Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Today i was trying to host a local server on my main PC:

Phenom x4 945 3.0GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
AMD 7850 2GB DDR4
Internet Conection:
2331249025.png

So... yeah... its not bad for a server...
25565 is forwarded on my router, as well on the Windows firewall.

BUT, when i try to join (on the same PC or in another PC) i have a HUGE amount of lag... (fps are OK, but when i break block they reappear, sometime i cant even break them, etc)

I tried both, joining via the external IP (200.xx.xx.xx) and the LAN IP(192.168.1.XXx) , and both have the same problem. Also i tried setting the server priority to "Real Time" on windows, giving the server up to 3GB of RAM, but nothing solved it.

So i was thinking there is something wrong with the server files i downloaded from the official web site.

Another thing i tried was setting up the server on my notebook (Dell Inspiron 15R the 6GB RAM Model with the Intel I5 Processor), and i got the same results.

Any ideas on what could be wrong???

EDIT
PROBLEM RESOLVED! SEE BELOW FOR FURTHER REFERENCE OR CLICK HERE

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there Clodan.
what is your MC name. so that you can try and join my server and see if it's laggy aswell

clodan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, my server is hosted at: 200.114.249.123:25565[DOUBLEPOST=1353873270][/DOUBLEPOST]ohhh, my MC name is clodan :p

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
can' connect to itI have sendt you an conversation, I fyou could try the server I have posted, and btw I can't join your server,

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
I am having issues with my server also. It has been laggy from the point at which it started. Even with just me playing. The server machine i use is awesome. But the server just runs like crap.. :/

clodan

Jul 29, 2019
Ive fixed the problem with Woodopriest help. Im using a modified bat file with this extentions to make java use multithreading and some other stuff:

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -Xmn512M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp "FTB-Beta-A.jar" -jar "FTB-Beta-A.jar"

Have in mind that this settings are configured for my local PC, you will have to fix yours with the settings for your PC

My PC for reference:
CPU: Phenom x4 945 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
VGA: AMD 7850 2GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI 770-C45
Power Source: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 600W

Reactions: damaged

defakto

Jul 29, 2019
Deadlyapples,

Not enough information to help out. What does run like crap mean? What does awesome server mean? Love to help though.

Also, I'd recommend starting your own thread, makes life easier for tracking your issue and keeps this one from spinning away from the OP.

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
I just used the extensions that the 0ther guy found out and used and my server runs great now :O

No lag. Lots of ages running. Its awesome D:

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
I was not having a lag problem but after some quick testing on the jvm options, I noticed no change to the Average tick stays 6-10 ms
I do however notice a reduction in cpu usage by the server, from 15% to 4% average, with one person logged in.
It was hard to tell but I think the map loaded quicker.

system(laptop)
core i5 460m @ 2.5Ghz
8G ram 1066
win 7 x64
gpu amd 5730

damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Ive fixed the problem with Woodopriest help. Im using a modified bat file with this extentions to make java use multithreading and some other stuff:

Have in mind that this settings are configured for my local PC, you will have to fix yours with the settings for your PC

My PC for reference:

This solved my issue! Me and my buddy are very grateful. :D Thanks!

Joseph

Jul 29, 2019
I think this thread is probably old enough to be expired, but can anyone tell me how to adapt the java script above to fit my pc?
I have an hp compaq dc5750 with an amd Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200 and 2 gigs of memory. I don't remotely know what the script above means. I'd appreciate any help :)

EDIT: btw it runs xubuntu

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
if your using openjdk most of the options should be the same
since you have 2 cores
Code:
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=2
im not sure if your cpu supports sse4 if not you will need to change this line to the most recent version it suports
Code:
-XX:UseSSE=4

im using mostly the same option on my ubuntu 12.04 install

the full command Im using is
Code:
java -server -Xincgc -Xmx6G -Xms2G -Xmn1G -XX:NewRatio=2
-XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc
-oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G
-cp ${server_path}/FTB-Beta-A.jar -jar ${server_path}/FTB-Beta-A.jar
edit: Im using it in a shell script thats why the varaibles

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
This will work with a vanilla server, bukkit, tekket, mindcrack, direwolf20
It is simply configuring the java environment to a latency sensitive application.

Reactions: Joseph

gumblue

Jul 29, 2019
ummmm any chance someone could do it for me? (I have a mac)

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz
Cores: 2
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
System: Mac OS X Lion (laptop)

I have no idea what I'm doing so..... yeah... help would be greatly appreciated.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
I was having the same problem going from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6. All of the sudden server performance got weird. I often see flickering blocks and when I mine a block sometimes it just stays there until a block update nearby takes place or I hit it again. Looking at the tps on the server it's around 4-20ms. I just don't understand what is going on. The server performance is pretty much the same as in 1.4.5 yet the server is acting so weird. What did they do in 1.4.6? I never had flickering block problem before. It's so random as well. Most of the time you'll notice it by using a diamond pick with efficiency or a diamond drill while digging down in stone. The block you're standing on is "flickering" or just isn't being mined until you mine it again etc.

Anyways, the server in question is a AMD +5200 x2 with 2gb ram, it's a dedicated server and all it does is run a minecraft server. Never been a problem until 1.4.6 came along.

The line I'm using... haven't logged on to the server to see if there is any actual "change" but will do in a few minutes.

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -Xmn512M -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1024 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp "minecraft_server.jar" -jar "minecraft_Server.jar"

<edit> Interesting, first impression is very positive. Noticed a reduce in server cpu load by quite a bit. Can't notice any flickering blocks yet, but it happens pretty randomly or it used to anyway. I'm going to play around a bit more and update later on.

benzarzen

Jul 29, 2019
I have no clue what I'm doing... can someone help me... please? XD
My computer is mac, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Newest OS (I think) any help would be appreciated.

alexb75000

Jul 29, 2019

My PC for reference:
how do i make this modified bat to start my server? please someone teach me step by step. thanks im on a windows pc btw

deathdragonaw

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

i have got similar lag problems with my FTB-Server since i changed from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6. It's running on a linux root with ubuntu. These commands that fixed the windows servers of the others should work in a linux system as well since they are java, right?

Edit: After trying a restart i get an error and cant start the server anymore :eek:

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 1/4/13 5:06 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerControl.setupBlocks(RedPowerControl.java:117)
    at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerControl.load(RedPowerControl.java:50)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:483)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:656)
    at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:94)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
    at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:458)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
    Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-042stab057.1
    Java Version: 1.6.0_24, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Memory: 52506744 bytes (50 MB) / 145883136 bytes (139 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
    JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx2048M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.25 FML v4.6.17.515 Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.489 53 mods loaded, 53 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ChickenChunks [ChickenChunks] (ChickenChunks 1.2.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ComputerCraft [ComputerCraft] (ComputerCraft1.481.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    CCTurtle [ComputerCraft Turtles] (ComputerCraft1.481.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    EnderStorage [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage 1.3.1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ExtrabiomesXL [ExtrabiomesXL] (ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.4.6-3.7.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    factorization [Factorization] (Factorization-0.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    GraviGun [GraviGun] (GravityGun1.4.6v1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.112.170-lf.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IC2NuclearControl [Nuclear Control] (IC2NuclearControl-1.4.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ModularForceFieldSystem [Modular ForceField System V2] (ModularForceFieldSystemV2.2.8.2.14.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    OmniTools [OmniTools] (OmniTools-2.2.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Core [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Builders [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Energy [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Factory [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Forestry [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry-A-1.6.4.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_1.4.6-6.12.2.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    RedPowerCore [RedPower] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    RedPowerBase [RP Base] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerMachine [RP Machine] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerCompat [RP Compat] (RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerWiring [RP Wiring] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerLogic [RP Logic] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerLighting [RP Lighting] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerWorld [RP World] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    RedPowerControl [RP Control] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    SoulShards [SoulShards] (SoulShards-v1.21-universal.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    StevesCarts [Steve's Carts] (StevesCarts2.0.0.a41.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Thaumcraft [Thaumcraft] (Thaumcraft3.0.1c.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion|Factory [Factory] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion|Energy [Energy] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion|Transport [Transport] (ThermalExpansion-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ThermalExpansion|NEI [NEI] (ThermalExpansion-NEI-2.1.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    WR-CBE|Core [WR-CBE Core] (WR-CBE Core 1.3.2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    WR-CBE|Addons [WR-CBE Addons] (WR-CBE Addons 1.3.2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    WR-CBE|RedPower [WR-CBE RedPower] (WR-CBE RedPower 1.3.2.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
    BuildCraft|Transport [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    BuildCraft|Silicon [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.3.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    CompactSolars [Compact Solar Arrays] (compactsolars-universal-1.4.6-3.2.0.21.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    EE3 [Equivalent Exchange 3] (ee3-universal-pre1e.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    IronChest [Iron Chest] (ironchest-universal-1.4.6-4.5.1.203.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    MiscPeripherals [MiscPeripherals] (miscperipherals-2.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    GraviSuite [Gravitation Suite] (mod_zGraviSuite_1_6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (mystcraft-uni-1.4.6-0.9.5.00.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    ObsidiPlates [Obsidian Pressure Plates] (obsidiplates-universal-1.2.0.3.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    PortalGun [Portal Gun] (portalgun1.4.6v2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    XyCraft [XyCraft] (xycraft-universal-1.4.6-0.9.44.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml'
    Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)