then the last week or so I've been trying to get it to launch and be stable.

Saice was one of the three original testers, and had some very invaluable feedback about ore generation and relative ore density that I used for quite some time. We even leapt around inside the chewed out insides of a test world together sampling ores.

Reactions: whizzball1