Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Good thing about TC4 is the new search, it is a bit less boring. :p

I like the new TC4 research. It is just not something I would post as it is just a lot of puzzle pages and since those are randomize they would not even be all that helpful to anyone.

Reactions: matpower123

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I like the TC4 research, at first it was a bit intimidating having limited resources to work with but once you get rolling and in the groove it's fun. The limitation on research points isn't that terrible and it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was (moving nodes to my house however......). I finished all the TC\TT\MB research in about 3 days and it was enough fun that I was losing time "oh I've got a couple hours before I go pick up the kids from school.....phone call from daughter "DAD, WHERE ARE YOU??!!" oh crap it's time already, thought I'd only been researching for a few minutes" lol

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
so last couple days I've gotten little done because of work. But I finally get some time Saturday and find a recent update has broken a few things. The most important of those is my mob system. So I had to make a new one.

First thing is a wanted this one to look nice and be visible so I opted for OpenBlocks dark glass. Which means I'm going to need a lot of thicken glass so it is a multi stage process. So I made a monster of automation.

Yes it is a mess
by Saice, on Flickr

Yes it is a mess
by Saice, on Flickr

Ok just this looks a little confusing but in the back left there buried under that barrel is a pulverize and a igneous extruder. The nice thing about BM is that whats powering it is also buried in there one steam dynamo with lava crystal the same is in to two steel furnaces. The sand goes up into a barrel and the gravel gets piped over to its own barrel the sand then gets pulled out with TE itemducts some into a furnace for glass and some into the MFR fluidcrafter. it makes Sandy glass and that gets pipped out to a second furnace which then makes the Thicken Glass. Both glasses have a barrel and the whole system has an over flow to a trash can.

So with that running I needed more cursed earth then what I got from my sigil. So off to a tight dark hole to grow more.

Mmmm cursed earth
by Saice, on Flickr

With all that in hand I made some TiCo drawbridges because I wanted to be able to turn the whole mess on and off. You can see the basic idea here. I'll put Fans on the sides and down in the gap to push everything to the hole in the middle.

Build it and they will spawn
by Saice, on Flickr

by Saice, on Flickr

I used some red alloy wire and some wireless redstone under the draw bridges to control them. Since both Redstone paste and the Drawbridges are signal aware I had to use the alloy to make sure all the bridges fully extended.

by Saice, on Flickr

My first run had a few issues and I ended up adding anti-spider systems.

by Saice, on Flickr

With all that in place you can see basically how this works.

by Saice, on Flickr

by Saice, on Flickr

Down bellow (via a portal) is the Kill room and like every vanilla dark room system you have ever seen it has to odd kill drop and farm mode.

by Saice, on Flickr

Kill box of love
by Saice, on Flickr

Kill box of love
by Saice, on Flickr

A little extra thing is since the kill box is 2x2 and if you get right up on it and a mod is in the back they can see you. I had to add something to keep from creepers blowing up. Yep more fans. There are two fans buried in the back wall about 6 blocks back the blow all the mobs up front into a 2x1 space making sure everything is in reach and no mob can see you. Also it pushes all the drops out to so there is that.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
quick question, wouldn't microblocks also work to stop spiders from spawning? you could just place down the smallest microblocks in the spots that you now have the carpenter's blocks in and spiders shouldn't be able to spawn... atleast that's my theory, I haven't actually tried it out

but again, awesome build

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
quick question, wouldn't microblocks also work to stop spiders from spawning? you could just place down the smallest microblocks in the spots that you now have the carpenter's blocks in and spiders shouldn't be able to spawn... atleast that's my theory, I haven't actually tried it out

but again, awesome build

I like the look of the carpenter's blocks. I'll be putting something in them to pretty them up.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Oooooohhhhh~
I like this idea of using TiCo drawbridges
My idea was to make a piston roof.. not so scalable as this

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Ooo I have not though about using the fans from OpenBlocks even though I have the mod!

Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Depends. If you are working in something well-planned, you can easily hide the mess somehere. Or you can just build underground xD

That is where 'most of the time' comes in many that want to be 'as efficient as possible' are not the same sort that want to make things pretty to look at. That whole function over form vs form over function.

Yes if you plan you build out in advance you can make things both.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No offense but as efficient as possible ends up being ugly most of the time.

yup, you're exactly right. that's why I always find my builds ugly as ****
though I often try to make the build in a test world first, making it as efficient as possible, and afterwards I try to pretty it up a bit

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Its just a photo sort of LP. Though I am looking into youtube once things settle down at my new job.
Awww...hope you would still continue with your screenshot LP. I tend to not have time for videos unless they're very short. :(

But still, it is a great idea. If a picture speaks a thousand words, I don't know how to quantify a video's worth though. :p It would be useful for conveying how you did what in an easier method.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk