Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Na the curse is still there I still have stuff go horrible bad. Luckily no roll backs *knocks on wood* yet.

but this time it actually seems to be going alright, hope nothing really too bad happens, I like seeing your progress :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So woke up early... like stupid early before work so I made a post office for the server.

Nothing back here. Light passes through Carpenter blocks so it lets me light the place up with out having a lot of visible lights. also if I ever need to expand I can just move the wall back some.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok the info on the altars were not the best. So to be sure I did some testing in creative to find the bare minimums for each altar. In case anyone is interested in that here is the bare bones of what a tier 5 alter needs you can add all you want to this there seems to be no real rules for line of sight blocking or anything like that so that gives a lot of room to make it pretty. But all the blocks you see here most be in these relative places form the altar block.

So on to making it in real play.

You will most likely die a few times making a tier 5 altar. Trust me on this it will most likely happen.

Blocks in hand I started working out the bare bone set up. Note the smooth stone place holder I do plan on using the beacons when I put them in so I planed space to have at least one maxed out.

SOOOO much blood, stone, wood, quartz, gold, and work later here we go.

The smooth stone is a place holder for now and the beacons are not in yet as I am still wanting for wither skulls. But its there and ready functionally a tier 4 at the moment but 4 beacons would turn it straight to a tier 5.

So that done I needed to get some flowers for Ars and dyes and saddly Ars flowers are fairly rare. So I made a flower machine

After that got side tracked by Dave and murdering innocent critters for POWA.... you know RR has this theme about blood and murder for power.... just saying.

I think we murder like 6 or 8 of these guys.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Your temple of blood and doom looks amazing :D Love that chiseled gold,
is there any automated way of getting flowers or are you just standing up there with bonemeal?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Your temple of blood and doom looks amazing :D Love that chiseled gold,
is there any automated way of getting flowers or are you just standing up there with bonemeal?

Bonemeal for now. You go under it pop 4 or so bone into around down there and click the bottom it washes them into the chest then resets.

Might do something with Ars and a caster once I get more advanced in that.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Bonemeal for now. You go under it pop 4 or so bone into around down there and click the bottom it washes them into the chest then resets.

You can also try the new TE3 Deployer thingy. You can even aim where you want to right/left click it!

Reactions: the_j485 and dgdas9

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Just a comment, I'm not entirely sure that this will get you your ars magica flowers
I'm definitely happy to be proven wrong, but at least according to the compendium they have very particular spawning conditions.
Off the top of my head, Aum only spawns near witchwood trees, and desert nova only on sand.

You might get blue orchids from that set-up though, they are meant to spawn in grassy biomes

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Just a comment, I'm not entirely sure that this will get you your ars magica flowers
I'm definitely happy to be proven wrong, but at least according to the compendium they have very particular spawning conditions.
Off the top of my head, Aum only spawns near witchwood trees, and desert nova only on sand.

You might get blue orchids from that set-up though, they are meant to spawn in grassy biomes

I have gotten a few ars plants/flowers already with it. They just seem vary rare.