Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I wanted to show how the mechanics of Labeled and Void jars work because not everyone really knows what they do and I've been asked this a few times already.

The thing to remember is in order of 'vacuum' power it goes Labeled Jar, Labeled Void jar, then unlabeled Jar. This is sort of important as adding an empty void jar to your network will on its own not do much in fact it will act just like a normal jar (that has unlimited space but destroys everything over a normal full level). Until you slap a label on it.

So here are some screen shots to show the mechanics.

Note you do not have to have a valve I just have it to make showing this easier.

A network with 1 labeled Jar

Turn the valve and you see it pulls anything that matches its label.

A Network with 1 labeled jar and 1 labeled void jar
11157942095_b3def2af96.jpg

Turn the valve so that the void jar has access and it will fill and then destroy everything that matches its label.

But turn the other valve and we see the labeled jar trumps the void jar taking its matching stuff.

So if you label your network of jars have some unlabelled over flow jars and throw some labeled void jars for the stuff you get way to much of you can have a vary nice and tidy network with little maintenance.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
What is the black block you used for the floor of the tier 5 blood altar?

Full disclosure you might be right I have a couple of witch wood on my island. But I am get blue orchids and the brown rooty looking things more often.[DOUBLEPOST=1385707468][/DOUBLEPOST]I was fighting some withers for beacons and invited dave along.

Being a tank most often is MMOs I tend to fight bosses in a vary tank like way.

Dave on the other hand must be a rouge class type person just look at him go.

But here we go.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Brunt quartz

Ok cool thanks, I thought it was quartz due to it being chiseled (and the fact I couldn't find anything else that looks like it) but that brings up another question, how do you make it chiseled? I know you can make chiseled smokey quartz but that doesn't look right.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok cool thanks, I thought it was quartz due to it being chiseled (and the fact I couldn't find anything else that looks like it) but that brings up another question, how do you make it chiseled? I know you can make chiseled smokey quartz but that doesn't look right.

Burnt quartz is only smooth.

But if you put it in a carpteners block and use the carpteners chisel on it you can cycle through some overlays one of them is that pattern.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Burnt quartz is only smooth.

But if you put it in a carpteners block and use the carpteners chisel on it you can cycle through some overlays one of them is that pattern.

You know I never realized that, there is so much to learn with the RR pack :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not much today. Just a lot of Thaum research puzzles.

But I got my infusion altar

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If only one is labeled and they are connected by a pipe the labelled one will take the essentia right out of the other jar.

it has happened to me that in the network the jar of one essentia was full, so it went to an empty jar. the full jar then lost some essentia, and it pulled out all the essentia of the unlabeled jar, it pulled out more essentia then the almost full jar could take in. the unlabeled jar then got a new essentia, making the essentia that was pulled out unable to return. result everytime a jar got empty any leftover essentia in the pipes directly went in. this is quite frustrating if you need to have extra of a certain essentia, but it's all stuck in the pipes. the ideal setup would be 2 jars for each essentia, with one of the 2 on the end being a void jar, which allows for 128 essentia storage which should be enough for a few altar craftings

Not much today. Just a lot of Thaum research puzzles.

But I got my infusion altar

I pity the fool with claustrophobia
vA2NxxR.gif

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
it has happened to me that in the network the jar of one essentia was full, so it went to an empty jar. the full jar then lost some essentia, and it pulled out all the essentia of the unlabeled jar, it pulled out more essentia then the almost full jar could take in. the unlabeled jar then got a new essentia, making the essentia that was pulled out unable to return. result everytime a jar got empty any leftover essentia in the pipes directly went in. this is quite frustrating if you need to have extra of a certain essentia, but it's all stuck in the pipes. the ideal setup would be 2 jars for each essentia, with one of the 2 on the end being a void jar, which allows for 128 essentia storage which should be enough for a few altar craftings

I would not put 2 of every type of essentia has little to no use and some has a lot of uses. I still need to luck more of the infusion recipes but much like TC3 I believe a good half of them you could just have 1 void jar for. I also plan on tossing a chest of to in there for some of the more useful essentia so that I can just dorp some full jars in there.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would not put 2 of every type of essentia has little to no use and some has a lot of uses. I still need to luck more of the infusion recipes but much like TC3 I believe a good half of them you could just have 1 void jar for. I also plan on tossing a chest of to in there for some of the more useful essentia so that I can just dorp some full jars in there.

well, I often mass-craft items with the altar, so even some of the essentia that you don't use often I'd need to have large amounts of. but it's also that I want to try and make every damn thing symmetrical, so if I have 2 jars for 1 essentia, then all the essentia get 2 jars. btw, I suggest using the Extra Utilities filing cabinets if you plan on storing large amount of jars/phials, they're awesome for thaumcraft storage

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not much going on right now. Just a lot of thaum research which is fairly boring unless you are the sort that likes looking at pages and pages of randomly jumbled runes.